Author Topic: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 301335 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #400 on: June 24, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
Areopagus (Mars Hill) Athens also a possible location for filming if y'all want to help me look for evidence
This site has a nice pic and description! Might make a pretty PITSTOP!

Sunset at Areopagus Hill

Walking along the path from the Acropolis Museum leading toward Monastiraki you’ll see the Areopagus Hill, a rocky outcrop which has some wooden steps to allow you to climb to the top. From here you can get a great view of the Acropolis as well as over the whole city and it’s a favourite place to come at sunset as the city turns golden below you.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Areopagus
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #401 on: June 24, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »
There are so many countries being visited this season that haven't been visited in a while. (Panama, Brazil, Tanzania, and now Greece!) I'm hoping for more places, and hopefully, a visit to Australia!!!

That would be the icing on the cake, Australia hasn't been visited in 11 seasons now. The continent as a whole since TAR22

I just hope we don't get the usual overvisited countries in Asia :( Assuming this is Leg 8, they're probably headed there after this one.

Hopefully we will have Australia a lot that trying to attempt a 6-continent race visit as we don't want a 5-continent race again just like TAR26 and TAR27.

I do proper understand we certainly rule out China, India, Indonesia, Japan and Malaysia. The certain Asian countries that are need to visit: Cambodia and South Korea, assuming for a 2 legs, just like TAR7 and TAR22.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #402 on: June 24, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »
If they're in Greece now, I think the only possible flight to Australia is to get to Oman. That way, one Asian country and one Australia... but since we have 3 more legs left, there's no other way to get to Oceania. If Oman is next, chances are they'll be in Burma, Bangladesh, South Korea , Cambodia or even Vietnam!
 ???

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: June 24, 2016, 07:33:21 PM »
Chances for Australia or NZ seems so slim right now
I think we will get Cambodia / Vietnam / South Korea next
Maybe Kazahsthan?

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #404 on: June 24, 2016, 08:04:03 PM »
Maybe Kazahsthan?
Is Kazakhstan safe? ??? ???

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #405 on: June 24, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »
Maybe Kazahsthan?

As Borat would say: It's Very Nice!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
Maybe Kazahsthan?

Pretty sure it is, it's where they land astronauts returning from the space station. It got one visit in Season 13.

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #407 on: June 24, 2016, 10:07:12 PM »
Hmmm yeah that makes sense...... :waves:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: June 24, 2016, 11:13:28 PM »
There are so many countries being visited this season that haven't been visited in a while. (Panama, Brazil, Tanzania, and now Greece!) I'm hoping for more places, and hopefully, a visit to Australia!!!

That would be the icing on the cake, Australia hasn't been visited in 11 seasons now. The continent as a whole since TAR22

I just hope we don't get the usual overvisited countries in Asia :( Assuming this is Leg 8, they're probably headed there after this one.

Hopefully we will have Australia a lot that trying to attempt a 6-continent race visit as we don't want a 5-continent race again just like TAR26 and TAR27.

I do proper understand we certainly rule out China, India, Indonesia, Japan and Malaysia. The certain Asian countries that are need to visit: Cambodia and South Korea, assuming for a 2 legs, just like TAR7 and TAR22.

Imo, a 6-continent race is great, but a 5-continent one will do. It's better than a 3- or 4-continent race.

Also, we can't just rule out the countries you've mentioned. Most of us don't want them, but there's still a chance for them to be visited, which some of us hope they don't visit those places.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2016, 11:49:04 PM »

Imo, a 6-continent race is great, but a 5-continent one will do. It's better than a 3- or 4-continent race.

Also, we can't just rule out the countries you've mentioned. Most of us don't want them, but there's still a chance for them to be visited, which some of us hope they don't visit those places.

I have always dreamed that Oceania would be visited this season because it has been a long time and it's one of my favorite continents but it looks like a visit to Australia, New Zealand and any Pacific-island nation is dim at this time but we'll see. However, I wouldn't mind if they don't visit Oceania this season, I'd rather save the visit for a regular season. My spec is that it will be similar to the later legs of TAR 25: Europe then Asia 1 leg in 1 country and 2 legs in 1 country. We can't avoid them visiting those countries that are overvisited but who knows. Let's be optimistic, we've had many surprises in this season's route, I think there's more.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:55:35 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #410 on: June 24, 2016, 11:54:49 PM »
Let's be optimistic, we've had many surprises in this season's route, I think there's more.
Imagine they have another LA finish :funny: :funny: :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »
Let's be optimistic, we've had many surprises in this season's route, I think there's more.
Imagine they have another LA finish :funny: :funny: :funny:

I just hope not. They started in California what are the chances they'll finish there.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: June 25, 2016, 12:38:03 AM »
TAR asked for permission to film in archaelogical sites in Athens from 21 to 24 of June. Their local representative was a company called Boo productions.
So that means that the teams raced in Athens definitely in the 24th and today they should be departing from Athens.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)
« Reply #413 on: June 25, 2016, 05:38:35 AM »
Which airport is this? Athens?

That in Phil's hand is NZ passport  :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHErChQBlu7/

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2016, 11:30:22 AM »
I think teams may be released soon so teams can get an evening flight to arrive in Asia tomorrow. (If they're going to Asia)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: June 25, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
I guess it was the right time to return. From the sounds of it, Greece's economy has finally stabilized somewhat since last year (that's probably what they were waiting for). Hopefully now Brexit doesn't put them back in the hole :(

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »
Areopagus (Mars Hill) Athens also a possible location for filming if y'all want to help me look for evidence
If they went there, they should have been sighted by now. There are loads of tourists there.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2016, 12:00:32 PM »
Milan's airports have Baby Pit Stops too, which would make more sense on this season's itinerary.

Compare roof and lighting and signage at Milan Malpensa.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:36:34 PM by Neobie »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #419 on: June 25, 2016, 12:50:18 PM »
Candi never ceases to amaze me

I've looked at that particular spot hundreds of times yesterday. Surprised I found nothing but happy for Candi.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #420 on: June 25, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »
it was only posted 5hrs ago I'm #hastaggedout !!!!!!  :funny:
thanks for helping fossil  :luvya:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: June 25, 2016, 12:54:12 PM »
The Acropolis  :hearts:

But where's Phill?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »

I've looked at that particular spot hundreds of times yesterday. Surprised I found nothing but happy for Candi.

Same. Searched for "Acropolis" and "Parthenon" several times throughout the day.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: June 25, 2016, 01:11:14 PM »

Same. Searched for "Acropolis" and "Parthenon" several times throughout the day.
At least we tried :hoot: :cheer:

The Acropolis  :hearts:

But where's Phill?
Could it be the team was last and Phil had to comeback and film their checking in segment? :funny: or Phil waited for the team for so long that they had to bring him back to shoot the actual thing :funny:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »
are they wearing olympic/tags/numbers ?
there have to be more photos out there guys, that greeter kinda stands out like a sore thumb  :gnome