Author Topic: Amazing Race 29 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 198432 times)

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
So there is just one time that didnt arrive at pit stop yet: girl/girl team

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I'm not sure Oliveira is using the same team numbering protocol RFF established early on.  Can we ask for team arrival clarification based on the RFF team designations?

No. She is using the order of arrival which is perfectly fine!! We'll sort out the pics later! And :welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Tall woman was seen back at RB after being at Pitstop. If anyone has insight on that, please do share.

So...question is how will the Penalties affect the standings??  Suspense!!

HUGE :tu :tu :tu TO ALL Helping with sightings today!!

Especial thanks to Numfar and Oliveira!!

I think we have more pics coming when everyone recovers.

Good Job, team!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
1st place: m/f (number 11 of RFF protocol)
2nd place: m/f (number 7 of RFF protocol)
3rd place: m/m (number 1 of RFF protocol)
4th place: m/f (number 3 of RFF protocol)
5th place: m/f (number 2 of RFF protocol)
6th place: m/f
7th place m/f (number 8 of RFF protocol)
8th place: m/f (number 4 of RFF protocol)
9th place: m/f
10th place: f/f (number 6 of RFF protocol)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Looks like the last two teams will have penalties because they use the train/metro
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The tweet Bottle found:

Kåūë Bîtęñčøürt ‏@kauebitencourt  10m10 minutes ago View translation
Conversei com a produtora do TAR que me apresentou para o Phil e a gente tirou varias fotos *-* #AmazingRace
11:16 AM - 13 Jun 2016

which translates as

I spoke with the producer of TAR that introduced me to Phil and we took several pictures *-* #AmazingRace

Another tweet from ‏@kauebitencourt

Kåūë Bîtęñčøürt ‏@kauebitencourt  2m
E na hora de ir embora o Phil tava passando carregando uns equipamentos e eu falei byee phil e ele falou taaaake care
11:20 AM - 13 Jun 2016

Translates to

And when it is time to leave Phil was passing hauling equipment and I told phil byee and he spoke taaaake care

And yet another tweet. I can relate to his feelings.

Kåūë Bîtęñčøürt ‏@kauebitencourt  4m4 minutes ago View translation
Ai gente, to tão feliz! Realizei um SONHO. Sonho mesmo! TAR significa muito pra mim! 💙💚💜💙💚💜
11:30 AM - 13 Jun 2016

translated:

Oh people, I'm so happy! I fulfilled a dream. Dream! TAR means a lot to me! 💙💚💜💙💚💜

Apparently he was tipped off. From earlier today:

Kåūë Bîtęñčøürt ‏@kauebitencourt  8h8 hours ago View translation
To ficando nervoso! Esse onibus tá meia hora atrasado! Aaaargh! Se eu perder de ver o Phil eu volto para matar o motorista! #AmazingRace
3:43 AM - 13 Jun 2016

which translates to:

I'm getting nervous! This bus you're half an hour late. Aaaargh! If I lose to see Phil to kill the driver. #AmazingRace

I just noticed that the translations (which I put in italics), weren't showing up, so I switched them to bold type. Not sure why italics aren't working. I guess I'd better report it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:04:58 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've just met Phil from The Amazing Race
https://www.facebook.com/lucas.burn?fref=nf

Phil's popular this season
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Updating with some info from the LIVE sightings.

New member Brazilian Racer was kind enough to answer a pile of Q's for me based on what he heard and saw.   :hearts:

After arriving at GRU, Teams spent the night in Carapicuiba.

Leg began ~ 5AM

They were brought into Sao Paulo in the AM by HELICOPTERS. 5 helicopters for the 10 teams.

Arriving at 15 min intervals

Order of tasks was  early morning helicopter flight - detour - road block - pitstop

Teams were instructed to travel BY TAXI to the Detour near SE Station..

For some reason the F/F team went by Metro.

Per Brazillion Racer: (and as Boingo showed)
They were going to Sé station, the detour was there, it's very fast with a cab but with metro it takes like 25/30min because you need to buy the tickets, they have lots and lots of stairs at the station and also they had to change lines, from green to red, so it probably took them 30/40min while ppl with cabs took 10min

The detour was either to play some music with a carnival band or fight box in a gym

F/F team struggled with the detour (?music) and had to attempt it 6+ times

The Info about 2 other teams having a penalty is INCORRECT

Pitstop check in was between about 1050 and 1400.

Next leg is possibly starting Today about 8AM.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Metro line change should be Green to Blue, not Green to Red, but that's technicality.

These are the nearby major heliports (map on the top) around Paulista area where the teams probably would've been dropped off to pick-up the Detour Clue. Even though we have no sighting of the drop-offs the metro train where FF team was spotted makes this hard to be questioned.

So basically they had to return the drop-off neighborhood after completing the detour.
Will be writing some additional info on spec, as it's not completely confirmed by live sighting.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:52:36 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
The man with Becca is Floyd

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
Phil told at pit stop that the bearded man & woman was team number 10 last leg and go all the way to first

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
So short report from yesterday in case anyone is interested. And some additional info from what we intel we learned from other reports.

From the info about overnight stay in Carapicuíba (50km from GRU ~ About 50min drive), and report Peach got from Brazilian Racer indicates pick-up of departure times thing and also possible start of Leg 2, on 06/12, with teams likely being bunched-up on same flight from PTY to GRU or maybe split through COPA701 and 725.

The reported location for the Detour, is almost the same or close enough to one of the Detour choices from TAR9 Leg 1.

As I wasn't completely sure about the reports about the leg being here, It took me a while until I actually got to leave my office, which is close enough that I can arrive around Paulista area in 30 min. When I got confirmation from Peach, I was already 30 minutes late from my planned departure time, as I got stuck in a meeting. She got me info about detour and pit-stop locations as I was arriving at Paulista. By the time I arrived, the top 3 teams were already done with the RB, and probably already checked-in. The picture from Oliveira's post http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,32173.msg1168111.html#msg1168111 - likely taken around 10am. Those teams were gone when I arrived at RB spot (around 11am), I would only spot them later on while hanging-out around the Pit-Stop area.

As you can see from pics posted yesterday, there were 6 teams doing RB when I arrived. Spent  a few minutes there observing and took a few pictures, before production started asking not to do so. Decided to head to Pit-Stop, where it took me a few minutes to figure out, if I could actually get close enough to the mat. Created a small map for RB and Pit-Stop, let me know if I should post it. Greeter was "poor fella", dressed (mostly undressed) as native indian. Poor fella, cause the last few days we've experienced the coldest weather we've had in the city for the last 7-8 years, especially yesterday.

Arrived nearby mat in time to see arrival for 5-7 places and was able to listen to 2 names to help with ID. Just like TAR26, the expected questions from Phil about how teams are working out were exchanged. Was trying to lay low, and tried waiting a bit more, with no avail, and decided to leave, but Peach convinced me to try staying a few more minutes. Returned to Pit-Stop, 8th place probably checked-in during that time, as greeter was resting on the side and Phil wasn't at the mat. Saw checked-in teams resting around, or recording interviews. Was not able to get pics, too many producers around and security people, plus saw Bertram talking to a group of fans (prob. Oliveira's pals) and Elise running around with other errands.

By then (around 12:30pm) I was almost at my time limit to get back to work, so left the Pit Stop for good before the last two teams checked in, but as the RB spot is on my way to the bus stop, I'd be able to check how things were going. And a few interesting things happened on the way.
- On my way out of the Pit-Stop, this final time, about a block away, the FF team actually ran past me, was so fast that I didn't get time to snap a picture. I thought then that they were running to Pit-Stop, and were likely last or next to last team, however with hindsight, they were actually lost, and trying to find RB.
- 2nd, I do apologize, I thought I spotted tall girl again around RB, but that was my mistake, confusion from my part, that was actually one of the members from FF team. Trying to place the different team members, I got confused. Only able to figure things out later on.
- By the time, I was at the RB, there was still one team there, who probably had to redo the task. As I saw the team member rappelling down when I arrived, but they never left by the time I left. A few minutes later I arrived, saw Clue giver lady leaving her spot and head out to where most production people were hanging, and that's when I saw the team member who I thought was tall girl, but turns out was one of the FF, waiting for her partner to complete RB.
- As I boarded my bus back to work, saw someone rappelling down the building, though was too far to tell who it was.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:49:16 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Organizing Timeline order from pics we got from Live. If someone want to give a go to ID the teams, please do so, I mostly suck at that.

1) FF team heading to Detour by Metro around 8:30am

2) RB - Likely between 10:00am~10:30am

3) RB - 10:39am This was a bit before I arrived.

4-6) RB - 11:36am RB pics from me

7) 12:39pm - This is a new one from RB. Team placed 9th doing the RB

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
I believe they are in aeroport now

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Just got the Ok from Peach to post these.

11:57am  Teams that placed 5th~7th at the mat at the same time

And these two pics shows who's 9th place for this leg. It's from team I saw doing RB when I was really leaving. It shows only the teammate not performing, but we can ID it as Team 10: Coral Tank Female & Black/Blue Shirt Male - she's wearing the same bandana.
First is from 12:43pm, and second one is 12:47pm including FF member, waiting for her teammate at RB.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
posted 7 hrs ago , no one picked up on it yet or are afraid to post? or told not to post? heh we'll see

Parque Trianon-MASP
https://goo.gl/maps/GufhGLxzxtM2

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not really a live sighting but found our Sao Paulo Trianon Park pitstop greeter as seen in Numfars mat photos above

https://www.instagram.com/thierymaciel/

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This may well prove to be nothing useful, but I can't tell for sure. I saw this tweet below from earlier today in Arabic that may be a sighting, apparently from Cairo. It seems improbable, but I figured I'd share it anyway and see what others think, since we seem to have lost them right now. The timing would be about right for a flight from Sao Paulo to Europe and then to Egypt.

Ahmed Saber ‏@Eng_Suppo  12h12 hours ago
هو The Amazing Race بيعدي في مصر؟!
لا بجد، أصل أجانب في خط جيزة شبرا بتاع المترو is so weird على عنيا
4:36 AM - 15 Jun 2016

which Bing translates as:

Is The Amazing Race cross into Egypt?!
No, seriously, the origin of foreigners in Metro line so angry is weird btaa shubra on Ania

Google comes up with:

Niala on hard, the origin of foreigners in brief Shubra line Btaa Almitroho The Amazing Race Abieda in Egypt ?!
is so weird

Though while cut and pasting, I get the English and Arabic words shifted around in Google while I'm copying them, so that probably alters the translation a bit.

A little googling finds that there is a Giza-Shubra line on the Cairo Metro system, so the sighting (if it is one) appears to have been there. I could see a team lost on the Cairo Metro being angry. I have a hard time believing that TAR would find Egypt to be a safe destination, so I wouldn't expect they would go there. I could be wrong though. I haven't heard of any recent trouble in Egypt, but I admit I don't follow the news from there closely. Most likely, the guy just saw some foreigners on the Cairo Metro and threw out a TAR reference while commenting on it.  If anyone here knows Arabic, a better translation might help. The guy's twitter feed has links to posts on his Facebook page, but the ones I looked at didn't seem to have anything to do with TAR. He appears to be an engineering student or maybe an engineer from what I can tell.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Panama Detour

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
From Candi Lee
yingyang.angel likes this
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGneM4-sEwS/

Same girl with phil early on in Panama

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
one more view <3 @fossil

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This may well prove to be nothing useful, but I can't tell for sure. I saw this tweet below from earlier today in Arabic that may be a sighting, apparently from Cairo. It seems improbable, but I figured I'd share it anyway and see what others think, since we seem to have lost them right now. The timing would be about right for a flight from Sao Paulo to Europe and then to Egypt.

Ahmed Saber ‏@Eng_Suppo  12h12 hours ago
هو The Amazing Race بيعدي في مصر؟!
لا بجد، أصل أجانب في خط جيزة شبرا بتاع المترو is so weird على عنيا
4:36 AM - 15 Jun 2016

which Bing translates as:

Is The Amazing Race cross into Egypt?!
No, seriously, the origin of foreigners in Metro line so angry is weird btaa shubra on Ania

Google comes up with:

Niala on hard, the origin of foreigners in brief Shubra line Btaa Almitroho The Amazing Race Abieda in Egypt ?!
is so weird

Though while cut and pasting, I get the English and Arabic words shifted around in Google while I'm copying them, so that probably alters the translation a bit.

A little googling finds that there is a Giza-Shubra line on the Cairo Metro system, so the sighting (if it is one) appears to have been there. I could see a team lost on the Cairo Metro being angry. I have a hard time believing that TAR would find Egypt to be a safe destination, so I wouldn't expect they would go there. I could be wrong though. I haven't heard of any recent trouble in Egypt, but I admit I don't follow the news from there closely. Most likely, the guy just saw some foreigners on the Cairo Metro and threw out a TAR reference while commenting on it.  If anyone here knows Arabic, a better translation might help. The guy's twitter feed has links to posts on his Facebook page, but the ones I looked at didn't seem to have anything to do with TAR. He appears to be an engineering student or maybe an engineer from what I can tell.

Had a nice convo with Ahmed, who was very helpful.

Here is the gist of the conversation:

Sighting:
Who did you see?
They were 3

2 women and an old man with gray hair

Not to old

But older than the 2 ladies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where were they?

They were on the metro

They got of in a station called el sadat (Later described as a Square)

They spoke english

I'm guessing European not American English
Like UK , Ireland, Welsh. IDK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What made you think "Amazing Race"? Were there cameras? What did they say or do that made you think race?

.They held a paper

A kind of instruction paper

And on it was the logo

The amazing race

I could distinct it as i was a big fan of the show once bofore

And you don't see tourists this deep in the country frequently

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were there cameras? Backpacks?

No cameras whatsoever

I do think they were contestants

There was only one backpack

But it was more like a bag

A back bag

Small and half full

~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty much it... 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Piorororo ‏@pioro101 2m2 minutes ago

Amazing race?

https://twitter.com/pioro101/status/743755697498660864

Can anyone find out where this guy is??

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Piorororo ‏@pioro101 2m2 minutes ago

Amazing race?

https://twitter.com/pioro101/status/743755697498660864

Can anyone find out where this guy is??

not us it look like it is set up as local race
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:38:47 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

not us it look like it is set up as local race

Seems that way :(

Reply: It was done at my school I think it's an unofficial race box like they just made it