Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 5 SHOW Discussion *spoilers*  (Read 103806 times)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR ISRAEL 5 SHOW Discussion *spoilers*
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »
wait did the schedules change? were episodes moved to Mondays & Tuesdays?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »

I'm confused, too. Is this leg already over? The placements are already filled in, but part 1 was only 2 days ago.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »

I'm confused, too. Is this leg already over? The placements are already filled in, but part 1 was only 2 days ago.

Since last week they have been airing the episodes on Mondays and Tuesdays, i don't know if this is something temporal or definitive. Leg 5 was only 2 episodes long, so yes, the leg is already over. Leg 6 begins next monday (11 July)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:33:08 PM by GonzaloChileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2016, 03:52:51 PM »
It seems to me that teams aren't even allowed to take time penalties on this version of the race. I wonder how this would go over on other versions? (cough Vietnam cough China cough)

Also, yet again there's no penalty for the Non-Elimination leg. That's just weird...

Noticing a pattern here that could possibly translate into a final memory challenge? Every leg has an impersonator of a famous figure.

2 - Neptune
3 - Galileo
4 - Dracula

Let's see if this continues.

There's none in Leg 5. TAR Israel is full of impersonators, so this is nothing new.

I have a cultural question. I've noticed that language in this show is never censored (I'm not talking about when they say English swear words, I mean they never censor Hebrew speech). Are there, like, no curse words in Hebrew?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:53:17 PM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2016, 01:13:52 PM »
Why didn't Josie participate in the salt lake task?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2016, 03:03:30 PM »
Where was Leg 6 located, there's nowhere to find information  :gaah:.

Also assuming there was a preview where will Leg 7 be, or has leg 6 not finished?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »

Josie has an allergy to iodine, which essentially means he can't go into salt water.

Also assuming there was a preview where will Leg 7 be, or has leg 6 not finished?

Leg 6 is not over yet. It takes place in the deserts of the Erongo region, and then in the city of Swakopmund. Do you guys still want me to do my quick little recaps here? Remember, I only update the wikis after legs are finished.

Wow, I have gotta say that Lee & Tal are the worst Jenga players I have ever seen. You don't take an edge piece out after the middle piece is already gone! That's basic physics!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »

Josie has an allergy to iodine, which essentially means he can't go into salt water.

Leg 6 is not over yet. It takes place in the deserts of the Erongo region, and then in the city of Swakopmund. Do you guys still want me to do my quick little recaps here? Remember, I only update the wikis after legs are finished.

Wow, I have gotta say that Lee & Tal are the worst Jenga players I have ever seen. You don't take an edge piece out after the middle piece is already gone! That's basic physics!

If you have time, I'd love them recaps they're really helpful  :luvya:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2016, 04:48:41 PM »
What does "גיסות" mean for Naomi & Hen? Translating only give me "troops". Are they in the Israeli army?

So far on Leg 6:
-Overnight journey to the Moon Valley in Erongo, to village of the Demara tribe.
--Ritual to join the tribe: dress in traditional clothes, dance with the locals, then drink something foul-tasting (not disclosed on the show what it is)
--Fill a bucket with water from the tribe's reservoir, then use two sticks to carry it 1.5km. Each team member holds a stick, pointing them backwards and crossing them to hold the bucket.
--Use sticks, grass and elephant dung to light a fire (TAR22 task) Adriano badly hurts his hands by failing this too many times
--Enter a field with 18 underground storage holes, used by locals to store food. Each team member reaches into one, where something disgusting is inside. It's a memory game, keep doing this until nine matches are made.
--Yield Vote (Another three-way tie between L/T, T/A and Y/Y)
-Drive to the Swakopmund Salt Company
--Step into the artificial pink lake and harvest salt from the lakebed to fill a 25kg bag.
--Load this bag of salt onto a cart that already has salt on it, making a total of 50kg, and haul it 1km to a salt pile.
--Dig for the next clue in this gigantic salt pile, at least 50 feet high (Clues are in camouflaged white boxes, but not buried more than a foot under the surface)
-Drive into Swakopmund, find the Namib High School
--FACE OFF: Play Jenga with large cardboard boxes. (Invented by a white man living in east Africa). Naomi & Hen lose.
--Yield Reveal
-Drive to Dune 7 (Which may or may not be the Matterhorn Sand Dune from TAR2)
...Next time

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »
What does "גיסות" mean for Naomi & Hen? Translating only give me "troops". Are they in the Israeli army?

So far on Leg 6:
-Overnight journey to the Moon Valley in Erongo, to village of the Demara tribe.
--Ritual to join the tribe: dress in traditional clothes, dance with the locals, then drink something foul-tasting (not disclosed on the show what it is)
--Fill a bucket with water from the tribe's reservoir, then use two sticks to carry it 1.5km. Each team member holds a stick, pointing them backwards and crossing them to hold the bucket.
--Use sticks, grass and elephant dung to light a fire (TAR22 task) Adriano badly hurts his hands by failing this too many times
--Enter a field with 18 underground storage holes, used by locals to store food. Each team member reaches into one, where something disgusting is inside. It's a memory game, keep doing this until nine matches are made.
--Yield Vote (Another three-way tie between L/T, T/A and Y/Y)
-Drive to the Swakopmund Salt Company
--Step into the artificial pink lake and harvest salt from the lakebed to fill a 25kg bag.
--Load this bag of salt onto a cart that already has salt on it, making a total of 50kg, and haul it 1km to a salt pile.
--Dig for the next clue in this gigantic salt pile, at least 50 feet high (Clues are in camouflaged white boxes, but not buried more than a foot under the surface)
-Drive into Swakopmund, find the Namib High School
--FACE OFF: Play Jenga with large cardboard boxes. (Invented by a white man living in east Africa). Naomi & Hen lose.
--Yield Reveal
-Drive to Dune 7 (Which may or may not be the Matterhorn Sand Dune from TAR2)
...Next time

Thank You  :<3

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2016, 11:37:06 PM »

Thanks! I thought it was something like that.

Yeah, I couldn't believe they did that. Ben & Ori were staring at them when it happened probably thinking "please tell me she is actually doing this". But the thing is, it happened more than once! Naomi & Chen did it too!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2016, 03:29:57 PM »
I have a cultural question. I've noticed that language in this show is never censored (I'm not talking about when they say English swear words, I mean they never censor Hebrew speech). Are there, like, no curse words in Hebrew?

Based on older episodes I can sort of answer this! Censoring has come up a few times in Season 3. The English cursing isn't, but a few times there's been a word in the subtitles that's mostly *** and a beeping. Of course I don't know what they said, so I couldn't tell you if racers don't cuss anymore or if it's just not censored.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2016, 09:08:46 PM »
Well, I'm really sad to see these two eliminated. They were so much fun to watch.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
So thrilled to see them going to a second African country next leg (Zanzibar!), the US never does this anymore.

Yeah I don't really count TAR27 Zambia/Zimbabwe since it was 2 legs in the same immediate vicinity :P

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »
Leg 7, part 1:

>Fly from Walvis Bay to Zanzibar (Yeah, no stop in Dar es Salaam)
  Teams provided vehicles with drivers for this leg.
>Seaweed Centre
  Work together to harvest the seaweed from 25 seaweed lines, making sure to replace the stakes at the ends of the lines in the proper spot.
  U-Turn Vote
>Sunset Bay Resort
  DETOUR
     Barmen: Copy of the drink-pouring task from TAR24 (and many other international versions). Differing from other versions of this task, however, is that teams are given no instructions. They can fill up the seven glasses any way they want to, so long as there is no mixing and minimal spillage.
    Waiter: One team member carries two serving trays with tropical drinks and fruit, standing up on the end of a paddleboard while their partner paddles them out to a boat with customers.
  U-TURN - Yael & Yosiel are U-Turned in a 3-2-1-1-1 vote. They finish their second task ahead of two of the teams who U-Turn them.
   Teams then take a mandatory break from the race (again...)
>Kichanga Lodge
  Teams become models and follow the instructions of a photographer to take beachside pictures. At the end, a snake is brought in to join them in the pictures. (a BIG snake). They have to keep smiling and posing in spite of the snake.
    Alex has a phobia, but Josie and Adriano are just as skittish. Ori is afraid the snake will bite his nipples.
>British School of Zanzibar
  ...to be continued

Ugh...These 'take a mandatory break' tasks are fine, but why do they always happen for two legs in a row??

Interestingly enough, not a single person says "Tanzania" in the entire episode, referring to Zanzibar as if it's its own country.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »
It's not much different from talking about Tahiti. Nobody ever talks about France.

I thought it was pretty odd, too, that they chose to have another break 'task' when in the previous leg - previous episode in fact - they did the same thing. I wonder if they're because of the show's sponsor.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2016, 11:28:18 PM »
I thought it was pretty odd, too, that they chose to have another break 'task' when in the previous leg - previous episode in fact - they did the same thing. I wonder if they're because of the show's sponsor.

They did the same thing in Season 3, when both legs of Cuba had a relaxing task :/

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2016, 07:43:43 AM »
Noticing a pattern here that could possibly translate into a final memory challenge? Every leg has an impersonator of a famous figure.

2 - Neptune
3 - Galileo
4 - Dracula

Let's see if this continues.

Don't forget Lady Chacha from Preliminaries 2 (a.k.a. Leg 1 Part 2) (that task when the participants have to bring stuffs to her for the next clue, candies or something).

Hmm... I'm not sure if it is, or am I seeing it wrong? But that will be interesting to see on the Final Task memory challenge though. :)
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2016, 01:46:26 AM »

And the schedule changes again, these last two weeks it's back to Tuesdays and Sundays.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2016, 04:16:58 AM »

And the schedule changes again, these last two weeks it's back to Tuesdays and Sundays.

at least they only rotate around those two schedules now
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2016, 09:20:25 PM »
REMINDER TO EVERYONE!!

THIS IS THE SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY!

THERE ARE TO BE NO FUTURE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE A SPOILER/SIGHTINGS THREAD!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE PEOPLE READING HERE THAT DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED PAST THE CURRENT EPISODE.

Discussion moved to the spoiler thread.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2016, 10:13:41 PM »
Episode 2 in Zanzibar!

>British School of Zanzibar
   Film a choreographed music video to Shakira's Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) (Best dancer award goes to Amit)

>Old Dispensary, Stone Town
   Receive a spice mix called 'al-Merotz'. One team member will smell the mixture to identify what's in it, while their partner tastes the 20 available spices to pick out the 8 used to make the mix. Once a replica of the spice mix is made, teams get the next clue.

>Darajani Market
   Food such as nuts and beans are sold to customers in 'cones' made of newspaper. Teams will find 80 cones here filled with nuts and/or beans. They will open the cone and eat whatever is inside, continuing on and on until they find the one single cone that has the next clue in it.
   This clue is printed on one of the newspapers making up the cone. It's a picture of Ron Shahar, and next to him is Arabic text that says "Where is Freddy?"
   (Unfortunately, many of the locals incorrectly translate this as 'Farid', an Arabic name, leading to much confusion)
   (Monada & Adriano miss the clue and end up eating ALL 80 cones)

>Birthplace of Freddy Mercury
  Hours of Operation, teams will begin the next task in the same order they arrive
  ...to be continued...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2016, 10:37:28 PM »
Oh yeah that's right, Freddie Mercury was born in Zanzibar. Please let the next task have an impersonator of him!  :funny:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:45:58 PM by Maanca »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2016, 06:24:05 PM »
A bit of an unexpected elimination this time. They were one of the season's strongest by average.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2016, 07:13:02 AM »
A bit of an unexpected elimination this time. They were one of the season's strongest by average.

Agreed. In my opinion, I hope they have an Unfinished Business-like season, so they can return and redeem themselves. (I have some of the teams as a candidate as well, hopefully the next few seasons can complete it up)

~ And the whole leg, honestly, was a total game changer. One of the best legs imo. The season itself is getting interesting. :D Can't wait to see what the next legs will give us, and Africa will never cease to amaze me after all <3
🇮🇱🇫🇷