Author Topic: TAR 29 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS** Read Post #1!  (Read 165746 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 29 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS** Read Post #1!
« Reply #375 on: July 03, 2016, 03:50:39 AM »
And in season 6, there was a lot more than just a pizza shop -- Mrs. O'Leary's barn anyone? or the railroad tracks that might have cost Kris and Jon the million dollars?

-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #376 on: July 03, 2016, 03:54:55 AM »
And in season 6, there was a lot more than just a pizza shop -- Mrs. O'Leary's barn anyone? or the railroad tracks that might have cost Kris and Jon the million dollars?

According to Kris & Jon's post-show stuff, it wasn't as close as the editing made it seem. But I digress.

Hoping this finale is decent at least, if there's anything current TAR has done right, it's finales. (25-27 have good finales, 28, while meh and linear, was still at least better than 16/18-19 and 22-24).

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: July 03, 2016, 06:12:17 AM »
Tanzania got its 4th visit this season, making it having the greatest number of visits (and number of pit-stops) among all African countries  :)
Brazil is now tied with Argentina with greatest number of visits among South-American countries (both 6 times) :lala

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #378 on: July 03, 2016, 06:22:56 AM »

All they did in Chicago was eat pizza chill  :groan:

Don't even start. You have NO idea what they did  today, none of us knows the whole story yet so please don't start whining because a pizza shop was involved. I am dying to find out more, this will be so much fun!!

I think he was referring to Season 6 peach.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #379 on: July 03, 2016, 07:58:08 AM »

According to Kris & Jon's post-show stuff, it wasn't as close as the editing made it seem. But I digress.

Hoping this finale is decent at least, if there's anything current TAR has done right, it's finales. (25-27 have good finales, 28, while meh and linear, was still at least better than 16/18-19 and 22-24).
I'm already a fan of this finale. :lol: Every location sighted yesterday will bring back a lot of memories on the live broadcast. I really hope a team accidentally goes to the U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox Stadium) instead of Wrigley. That would be hilarious!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2016, 10:54:06 AM »
I am so excited to see a Chicago finale. It looks like they got it right this time!
Por ti volaré

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2016, 11:17:02 AM »
I don't know if I'd call it "getting it right". The original Chicago finale was back in the single-season days when they used to have a nearby intermediate destination in the final leg and not go to the final city until the very end (usually the non-contiguous states but that's how we also got the only visits to Canada, Puerto Rico and Jamaica).

I really miss when they did that.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #382 on: July 04, 2016, 09:00:51 AM »
I am so excited to see a Chicago finale. It looks like they got it right this time!

It took them 23 seasons to come back to Chicago. :funny: Can't wait for this finale episode.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #383 on: July 04, 2016, 09:55:46 AM »
Panama
Looking forward to this one.

Brazil
Ugh we just went here.

Tanzania
It's been a long time since an African country was repeated, right? (No, I'm not saying every African visit has been first-time visits) I wish that wasn't broken here :/

Norway
Meh. Still fairly recent to me.

Italy
Not looking forward to this one...

Greece
Can't wait for this!! I have the same excitement for this as I did with Armenia and Georgia last season. Hopefully it's more like Georgia.

Vietnam
It's definitely less used than China and Japan, so I don't really mind this one.

I want a route where the countries included haven't been visited since pre-TAR 20. Like I don't want to see Brazil after we saw it 2 seasons ago. :/ At least there's no China for the third time in a row :lol:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #384 on: July 04, 2016, 10:27:43 AM »
And the last country, assuming it is South Korea, would be alright, too.

I thought it got more visits, but it was only twice. 4 and 17.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2016, 12:17:18 PM »
Although this route isn't S28, and there aren't new countries is still love it!

• Panama 🇵🇦 — Super Exited, although I'd prefer Costa Rica  :escape, I'm hoping only a small bits in PanCity and that most of the leg is in Gamboa.

• Brazil 🇧🇷 — Eh… it's okay, I mean we haven't had São Paulo since S9 but I feel Brazil is kinda meh, we've had SA since S26 it needed a break  :funny:.

• Tanzania 🇹🇿 — YEEESSSSS! So exited about this, Hopefully Stone Town is properly displayed this visit  :luvya:, it looks beautiful, Hopefully Dar Es Salaam will bring us a crazy African chaotic leg.  :grins:.

• Norway 🇳🇴 — SCANDINAVIA! Can't wait for Ålesund to see what it brings! I've looked it up and it really does look amazing!

• Italy 🇮🇹 — I'm so exited! I know Italy is a tad overused but Lake Como & Venice! They're two of the most beautiful places in Italy, I can't wait!

• Greece 🇬🇷 — OMMMMGGGGG YESSSSSS!!!! We haven't seen Greece in 20 seasons, this is greatly needed  :funny:. The possibility of Delphi  :hearts:.

• Vietnam 🇻🇳 — For the Ninh Binh leg  :hearts: :luvya:, it looks stunning I'd say more that Ha Long! Hanoi is kinda meh since they visited it in S22 I would of rather another leg in Greece tbh, Santorini maybe  :<3.

• South Korea 🇰🇷 — Although it's our 3rd big Asian City penultimate leg in a row, I'm still exited. I'm just hoping for a task revolving around the K-Pop industry! Doing K-Pop dances  :funny:, but I want a futuristic detour and traditional roadblock, like S24 leg 4 except 1200000X better  :funny:.

• Chicago 🇺🇸 — If you look at my Wishlists for S26+ they all end in Chicago  :funny:. I'm EXTACTIC that they are visiting here, give the Windy City some views  :conf:.

In Love, but wish a new county was thrown in, For S30 (If it's there) visit Mandalay & Bagan, Burma KTHXBYE.

Edit: what are all those gaps  :gaah: :funny:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:20:31 PM by BritishTARFan »

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »
Panama
- I have positive feeling on this leg with the previous legs yield pretty good outcome (Paolo win/Godlewski being saved on NEL, and of course the taxi drivers helping each other giving the TAR19 F3 teams celebration) regardless of leg structure.

Brazil
- While I'm not a fan they visit Brazil again (Leg in Amazon or Brasilla please), but I'm OK they visit Sao Paulo since the city was only featured back on 9.

Tanzania
- Again not a fan Tanzania being visited for 4th time (South Africa, Ethiopia, or even Djibouti), but I'm looking forward for the Dar Es Salaam leg + a Zanzibar leg minus the 11-esque production/bunching issue.

Norway
- Nordic countries <333 Norway again </3 (Finland or Iceland please) but at least it was a new location so gj.

Italy
- Again </3 but new location Lake Como, and Milan/Venice getting second visit after only featured back on 4.

Greece
- YES YES YES it finally get second visit after being absent for 20 seasons. <3

Vietnam
- I'm meh Hanoi being visited again, but the past Hanoi leg was pretty good with the chaotic factor so can't complain too much.
- New non-urban location Ninh Binh being featured, so props for that.

South Korea
- While I'm not happy South Korea being visited on 4 teams again for third straight time, but then this is the only third South Korea visit we get from this US version for East Asia visit instead of China & Japan again. Hoping there's some K-Pop/Drama theme task featured this time, and production forced the teams using the bus and subway to moved around Seoul.

Chicago
- FINALLY get featured since 6 but this time with FULLY FEATURED Chicago final leg??? YES <333333
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #387 on: July 04, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »
Media before the season
Elise Doganeiri:
 Jerry Bruckheimer is right, we do have more good ideas up our sleeve. Hmmm, what can I say … to be honest I have to keep it all under wraps but I will tell you, we have a fantastic cast lined up, exciting new places and challenges, and a new twist like you have never seen before.

Cast- so far its realtors and heroes (army+ firefighter) and misc
Maybe the rest will make it fantastic
New places- explains why we got no new countries
New twist- definitely never seen before :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #388 on: July 04, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »
Looks like we might have a big, fat, Greek wedding!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #389 on: July 05, 2016, 04:48:03 AM »
Am I the only one who likes the Brazil visit this season? (pre-race at least) :peek I didn't feel TAR visit Brazil during TAR27, because that leg was disappointing from leg design to editing.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: July 05, 2016, 05:29:43 AM »
Am I the only one who likes the Brazil visit this season? (pre-race at least) :peek I didn't feel TAR visit Brazil during TAR27, because that leg was disappointing from leg design to editing.

You aren't alone. Brazil is one of my favorite South American countries. It's surprising because they went there despite the Zika virus risk.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #391 on: July 05, 2016, 05:35:12 AM »
I love the route but I wish Greece had double legs since the last visit, Season 9 was terrible and Greece needs to be explore more rather than Italy which is overused, although the places visited in Italy are awesome, Venice and Lake Como, I like it. Happy for Vietnam but they could have visited another area rather than Hanoi because we've been there fairly recently (Season 22) but still it's fine with me. Good job for the production for pulling off an awesome route.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:49:44 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #392 on: July 05, 2016, 11:09:00 AM »

You aren't alone. Brazil is one of my favorite South American countries. It's surprising because they went there despite the Zika virus risk.
With the Rio Olympics coming around the corner, that is so many more foreign people to worry about  possibly catching Zika than we can imagine. The virus scare is what I am most anxious about with the upcoming festivities.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #393 on: July 06, 2016, 05:09:04 AM »

As much fun as I did getting to watch the roadblock and the Pit Stop things live in Sao Paulo, kinda wished they tried another city. The country is so big and it's barely featured, even Survivor did Tocantins a few seasons ago. Yes, last visit to the city was back in TAR9, but still, not that much of an unique city. The leg design was done towards efficiency, which makes the PIt Stop a bit disappointing, sending them to such a small park (with very straight forward directions to reach the mat spot), instead of making them head to Ibirapuera park (where it's possible to get lost) or even the main campus for the University of Sao Paulo, which a lot people treat like a park and would have been interesting in terms of direction.

A place they must feature again is definitely the Iguaçu Falls which were only briefly shown back in TAR2, they could even do the border hopping thing like done in TAR27 for the Zimbabwe/Zambia leg, as only the Brazil side was featured back then, but they could also do the Argentinian and Paraguayan sides, and feature 3 countries really easily.

People always mention Brasilia, Manaus or Salvador which were all used at some point during TAR:LatAm. I'd add Natal (which is nearby Barreira do Inferno Launch Center which would be cool place to visit and places related to Prof. Nicolelis for the  IINN-ELS), São Luis (which would get them close to the gorgeous sights from Lençóis Maranhenses National Park) or Curitiba (when locals compare Brazilian cities to what would be an US close equivalent, Sao Paulo is compared to NYC, Rio to LA, Curitiba would be the one some would compare to Chicago).

Regarding the Zika outbreak, not as dire as media outlets let you believe it is. Things are better as you head South. One can barely worry about that in metropolitan areas, almost forgotten by the news, cause we have worse things to worry about.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #394 on: July 06, 2016, 05:36:19 AM »
A place they must feature again is definitely the Iguaçu Falls which were only briefly shown back in TAR2, they could even do the border hopping thing like done in TAR27 for the Zimbabwe/Zambia leg, as only the Brazil side was featured back then, but they could also do the Argentinian and Paraguayan sides, and feature 3 countries really easily.
Wow, I love that idea!
It would be so great to have the leg start in Brazil, have a task (ARI?) there, then hop to the Argentinian side for the roadblock and finally do a detour and have a pitstop in Paraguay. :colors
Or, have a leg in Brazil + Argentina, make it a KOR and have the next leg in Argentina + Paraguay!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: July 06, 2016, 07:10:02 AM »
Wow, I love that idea!
It would be so great to have the leg start in Brazil, have a task (ARI?) there, then hop to the Argentinian side for the roadblock and finally do a detour and have a pitstop in Paraguay. :colors
Or, have a leg in Brazil + Argentina, make it a KOR and have the next leg in Argentina + Paraguay!

I like this idea very much! They just need to pull off an awesome leg design, proper/culturally relevant tasks and great editing. This gives us other options as well such as Czech Republic-Slovakia or Qatar-Bahrain combo. They did before since S.25 with Sweden & Denmark, S.26 with France & Monaco, S. 27 with Zambia & Zimbabwe and S.28 with Switzerland & France. Other than that, I'm hoping they could bring back double-length legs.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:26:51 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #396 on: July 06, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »
Wow, I love that idea!

Or Vienna & Bratislava, they're right next to each other.

I like this idea very much! They just need to pull off an awesome leg design, proper/culturally relevant tasks and great editing. This gives us other options as well such as Czech Republic-Slovakia or Qatar-Bahrain combo. They did before since S.25 with Sweden & Denmark, S.26 with France & Monaco, S. 27 with Zambia & Zimbabwe and S.28 with Switzerland & France. Other than that, I'm hoping they could bring back double-length legs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #397 on: July 06, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

:luvya: :luvya: :like: :like: :like: :like: :luvya: :luvya:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #398 on: July 06, 2016, 10:01:49 PM »

:luvya: :luvya: :like: :like: :like: :like: :luvya: :luvya:

absolutely spot on
what might have been

Offline Top Hat

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #399 on: July 12, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »
I really like this new concept of newly formed teams.
From the ashes, he rises again, for all must be made right.