Author Topic: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 301317 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #425 on: June 25, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »
Athens is the birthplace of the Olympics No doubt they went for the obvious and had a sporting task, especially since that cluebox seen yesterday was at an ancient stadium.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: June 25, 2016, 03:33:18 PM »
Candi's finds are amazing! :o That was an awesome detective job done right. :wohoo: Kudos, Candi!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: June 25, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »
Candi's finds are amazing! :o That was an awesome detective job done right. :wohoo: Kudos, Candi!

are they wearing olympic/tags/numbers ?
there have to be more photos out there guys, that greeter kinda stands out like a sore thumb  :gnome
Its actually harder than you think :funny:
Loads of pics at the Acropolis rather than the outskirts of it.
#StillLooking
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: June 25, 2016, 03:41:54 PM »
Based on the spoilers of the Italian legs, I'm speculating that 2 elimination legs were held there, since 2 teams were not seen before the start of the Greek leg.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: June 25, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
Based on the spoilers of the Italian legs, I'm speculating that 2 elimination legs were held there, since 2 teams were not seen before the start of the Greek leg.

But leg 6 was a KOR. I mean a team could be eliminated but it's unlikely.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: June 25, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »

I don't believe that was confirmed.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: June 25, 2016, 07:26:42 PM »
The Facebook video is the water taxi place next to the airport; I wonder if the racers paid for it like a normal taxi.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2016, 09:35:03 PM »
help!!  :funny: ??? they are just departing athens?

xxxxxxx
4 hrs ·
American Airlines ,
Please take me home. After the flight from Athens to Philadelphia was delayed from 11:35 to 20:00 we were finally allowed to board the plane. They then told us that customs would not be there for us when we got there. We proceeded to sit on the plane for 2 hours. We were told to sit down and buckle up because we would be leaving shortly (the plan was to fly to EWK and go through customs then fly to PHL). We sat for another hour and 30 mins just to be told our flight was cancelled. I am now sitting in a non-moving line. It is 00:46. I just want to go home. Please send help. People are sleeping on the airport floor. There are crying, tired children, elderly stuck in wheelchairs, and dogs that just want out of their cages. I know you can do something about this. Please. Please do.

xxxxx
18 mins ·
Update: I finally got a new flight. I am finally going to be heading home. It's now 5:13. But, the amazing race cast (a show I've never seen) is on our plane... Cool, I guess. Idk other people seem to think it's cool.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2016, 09:38:11 PM »

xxxxxxx
4 hrs ·
American Airlines ,
Please take me home. After the flight from Athens to Philadelphia was delayed from 11:35 to 20:00 we were finally allowed to board the plane. They then told us that customs would not be there for us when we got there. We proceeded to sit on the plane for 2 hours. We were told to sit down and buckle up because we would be leaving shortly (the plan was to fly to EWK and go through customs then fly to PHL). We sat for another hour and 30 mins just to be told our flight was cancelled. I am now sitting in a non-moving line. It is 00:46. I just want to go home. Please send help. People are sleeping on the airport floor. There are crying, tired children, elderly stuck in wheelchairs, and dogs that just want out of their cages. I know you can do something about this. Please. Please do.

xxxxx
18 mins ·
Update: I finally got a new flight. I am finally going to be heading home. It's now 5:13. But, the amazing race cast (a show I've never seen) is on our plane... Cool, I guess. Idk other people seem to think it's cool.
First ? is is she actually going home :funny:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »

xxxxxxx
4 hrs ·
American Airlines ,

xxxxx
18 mins ·
First ? is is she actually going home :funny:
take it for what its worth  :grins: ..I am not a flight person !!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »
Well, if she is departing from Athens to Philadelphia, chances are she is going with the amazing race cast to the next location and transfer back to Philadelphia or she saw another show filming.
I wonder why people didn't snap pics.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: June 25, 2016, 09:50:14 PM »
Well, if she is departing from Athens to Philadelphia, chances are she is going with the amazing race cast to the next location and transfer back to Philadelphia or she saw another show filming.
I wonder why people didn't snap pics.
you guys are the flight people figure it out  :tantrum ! her account very private only know shes from outside Philly :\

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: June 25, 2016, 09:52:27 PM »

I don't believe that was confirmed.

Speculated at least, the timeline between the Lake Como and Venice sightings were pretty close.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #438 on: June 25, 2016, 09:56:39 PM »
Checking in flight stats there are flights to Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Munich, London, Rome, Paris and Istanbul. And that's only until 8.00am.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: June 25, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »
There's Oman, which is what they followed up Greece with after the first visit.

But that season went Italy, Italy, Greece, Oman. They probably won't repeat that much of the order.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #440 on: June 25, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »
Out of Rome they can go anywhere.... But the 3 most interesting non-Europe ones would be Tel-Aviv, Moscow, and Dubai.
Russia might be due for a visit.
And Dubai, I assume, would be a connection to anywhere in Asia/Oceania basically.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: June 25, 2016, 10:41:00 PM »
Israel would make a great new country for this version. No idea whether TPTB would consider it safe enough or not, though.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: June 25, 2016, 10:42:29 PM »
Bringing Peach's post over from the sightings thread:

Almost certainly on one of these (NOT AA codeshares though) and there was a direct fight for her at 11ish...  :groan:

Checking Rome next

There are these options available for the delayed poster:
From Athens via Rome to Philadelphia, 0555-0700 connecting to 1155-1555
From Athens via Amsterdam to Philadelphia, 0600-0830 connecting to 1045-1320
From Athens via Frankfurt to Philadelphia, 0610-0815 connecting to 1100-1355
From Athens via Munich to Philadelphia, 0610-0745 connecting to 1215-1515
All these have their second leg (from Europe to Philadelphia) on an American Airlines flight, although the first leg isn't.

From Rome, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and Munich they could probably be headed anywhere. Most likely Asia (but not the Middle East, those have more direct connections I think).

Offline TC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #443 on: June 25, 2016, 11:18:23 PM »
Bringing Peach's post over from the sightings thread:

Almost certainly on one of these (NOT AA codeshares though) and there was a direct fight for her at 11ish...  :groan:

Checking Rome next

There are these options available for the delayed poster:
From Athens via Rome to Philadelphia, 0555-0700 connecting to 1155-1555
From Athens via Amsterdam to Philadelphia, 0600-0830 connecting to 1045-1320
From Athens via Frankfurt to Philadelphia, 0610-0815 connecting to 1100-1355
From Athens via Munich to Philadelphia, 0610-0745 connecting to 1215-1515
All these have their second leg (from Europe to Philadelphia) on an American Airlines flight, although the first leg isn't.

From Rome, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and Munich they could probably be headed anywhere. Most likely Asia (but not the Middle East, those have more direct connections I think).

There is a Philly bound BA flight (AA One world partner) at 8am that goes to London, but that would make for a long trip if the goal was to ultimately head east, so we could possibly rule that flight out
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:33:04 PM by TC »

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #444 on: June 25, 2016, 11:20:34 PM »
Out of Rome they can go anywhere.... But the 3 most interesting non-Europe ones would be Tel-Aviv, Moscow, and Dubai.

the one interests me the most is Tel Aviv, but can TAR even travel to Israel?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: June 26, 2016, 12:44:28 AM »

the one interests me the most is Tel Aviv, but can TAR even travel to Israel?

Why would they go to Rome to go to Tel-Aviv, Moscow or Dubai? There are direct flights from Athens to all three cities. For me the fact that they didn't take a direct flight from Athens means that they are skipping the Middle East and as it is time to leave Europe and head to Asia, they are going further east, to India and beyond.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2016, 01:59:37 AM »
Basically they can go anywhere..  there are just too many options. I agree that moving farther afield is a strong possibility, but unless we see them connect somewhere or our poster shares more info, there is no way to know.

And TAR takes connections when they want to be somewhere by a certain time...where that is beyond me, lol.

Everyone needs to be watching for airport sightings.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #447 on: June 26, 2016, 02:45:34 AM »
I highly doubt a (and would definitely do not want them to) visit to the Philippines this time around (so late in the Race). But if they did, it would be hilariously chaotic if they go on Thursday the 30th as it's Inauguration Day in the Philippines.  lol  Though it might not be as big a party/hindrance as it would have been in previous inaugurations.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #448 on: June 26, 2016, 03:41:45 AM »
Based on Neobie's find re: the Athens to Zurich flight....

These destinations pop out at me as I scroll through the list of flights out of Zurich today:

Istanbul
Cairo
Tel Aviv

Abu Dhabi
Mumbai
Dehli

Shanghai
Hong Kong
Tokyo

eta: I think the second or third group is more likely, as traveling from Athens to Zurich to get to the first group seems inconsistent.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:48:21 AM by boston_jen »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #449 on: June 26, 2016, 03:53:18 AM »
Hey Jen!! :waves:

Yeah, there are better ways to go than thru Zurich. Plus we have an article suggesting VietNam at some point..could this be the long haul flight?

Time is getting short.... 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.