Author Topic: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 301307 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #475 on: June 27, 2016, 09:13:27 AM »
TAR29 most likely might host two Vietnam legs.

As for penultimate legs, Japan/South Korea/Taiwan (China & HK not counted as they visited on last two seasons) would be the highest possibilities as East Asia provide multiple flights back to US which is convenience for them. In fact South Korea and Taiwan last visit was 17 and 19 respectively which both deserved for another visit, and for Japan the TARUS have the pattern to visit there every 3 interval season and the last visit was 26 which fitted the pattern for another visit. lol

Penultimate legs in SEA was less possible because it would need to go west again (except Philippines, but then it get visited on 25.), and they would need to connect East Asia airport in order back to US. (See 25 as they connect Tokyo Narita airport back to LA).

In fact, there are a dozen of penultimate Asian legs. The last three seasons had East Asia visits, Japan is totally overused that it was last visited in TAR 26. We should get an Oceania penultimate leg (probably Australia) the first time since TAR 11. Australia last visit was TAR 18 and hasn't visited since that should be taking a winter Australia leg.

Seasons without East Asia visit: TAR 3, 5, 7, 13, 22 and 25.

Overall of regional Asia visits

West Asia (Middle East): TAR 5, 9, 10, 15, 17, 23 and 28
South Asia (Indian subcontinent): TAR 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24 and 27
Central Asia (former Asian Soviet republics): TAR 13
North Asia (Siberia): TAR 14
Southeast Asia: TAR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 28
East Asia: TAR 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27 and 28
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:07:50 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #476 on: June 27, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »
Wonav.com, a business that provides panoramas to promote businesses, has helped Google create a crude streetview for some of the streets of Hanoi; thanks to Brina, the bamboo shop can be placed here.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2016, 09:34:19 AM »
Any chance 2 legs were in Greece ? as in Corinth ( Peloponnese, Greece ) throwback Zulu Bungy  :waves: ??

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #478 on: June 27, 2016, 09:39:17 AM »
A second leg in Vietnam is highly possible

South Korea is most likely the choice for penultimate leg then  :ascared

I really do not think there is a chance for Australia / New Zealand to be visited
If they want to make this race a 6-continent route, the most possible choice would be Guam or Fiji

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #479 on: June 27, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »
 :spy: love ya Phil

Offline habsfan909

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #480 on: June 27, 2016, 10:11:50 AM »
The only flaw to this season is no new countries, but visiting countries barely visited sort of makes up for it

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: June 27, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »
some filming in Hanoi at QUAN SU TEMPLE (speculation)  :spy:
VIETNAM - QUAN SU TEMPLE - HANOI
Quan Su Temple is a Buddhist temple located at 73 Quan Su Street, Hanoi, Vietnam. The temple is the headquarters of the Buddhist Sangha of Vietnam. Constructed in the 15th century along with a small house for visiting Buddhist ambassadors, in 1934 it became the headquarters of the Tonkin Buddhist Association and today it is headquarters for the Vietnam Central Buddhist Congregation.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: June 27, 2016, 11:24:41 AM »
Spec
Leg 6 Elim Top 7-6
Leg 7 Non-elim Top 6
Leg 8 Elim?? Top 6-5

Leg 9 is either a non-elim or elim. It depends on whether they will bring back the final 4 non-elim on leg 10. (and last time was 23 if I remember correctly)
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #483 on: June 27, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »
Spec
Leg 6 Elim Top 7-6
Leg 7 Non-elim Top 6
Leg 8 Elim?? Top 6-5

Leg 9 is either a non-elim or elim. It depends on whether they will bring back the final 4 non-elim on leg 10. (and last time was 23 if I remember correctly)

season 25 leg 10.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #484 on: June 27, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »
Any chance 2 legs were in Greece ? as in Corinth ( Peloponnese, Greece ) throwback Zulu Bungy  :waves: ??
Could have been something else dates don't jive, I'll leave it here as speculation
ZULU BUNGY
June 23 at 4:46am ·
We would like to inform you that on this Saturday 25 of June Zulu Bungy is going to be closed because of a film production. Please choose an other date...

https://www.facebook.com/bungyjumpingzulu/?fref=nf

:2cents:

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #485 on: June 27, 2016, 12:28:20 PM »
The only flaw to this season is no new countries, but visiting countries barely visited sort of makes up for it

I wouldn't completely cross off no new countries yet! We still don't know where they went on leg 3, and if teams flew directly to Johannesburg from São Paulo a day trip to Lesotho or Swaziland is completely possible!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #486 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »
Yeah, and if Hanoi is leg 9, there's still one more country, still a chance to surprise us at the end with a new one.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #487 on: June 27, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
I don't care new or old, if the locations and tasks  within the country are fresh, it doesn't matter to me!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline habsfan909

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #488 on: June 27, 2016, 12:57:40 PM »
Peach good point. And that third leg could be KENYA!!!
There are still at least 2 chances for new countries.

third Leg:
Kenya would be so fresh and juicy like a coconut. A second Brazil leg would be dry and bland and boring like like... Season 8 :lala :lala A Tanzania leg in Serengeti would be soooo cool! Even somewhere else in South Africa (referring to the continent not country)

Penultimate Leg:::: Is a new South Pacific country possible for the penultimate leg??? Samoa or Palau would be cool. Or maybe even a new Australian area.

Final Leg:::::Hawaii or Seattle would be great, Portland San Diego or San Francisco would be good but Los Angeles would make me puke. Inland western USA would be interesting cause it has been barely visited. Alaska I doubt. This sounds near impossible but maybe the route can turn out like this:
Leg-9 Hanoi
Leg-10 Australia
Leg-11 Chile or Bolivia (Western South America!!)
Leg-12 East Coast Finish (New Orleans, Orlando, Atlanta, ETC.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #489 on: June 27, 2016, 01:48:44 PM »
If TAR stays to their "21 days", we need to be ready for a Finale date Friday or maybe +1-2.  They will want to miss the July 4 celebrations probably too.

So...can everyone start checking and researching locations? Pick the 10 best sites in a location, and then LOOK!

Look for unusual closures, or activity.

My guesses (total spec) would be SF, Portland, Seattle, and maybe even Chicago which is WAY overdue for a Finale!!

Have fun, this is a great way to get to know a city!

:didimiss:   :conf:

IF you find anything,  PM me please. No future leg locations should be posted.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2016, 01:50:20 PM »
TAR29 most likely might host two Vietnam legs.

As for penultimate legs, Japan/South Korea/Taiwan (China & HK not counted as they visited on last two seasons) would be the highest possibilities as East Asia provide multiple flights back to US which is convenience for them. In fact South Korea and Taiwan last visit was 17 and 19 respectively which both deserved for another visit, and for Japan the TARUS have the pattern to visit there every 3 interval season and the last visit was 26 which fitted the pattern for another visit. lol

Penultimate legs in SEA was less possible because it would need to go west again (except Philippines, but then it get visited on 25.), and they would need to connect East Asia airport in order back to US. (See 25 as they connect Tokyo Narita airport back to LA).

In fact, there are a dozen of penultimate Asian legs. The last three seasons had East Asia visits, Japan is totally overused that it was last visited in TAR 26. We should get an Oceania penultimate leg (probably Australia) the first time since TAR 11. Australia last visit was TAR 18 and hasn't visited since that should be taking a winter Australia leg.

Seasons without East Asia visit: TAR 3, 5, 7, 13, 22 and 25.

Overall of regional Asia visits

West Asia (Middle East): TAR 5, 9, 15, 17, 23 and 28
South Asia: TAR 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24 and 27
Central Asia (former Asian Soviet republics): TAR 13
North Asia (Siberia): TAR 14
Southeast Asia: TAR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 28
East Asia: TAR 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27 and 28

You forgot 10 also visit Middle East (Kuwait).
Yeah, I just realized the last season featured late Oceania visit was actually 11 which I thought it was 9 instead.

Also if they indeed to visit Oceania (which I don't think they might featured this season because of keeping the tight 21 days schedule), North Pacific (Micronesia) would most likely to get a visit as opposed of South Pacific (Aus/NZ/Polynesia/Melanesia) because moving between North Pacific and Asia is more convenience compare to moving between South Pacific and Asia (IIRC only HK/Seoul/Singapore served flights Fiji and Tokyo served flights to French Polynesia, most of South Pacific island would need to connect via Aus/NZ)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: June 27, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »
Did teams make a connection when heading Guam from HK in TAR 11?
They may consider doing a Guam penultimate again to make it 6-continent

2's and 4's and 9's oceania visit are also late, all featuring fewer than 5 teams

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: June 28, 2016, 03:18:47 AM »

2's and 4's and 9's oceania visit are also late, all featuring fewer than 5 teams
IIRC they fly to Guam from HK in TAR11 via connection on Tokyo airport, and they used Tokyo airport again leave Guam and head to Honolulu. Now other major Asian cities like Manila, Seoul & Taipei also join with Tokyo to provide non-stop flights between various North Pacific islands. (Well mainly to Guam, Palau, and Saipan Islands of Northern Mariana Islands)

Yeah all the pre-13 Oceania visit (2, 4, 5, 9, 11) was all featured in EASTWARDS route and all are no more than 5 teams while every Oceania visit since 13 was all featured in WESTWARDS route and all are no less than 8 teams.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #493 on: June 28, 2016, 06:54:40 AM »
most recent sighting #500steps

Ninh Binh, Vietnam

500 steps above the Mua Cave in Tam Coc.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: June 28, 2016, 07:16:35 AM »
Don't know but do you think this is TAR Mark on the boat?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #495 on: June 28, 2016, 07:32:01 AM »
Ninh Binh has a lot of tourist places and there are a lot of tourists. So I'm surprised that we have a little sighting of this leg.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #496 on: June 28, 2016, 09:21:48 AM »

IIRC they fly to Guam from HK in TAR11 via connection on Tokyo airport, and they used Tokyo airport again leave Guam and head to Honolulu. Now other major Asian cities like Manila, Seoul & Taipei also join with Tokyo to provide non-stop flights between various North Pacific islands. (Well mainly to Guam, Palau, and Saipan Islands of Northern Mariana Islands)

Yeah all the pre-13 Oceania visit (2, 4, 5, 9, 11) was all featured in EASTWARDS route and all are no more than 5 teams while every Oceania visit since 13 was all featured in WESTWARDS route and all are no less than 8 teams.

Very indeed a lot. Vietnam Airlines does have direct destinations to either Melbourne or Sydney from Ho Chi Minh City. In such ways, there is no direct flights from Hanoi to Australia.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:39:25 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #497 on: June 28, 2016, 12:42:51 PM »
update!
varsha.shen333@karl_usernametaken great photo! How many teams please?
karl_usernametaken Think 11 , 5 made it when I was leaving , my broken conversation with a Vietnamese man was 6 still to finish , lad with a prosthetic leg won
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:47:04 PM by Candi Lee »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #498 on: June 28, 2016, 12:46:18 PM »
update!
karl_usernametakenThink 11 , 5 made it when I was leaving , my broken conversation with a Vietnamese man was 6 still to finish , lad with a prosthetic leg won
That ^^^ I spec Leg 9 was non-elim and about 2 teams finished and 3 are left. Weird response honestly.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #499 on: June 28, 2016, 12:48:53 PM »
update!
karl_usernametakenThink 11 , 5 made it when I was leaving , my broken conversation with a Vietnamese man was 6 still to finish , lad with a prosthetic leg won
That ^^^ I spec Leg 9 was non-elim and about 2 teams finished and 3 are left. Weird response honestly.
I was thinking 4 teams so 5 is better but again its hearsay so .......