Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 5 SHOW Discussion *spoilers*  (Read 103799 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR ISRAEL 5 SHOW Discussion *spoilers*
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2016, 10:27:41 PM »
What was up with Josie & Alex's cab on the way to the pit stop?

A Cambodian policeman yelled "Pull over!" to their driver. When J&A asked the policeman what was going on, he told them "Wait five minutes". The two ran off on foot before anything else could be learned. It looked like about five or six tuktuks had been pulled over.

For the record, the Pit Stop was less than a mile away from the coin-counting task. A Tuktuk wasn't even really necessary.

Show content
I am shocked that they survived that!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:26:03 AM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ivanw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »
Hi

Episode will begin airing in 15 minutes ..

Australia!  :trampb:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:09:55 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2016, 01:59:00 AM »
What is it that Josie & Alex sing in multiple episodes? Anybody know?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2016, 02:02:53 AM »
>Fly to Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
>Brighton Beach
  Given a key, find which of the many, many colourful beach houses it opens. This becomes the team's cabin. Then look among many items on the beach. Each has a sticker. If sticker does not match their cabin, place it by its matching cabin. If it does match their cabin, next clue.
>Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre
  Stay surfing on a standing wave for 2 min 50 sec, the same length as a Danny Sanderson song called "HaGalshan Sheli" (My Surfboard) Time is cumulative and doesn't restart after falling off. Each team member must do at least 1 minute of this. Holding onto tow rope (Held by partner)
>Royal Exhibition Building
  Team member rolls partner attached to giant wheel around the courtyard. 300m distance. 5 min time limit.
>Docklands Pier
  ...to be continued
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2016, 02:44:40 AM »
So, let me explain where these locations are:

Brighton Beach: Brighton Beach is located in the suburb of Brighton. Brighton is located 11km south of the city. Brighton Beach is famous for it's colourful bathing boxes, which in fact, are heritage-listed

Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre: This is the best aquatic centre in Melbourne. It is located in the suburb of Albert Park (which is famous for it's lake and it's Grand Prix course) which is 3km south of the city. This centre hosted the squash, diving swimming and table tennis events of the 2006 Commonwealth Games ( :colors)

Royal Exhibition Building: This building is a World Heritage site, located in Carlton, which is located 2km north of the city. This building used to host the Melbourne Museum, (before it moved to a site opposite.) It is now used as an exam hall for various schools an exhibition hall (very rarely) and hosts the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show.

Docklands Pier: This pier is located in Docklands, which is 2km west of the city. Even though I have been to the Docklands MANY times, I can't seem to figure out where this is located  ???

I hope all of this information help everyone who was unsure about Melbourne. If you are still unsure about these locations, PM me, or put it in this thread  :)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »
Admittedly, I knew this final 3 a couple weeks ago. Read some translated comments on their official Facebook page saying the boot order got out.

So where's the final leg? Still in Melbourne?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »
Admittedly, I knew this final 3 a couple weeks ago. Read some translated comments on their official Facebook page saying the boot order got out.

So where's the final leg? Still in Melbourne?

Hopefully!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2016, 06:10:08 PM »
One thing Israel's done differently from most other versions, and China also did this season, is not having the finish line in their home country. Which is kinda cool.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2016, 06:29:21 PM »
One thing Israel's done differently from most other versions, and China also did this season, is not having the finish line in their home country. Which is kinda cool.

I wish the American version did this! It's MUCH more exciting

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
When does the finale air? At least I'm assuming it's the finale since every other finale has been a single episode.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
When does the finale air? At least I'm assuming it's the finale since every other finale has been a single episode.

Monday. Their Facebook page is counting down the days

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2016, 05:49:50 PM »
Is there any more information on the Melbourne leg???

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2016, 10:47:13 PM »
Coming in a couple hours.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »
I think this was everything.

At the City Marina in Docklands teams had to wear a kangaroo costume and spring shoes, and from a collection of 20 pictures correctly choose which 12 are Australian. The judge would say how many were correct but not which.

At the Melbourne Museum, teams played a giant trivia board game, with the board being divided into the countries they visited. They roll the die to advance, and on each space they landed on they had to answer a question about that country's leg. If they got it wrong they had to do an extra task related to the leg (e.g. get a Romania question wrong and you have to eat a large plate of the stuff they ate at the Double-Battle). Between each country was a special space where they drew a card telling them to move their token to a specific country. The Australia leg questions were special, because instead of being questions about something from earlier in the day they were questions about previous seasons!

Teams were told to find the neighbor Charlene Robinson on Bourke Street (between Elizabeth Street and Swanston). They'd have to figure out this was referring to Kylie Minogue , but actually only one team went up to her knowing who she was. The others either were directed to her by a local or just went up to the most well-dressed out-of-place lady there. Kylie (I'm not sure if this was actually her or just an impersonator) then sang "Especially For You" to each team and gave them a tablet that played a special message from loved ones.

At the National Gallery, one team member had to hang upside down from a harness and spray paint a picture of their team while the other person pulled the ropes to move them up/down/left/right. After two stencil layers they'd switch places for the last stencil.

At Chez Dré one team member had to make and decorate a cake. But because this is HaMerotz LaMillion it was far more complicated than that. The baker had a screen covering their eyes so all they could see was a feed from a camera their teammate wore on their head, which meant they were essentially watching themselves from their teammate's perspective.

At Simonds Stadium, teams had to count the number of players running around the pitch. They would then use this number to find a seat with a clue envelope. If the number was correct, inside the envelope was the clue to the next location, but if the number was wrong they'd have to do a training exercise for a set amount of time before they could try again.

The pit stop was at Geelong Town Hall, and the greeter was the mayor who I think many of the Aussie readers are familiar with.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2016, 02:52:12 AM »
Wiki now updated with all the jazz

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2016, 03:27:58 AM »
Once again, I will explain these locations:

Melbourne Museum: This museum is located directly opposite the Royal Exhibition Building (see last post) It houses the largest collection of exhibits in the Southern Hemisphere, including the mounted hide of Phar Lap (Australia's second-best racehorse) This museum is located in the suburb of Carlton, which is located 2km north of the city.
Bourke Street: Great street, because it is named after me! It is one of Melbourne's most important streets and the 'shopping strip capital of Australia.' It hosts the famous Myer Christmas Windows (which r  :colors) and just an amazing street that I always like to walk on. This street is located in the centre of the CBD.
National Gallery of Victoria: This gallery hosts maybe some of the most famous paintings in the world, including the 'Weeping Woman' (which was stolen in August 1986 and found 2 weeks later) This museum is found in Southbank, which is 1km south of the city.
Chez Dre: Not sure what this is. I've never heard of it  ??? :umn:
Simonds Stadium: This stadium is located in Victoria's second-largest city of Geelong (which is 75km south-west of Melbourne) This sporting ground can be used for AFL (mainly) and/or cricket. It is the home ground of AFL team Geelong Cats and has a capacity of 27,000.

There we are, hope this helped!  :)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2016, 05:26:27 PM »
Congrats to Amit & Raz! The former btw has broken Dave O'Leary's record of oldest winner at 63.

And thus ends of the trio of simultaneous China/Canada/Israel this summer, it's been fun in the absence of TAR29 :) And now Asia's not far off!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:53 PM »
When was the Finale filmed?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2016, 09:58:52 PM »

Well, if Leg 12 was filmed on Decemeber 3-4, you would think December 5-6.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2016, 10:35:40 PM »

Well, if Leg 12 was filmed on Decemeber 3-4, you would think December 5-6.

HaMerotz LaMillion (used to) film the finales while the season was airing. However I'm pretty sure this season did what last season did and filmed the final city with the rest of the season, filming the results in Israel much later. I couldn't tell you when the finish line was filmed, though. (Sorry Peach :( )

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »
One way to find out. What day was the Melbourne Star (the ferris wheel) closed? Remember we found that notice well before filming got there. That was one of the final leg locations.

Edit: Found the post, December 4 their time. (It's somewhere in the TAR28 speculation thread but disappeared from the search for some reason after I posted this)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:10:21 AM by Maanca »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »
Wow, what an exciting finale! Lots of TAR fans got encountered down in Melbourne. They definitely deserved to win, because they never got scared and never hesitated at anything.

I have NO idea which beach the "Hello" task took place on. BourkieBoy? It's some big beach that isn't the one with the beach houses? I couldn't see any nearby street signs or businesses besides a random 7-11...

All I know is they took a yacht from the Docklands Pier to get there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2016, 08:27:13 PM »
One way to find out. What day was the Melbourne Star (the ferris wheel) closed? Remember we found that notice well before filming got there. That was one of the final leg locations.

Edit: Found the post, December 4 their time. (It's somewhere in the TAR28 speculation thread but disappeared from the search for some reason after I posted this)

http://www.melbournestar.com/

Melbourne Star will be CLOSED on Friday 4 December 2015 due to filming on the Star by a globally renowned adventure reality series who will be attempting an exciting and exclusive stunt.

But filming in Melb would not be the Finish...   ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
WEll, Leg 13 is in Australia and so maybe they did film in Melbourne. At least we know one location featured:
The Melbourne Stat.
Do we have any more locations?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2016, 08:52:23 PM »
WEll, Leg 13 is in Australia and so maybe they did film in Melbourne. At least we know one location featured:
The Melbourne Stat.
Do we have any more locations?

1. Docklands Pier
2. ?? Beach (It miiiight be St Kilda)
3. Federation Square
4. Melbourne Star
5. Hedgend Maze