Author Topic: CBS 2016 Upfronts-TAR Scheduling Discussion  (Read 25029 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: CBS 2016 Upfronts
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2016, 01:41:26 PM »

unless im missing something the fact its getting a mid season premier suggests only 1 season aka season 29 nothing on 30 so i wouldnt say we are on target for season 30

Oh you wouldn't? Well...I did!  :girly

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CBS 2016 Upfronts-TAR Scheduling Discussion
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
I really hope somthing on Sunday-Thiursdays fails so we (well TAR) can get it's slot and hopfully get better rattings.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2016, 05:24:30 PM »
I read some CBS's Facebook page comments and they didn't realize that there was TAR while they even knew other CBS shows. Even Madam Secretary and Survivor.

Also, would move of TAR to ABC be a good idea? I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:07:18 PM by TAR456 »
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »
I read some CBS's Facebook page comments and they didn't realize that there was TAR while they even knew other CBS shows. Even Madam Secretary and Survivor.

Also, would move of TAR to ABC be a good idea? I'm not sure.

Why the hell would it move to ABC? :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2016, 06:59:37 PM »
The odds of a move to ABC are less than a move to the CBS All-Access app online. (And CBS is programming new shows for that platform -- the new Star Trek series and the new spin off from The Good Wife, both to premiere in early 2017.

But I do take the scheduling as an admission that Friday nights with those multi-week pre-emptions in the fall and spring really weren't such a good idea. Any more than all the sports overruns on Sundays. In my mind best bet would be a post-Survivor Wednesday time slot; about the only thing CBS hasn't tried -- but twice -- in the past 15 plus years. And both times, it did help the ratings.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2016, 07:30:56 PM »
Season 25 was a great season but moving it on Fridays was a really bad move and it snowballed on the succeeding Seasons 26, 27 and 28. Are they trying to kill TAR? Putting TAR on Sundays were great and it delivered. Season 24 was a terrible season in all levels but it still had a decent amount of viewership. Take note TAR is a family show and most families would bond on Sundays at home. CBS, I hope you are reading this, we super TAR fans here are appalled by putting it on Fridays.  Bring it back on Sundays or after Survivor. The next seasons should reach to greater heights again. You'd have to be like TAR 5 or 12 where the viewership was at its highest. I don't want TAR ending up like American Idol. The fact that Season 28 had prominent social media figures with huge fan bases and still did not deliver is questionable and indicates something is wrong.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:50:14 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »
They really are trying to advertise a lot of the new CBS shows too. I saw a lot of ads for the upcoming new shows in the fall during the Survivor finale

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2016, 05:16:11 PM »
lol... are cbs crews drunk? :res:

well (really) bad decision but it etter than put it on FREAKING friday :res:
what might have been

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2016, 08:24:29 AM »
TAR has been all over the days of the week. I am surprised it hasn't moved to Saturday primetime yet. The problem affecting the show now isn't just a one-answer solution. Here's the frankness coming out: The racers have not been as competitive, the editing blatantly favors certain teams, sometimes the progress of other trailing teams skip or jump ahead during tasks (TAR28: firecracker torito, Colombian beach party Detour) or we viewers are unaware of the details of the tasks (just assemble an army knife, umm how?), the constant hours of operations - please stop, and the quality of TAR signage has shown obvious decline (makeshift Speed Bump signs).

I think TAR taking a break from the fall schedule can either prove to be a fantastic choice to improve the overall atmosphere and quality of the show IF production does it right, or falter a lot more if they are like, "Okay, let's take a nice vacation. We deserve it cuz we finished," and keep everything as it is.

My hopes for the airing dates: Early Spring (Late February) 2017, Wednesday after Survivor or whatever investigation drama CBS decides to air, or Sunday if Brain Dead is cancelled. Please be another TAR10-17 era!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2016, 08:38:43 AM »
In what universe would a show move to Saturday Primetime? :lol:

That's literally the most dead day of the year... no regular shows but sports air then.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »
What's on before survivor on a Wednesday? Though if it's after survivor that would hopefully give it a big boost!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
What's on before survivor on a Wednesday? Though if it's after survivor that would hopefully give it a big boost!
Local news or Wheel of Fortune :funny:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2016, 10:43:26 AM »
As per my previous post(s), I prefer the air date for TAR 29 will be winter (first week of January) 2017.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:47:32 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »
In what universe would a show move to Saturday Primetime? :lol:

That's literally the most dead day of the year... no regular shows but sports air then.
I remember CBS airing the leftover produced episodes of The McCarthys and Bad Teacher on Saturdays after the network said it was cancelled. :lol:

Yeah, probably not my best "in disbelief" statement.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2016, 06:57:07 AM »
TAR was tried on Saturdays over a decade ago on a cable channel. And then CBS tried airing TAR om Saturdays (TAR 5, IIRC) and changed its Saturday scheduling plans for TAR 6 when Viva Laughin proved to be an unmitigated ratings and creative disaster on Tuesdays.

TAR's original time slot (Wednesdays at 8pm) is now occupied by Survivor. But I wouldn't mind a Survivor-TAR scheduling block on Wednesdays.

One of the scheduling issues that arose with the Friday time slot were the multi-week pre-emptions that were necessary due to sporting and other events. That was also complicated by CBS unexpectedly picking up the new NFL Thursday night package for the first 8 weeks of the NFL season; this season, CBS takes the first eight weeks plus a week in December, and NBC takes the remainder on top of its Sunday night package. That also means CBS has been having to hold shows until the beginning of November.

I would look at the season starting at the same time as the other November series, by then CBS should be able to decide if any of their other series need to be pulled at the end of the CBS share of the Thursday Night Football package.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2016, 04:02:35 PM »
The show's ratings were falling downwards on Sundays. Why in the world would they put it back in a valuable timeslot? TAR is not as popular as it used to be. This happens to all aging shows.

Season 25 was a great season but moving it on Fridays was a really bad move and it snowballed on the succeeding Seasons 26, 27 and 28. Are they trying to kill TAR? Putting TAR on Sundays were great and it delivered. Season 24 was a terrible season in all levels but it still had a decent amount of viewership. Take note TAR is a family show and most families would bond on Sundays at home. CBS, I hope you are reading this, we super TAR fans here are appalled by putting it on Fridays.  Bring it back on Sundays or after Survivor. The next seasons should reach to greater heights again. You'd have to be like TAR 5 or 12 where the viewership was at its highest. I don't want TAR ending up like American Idol. The fact that Season 28 had prominent social media figures with huge fan bases and still did not deliver is questionable and indicates something is wrong.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »
TAR is already dead...it's on life-support at this point :)

TAR29 needs to be a TAR5 or TAR12 x5 otherwise TARUS is dead.

Lovin the Positivity!  :<3

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2016, 09:03:40 AM »
When CBS....wheeeeeen???  :tantrum

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:31:44 AM by docol »
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2017, 10:26:51 PM »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2017, 08:58:22 PM »
Wed at 9 would have been a lovely spot.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/02/02/cbs-adds-doubt-to-mid-season-schedule/

Unfortunately, the show itself cancelled after a mere low rated two episodes. Too bad it didn't replace TAR on the timeslot.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/doubt-canceled-two-episodes-cbs-pulled-criminal-minds-beyond-borders-replace-1201975118/

Incredibly idiotic idea to run the Criminal Minds' spinoff at the same day and immediately following the original. CBS should have just made a steady reality Wednesday block considering how much Survivor usually does and how steady Hunted is performing right now. Ugh. :res: