Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 5 SHOW Discussion *spoilers*  (Read 103800 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR ISRAEL 5 SHOW Discussion *spoilers*
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10:05 PM »
I have no idea what people are saying, what's happening or where there going, it's in a completely foreign language that hasn't got a link to a romance or Germanic language  :funny:!

Yet there is something about it that I like that's I think are missing from the American Version, the tasks are amazing!  :luvya:

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 04:43:15 AM »
I have no idea what people are saying, ... it's in a completely foreign language that hasn't got a link to a romance or Germanic language  :funny:!
IMO, hebrew is a fun language to get into :)

- you can use simple tricks, e.g.
English "I am". If you flip the letters around and replace "m" with an "n" you get "ani"
English "no". If you replace the "n" with an "l", you get the hebrew "lo"

Take the wise "Yoda" from Star Wars. Hebrew "yodea" ("I know"). Now you do know why a Spielberg picked the name "Yoda" for the guy. And during watching season 4, you are now able to figure out, what the frustrated "yodati" means (sisters realize they have mistakenly put the wrong fuel in their car)

Words directly taken from or similar to German e.g. cremeschnitt (German "Kremschnitte") or knedela (German "Knödel")
Words similar to English e.g. afraid => afrid.

Of cause I have no grasp of the hebrew grammatical system. But - I optimistically assume :funny: -I kind of understand what people are saying. Kind of fun to play with hebrew :).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »
In Episode 4...

-Teams continue with the previously-described human statue task, while Dor & Sapir and Ben & Ori finish up the Detour.
  -Some teams are lucky enough to get all 10 Euros from a single tourist
  -Ben & Ori have the most difficult time finding a local to cooperate, putting them into last place.
-Teams are told to find the place where White Smoke appears, referring to the Piazza Porta Pia near the Vatican City
  -I'm not 100% sure, but I think Lee & Tal actually wandered into the Vatican City itself. Whoops?
-In a carbon copy of the basket-stacking task we've seen on plenty of international editions (Which, again, is not a bad thing - Israeli viewers have not seen this yet), one team member must make a stack of plastic baskets high enough to reach a bowl of Tiramisu hanging six metres above the ground. After succeeding, they are treated to Tiramisu and Italian Coffee before getting the next clue
  -Raz tries jumping for his Tiramisu, and ends up smashing his leg on the baskets.
  -Monada starts climbing but gets too scared, so Adriano has to do it instead.
  -Naomi & Hen arrive amongst the top three, but they continually fail the task, presumably due to their heavier weight. More and more teams pass them until they eventually finish the task all the way in last place.
-Teams are told to travel to Sant'Agnese in Agone, a church in Rome, but we don't see any teams arriving yet.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »
These 3-part episodes are confusing, I keep forgetting what day the week the Pit Stop part is  :funny:

~Goes to check the finishing order of the leg~
Oh right, that's next time.

At least it allows for more tasks, it would be impossible to cram all this into an hour like we're used to in the west!

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »
Episode 5 is up!
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 04:11:20 AM »
Oh my goodness, so far I found this season interesting (yup, with all those dynamics). I guess I'm rooting more into Alex & Josie (cheers!), but I constantly see if I can root others, because sometimes I fell in love with some teams. That fifth episode was a blast though, full of stuffs that made the Race more interesting, even surprising. (And the second leg was just that interesting, well done!)

Oh yes, do you guys have an idea about the English subtitles? I'm looking for it anywhere but I couldn't find it. (although I understand a little bit, perhaps I hope I can improve with this; because I'm also learning Hebrew atm), thanks before.
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 01:27:52 PM »
:welcome: to RFF tatasport!!  Glad you found us!!

I don't think we know of any subtitled episodes, if you find any please message me? Thanks so much!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 04:32:06 AM »
Oh yes, do you guys have an idea about the English subtitles? I'm looking for it anywhere but I couldn't find it. (although I understand a little bit, perhaps I hope I can improve with this; because I'm also learning Hebrew atm), thanks before.

Unfortunately, subtitles for international Races never ever seem to materialize. I can only remember two episodes that have ever done this.

Thankfully, HaMerotz LaMillion is already subtitled in Hebrew. So if there's something you need to know, you will be able to even though it will take a bit of effort.

I use this site to type out Hebrew characters with a lot of ease. It helps to try to learn which letters equal what in English, as the keyboard is mapped out in the same way. Just use it to type out the sentence you want to understand, then throw it into Google Translate.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 12:02:06 PM »
when is next episode

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
Episodes are Sunday and Tuesday.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 02:53:13 PM »
Episodes are Sunday and Tuesday.

That long

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2016, 07:28:55 AM »
omg I've been missing this show for so long ;__;
If there's anyone who's kind enough to PM me a link where I can watch. That'd be awesome since I'm geographically restricted from their website  :(  :luvya:
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 12:10:05 AM »
Hey guys, Reshet have left up the country restriction for their videos!  :cheer: :cheer: :yess:

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2016, 02:49:41 AM »
If you guys would like to watch the eps, you can click this http://mood.reshet.tv/shows-the-amazing-race/ (the official link from Reshet) ...... And yeshhh, finally I don't need to struggle for to search for proxies because this post above is right, they lift it xDD yay xD

Thank you Reshet, you're sooo kind <33 (oopsie for this)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:11:38 PM by georgiapeach »
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2016, 04:10:33 PM »
NO LINKS OR DISCUSSION ABOUT WHERE /HOW to watch EXCEPT for the show's own links is allowed. We have a thread for other link requests,

PLEASE USE THAT. Other links will be deleted. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2016, 04:49:50 PM »
Episode 6...

>Teams receive cars for this leg
>They must drive to a race track in Viterbo, where one team member drives a go-kart around the track for three laps. Their partner must change one of the kart's tires after laps one and two. The whole task must be done within 13 minutes.
>Teams drive to Via Cassia in Sutri, where they have to learn a flag dancing sequence. Similar to the TAR12 Detour. Amit struggles and gets frustrated, but eventually gets it.
>Ancient roman ampitheatre in Sutri...
FACE OFF!!! One team member from each competing team puts on a helmet that blinds them, and they enter the ring with a net. Following the verbal instructions of their partners, they must toss the net over their opponent to win the match. They also forfeit the match if they go outside the ring. First team to win two matches gets the next clue.

What is it with the Face Offs, where it's like..."We lost one match, darn that sucks let's try again. We lost two matches, THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE I CAN'T DO THIS!!"
  Naomi loses her first Face Off against Shon, and then when Raz wins another match against her, she decides she's going to give up completely and accept elimination. She says to Hen "I want to go home." After ONE AND A HALF LOSSES. She completely forfeits the match against Josie & Alex before finally getting the motivation to try again, whereupon she defeats Dor.

After the FACE OFF is the YIELD VOTE, and this is really interesting. As it stands, we have a THREE-WAY tie for who will get Yielded. Gali & Daniel, Dor & Sapir and Naomi & Hen each have two votes. The thing is that Dor & Sapir are still serving the penalty for losing the Face Off and haven't voted by the time the episode ends. If they don't break the tie by voting for one of the other two, then three teams will get Yielded at once. (I actually hope that happens...or better yet they vote for someone else and make it a FOUR WAY TIE!! Haha)

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 05:28:05 PM »
Ep 7 is up!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 09:41:40 PM »
No doubt about it, Dor & Sapir won't be around for long. It's only leg 3 and already they've been targeted twice and lost a Double-Battle.

A whole week now until the Pit Stop!  (:;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:45:43 PM by Maanca »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 04:39:21 PM »
Yup, we now have a 4-way tie for the Yield. Four teams are going to get Yielded at the end of this leg. Madness!!

>In the narrow streets of Sutri, teams take two baskets of laundry and enter the opposite-facing houses of the Capulets and the Montagues. Small and Medium articles of clothing belong to the Capulets, while Large and Extra Large belong to the Montagues. If one team member has the wrong family's clothes, they have to throw it across the narrow street to the opposite balcony for their partner to catch. Hanging all the clothes on the clothesline, teams have to look for "something". This ends up being an XXXL article of clothing.
>Giuseppe's Farm, Campagnano: Carry olives by hand up a small inclined path that is slick with olive oil. Carry up a total of 5kg of olives.
  >Josie takes a bad fall and thinks he's broken a rib (Probably just bruised)
>Piazza Navona, Rome: Teams are given a tablet with camera and told to become paparazzi. They have to figure out that the star they are looking for is Tom Baum from Season 4 (Tom & Uriel, 2nd place)
>Pincho Park, Rome: Yield reveal, hours of operation.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 11:35:59 PM »
Interesting Face Off, though a little unfair for the losers.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »
Okay, we really didn't need to see the graphic, uncensored shot of Raz projectile vomiting. Who wants to see that, honestly?!

But today, we learn that big strong men Adriano and Josie are frightened little mice. Their screams in the Dracula house were absolutely hysterical.

You can tell that the editors have a lot of fun with this show. Josie & Alex fall asleep on the taxi ride back to Bucharest, so the editors re-play audio from their frightening time at the Dracula task. Makes it look like they're dreaming about their traumatic event. I was in stitches.

And yet another tied Yield. Hmm...

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 07:07:55 AM »
this season has an absolute dynamite cast, and I love that each elimination is gonna be tragic by virtue of a cast whose weak links can classify as stars in a weaker season
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 02:06:52 AM »
Hey guys, Season 1 and 3, and ep11 is up. Make sure to check it out!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2016, 11:50:27 AM »
Noticing a pattern here that could possibly translate into a final memory challenge? Every leg has an impersonator of a famous figure.

2 - Neptune
3 - Galileo
4 - Dracula

Let's see if this continues.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:57:16 AM by Maanca »