Author Topic: Hardest tar legs  (Read 38048 times)

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
Re: Hardest tar legs
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 05:08:54 PM »
IDK but to me the Israel and Poland legs from TARAUS 1 looked both physically and mentally exhausting.
Por ti volaré

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 08:05:52 PM »
How has no one mentioned Tar 29 leg 10. I honestly think that was the most physically demanding leg I've ever seen.
Yeah, I agree with you. Very hot and humid, bike transportation throughout most of the leg, physically demanding roadblock, a very tedious boat task (that might've been another roadblock if they didn't have an amputee running the leg), and climbing up the stairs of a mountain to the pit stop.

One of the hardest TAR legs in recent memory

Offline amazingracefan/-1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »
Nobody has mentioned leg 3 of TAR 20 yet. A very difficult detour with the watermelon pyramid or the near impossible harp challenge. The roadblock which was the bottle dance was pratically impossible for anyone without a flat head, followed by a lengthy and demanding sprint to the pit stop. This was the first leg a team (Rachel and Dave) finished without completing any challenges. (Penalty and express pass)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 06:41:56 AM »
Nobody has mentioned leg 3 of TAR 20 yet. A very difficult detour with the watermelon pyramid or the near impossible harp challenge. The roadblock which was the bottle dance was pratically impossible for anyone without a flat head, followed by a lengthy and demanding sprint to the pit stop. This was the first leg a team (Rachel and Dave) finished without completing any challenges. (Penalty and express pass)

Oh yeah that was super hard definitely one of the hardest
Swarm stupidity

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 07:24:46 PM »

Agree with this one. I finished that season a few months ago and was really surprised that that leg was so hard, especially since many of the immediate predecessor seasons seemed easy compared to "classic" TAR.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 11:08:11 PM »

I have. Check the first page.

Also, i agree with Paldog. Poland leg in TAR AUS was really tough.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2019, 12:38:23 PM »
TAR31 Croatia is definitely up there. It's very possible to be stuck at either detour challenge for 4 to 6 hours, and if you're working alone on the roadblock, another 2 hours perhaps.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2019, 01:14:51 AM »
No mention of Season 29, Leg 10?

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 01:21:44 PM »
TAR 17, Leg 6 (Russia)
honestly, many legs from TAR 18 would qualify but the elite Racers this season made it look easy!
TAR 20, Leg 3 (Paraguay)
TAR 21, Leg 4 (Bangladesh)
TAR 25, Leg 4 (Denmark)
TAR 29, Leg 10 (Vietnam)
TAR 31, Leg 9 (Croatia)

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2019, 08:37:04 AM »
I think special consideration should be given to 'keep on racing' legs that involve a lot more travel. Examples that come to mind are season 10 from Madagascar - Finland - Ukraine. All 1 leg! Or season 22 from Bora Bora to New Zealand to Bali. Sure you may be able to catch a few z's on the flights to places, but it's still a very brutal schedule and sleep deprivation has to play a big factor that we don't always account for.

I think some of the underrated hardest legs are the ones with excessive amounts of driving as well. Season 2, leg 11 comes to mind, where they drove the entire length of New Zealand. Or Season 4, leg 4, going all throughout France, with every route marker somewhere else in the country. Some tasks might be tough, but long self-driving sections I imagine would be toughest.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
If we count the finale leg, TAR30 finale leg would be the hardest finale leg of TARUS franchise, aalong with TAR12,  international franchise, TARA s5 finale leg. 

Also speaking of TARA s5, the penultimate leg of TARA5 would be the hardest of all TAR international franchise
what might have been

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 05:02:19 PM »
Pretty much anything out of TAR6, TAR 7 Leg 3, TAR 15 Leg 7, TAR 31 Leg 9
Wadsy

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2019, 08:40:08 PM »
TAR 21 leg 8 (Russian time zone RB, Dance detour)
TAR 24 leg 4 (traditional dance RB, both sides of detour) the only good leg in terrible season.
Many legs in Asia 5, Vietnam 4