Author Topic: S32 Ep 14: "Not Going Down Without a Fight"  (Read 13979 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S32 Ep 14: "Not Going Down Without a Fight"
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 12:08:45 AM »
Only way I could see jury being bitter was if Cydney made it to the end.

The ponderosa video with Jason/Scot/Julia being so nasty to her.... :(

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2016, 04:54:15 AM »
I wouldn't reward Michele's game over Aubry's. Aubry played the best game, the most strategy involved. Michele was just saved one episode at a time, because she wasn't a threat until Tai voted her with his advantage. I really would have loved an Aubry win, because she has been stripped off his best ally twice in the game (unheard of), and she was still socially advancing to power without being too obvious to not be the target everybody wants to get out. Still a mystery for me how she made it to F3 (If I was Tai, I'd probs flip against her cause she was a huge threat). I really cannot understand what Michele did to win. I like her, but her winning over Aubry is really not what should have happened. That is my opinion.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2016, 05:58:44 AM »
You can play the best game but it's no good if the jury can't award it. Michele made the bonds with people who voted her, many of which aubry ignored as she only got deep with those in her alliance. Michele made them with everyone and had the best final tribal as well as removing the asshole who's reaction probably helped people make their decision to vote for her.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2016, 08:11:18 AM »
There was one delicious Probst quote that really stuck in my mind, describing the show really well!
"It is social politics in the jungle. And it's delicious."

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2016, 09:49:35 PM »
I agree with Stekay (as usual, BAE.)

This is a top 10 season in terms of all people actually PLAYING (one could argue Joe had some strategy lol), fantastic characters whether you liked some of them or not, and some incredible historic moments:
- Jennifer ear bug (ewwwwwww!!)
- Caleb's tearjerking evac, plus that heat-exhaust challenge
- Alecia in general being terrible but lol-worthy
- Aubry losing both of her closest allies and still making F3
- Tai's "No." to Scot on turning down the superidol
- The superidol concept in general and the paranoia ensuing that caused Debbie's elim
- all of Cydney's sassy moments, GOD BLESS HER.
- good locale with Cambodia with incredibly harsh conditions
- a savvy female social player standing atop at the end, narrowing the male-female winner gap to 18-13, not counting Sandra's second victory

Michele as a winner IMO probably falls in the 15th to 22nd range as being tough with immunities and great social game, but not being totally aware or in charge strategically.

I will say there is credit to a bitter jury - Scot/Jason can't reward the person who got them out, thus Aubry doesn't win. Plus Michele made bonds with those guys, Aubry didn't (which explains her fault in the end-game.) She played a little too much "chess" like Spencer, despite being emotional and polite to the camera. Clearly this is the case because even Debbie, who she exclaimed her sorrow for voting out, still voted for Michele.

Nick respected Aubry's game, but the others didn't feel a close connection at any point.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2016, 06:20:42 AM »
It seems that Aubry only really talked with her alliance, but Michelle talked with everyone. Thus Jason, Scot, and Julia had a better perspective and more information on Michele's game, which is one of the reasons she won. Aubry's game looked great to the viewer because of her elaborate confessionals (Oregon Trail <3), but her fellow player's didn't see them, therefore they couldn't appreciate her thought processes, making her seem neurotic. So while Aubry may appear to have played a better strategic game, Michele rightly won because she made sure that the jury understood her game as much as possible.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2016, 01:57:51 PM »
But why did they give Aubry an obvious winner's edit? Did they want us to feel disappointed with the outcome? Why ???
Even during the fire-making tie-breaker we had cuts to the jury with everyone supporting Aubry. I never doubted that she would win, and not only this last episode.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »
Aubry didn't have an obvious winner's edit, Michelle did. I picked her out in my edgic week 1 and bar a drop to 2nd in chances from weeks 3-4 I had Anna #1. Michele stood out like a sore thumb. Aubry screamed 4th place to me so I was surprised that she made it to the end.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2016, 03:48:49 PM »
What was winnerish about Michele's edit?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2016, 05:19:50 PM »
Her female empowerment episode after she flopped a challenge juxtaposed with Debbie's "a girl must win this game" was pretty much a clincher.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2016, 05:38:52 PM »
Her female empowerment episode after she flopped a challenge juxtaposed with Debbie's "a girl must win this game" was pretty much a clincher.
Yeah, Episode 6 solidified her victory.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2016, 10:13:08 PM »
But why did they give Aubry an obvious winner's edit? Did they want us to feel disappointed with the outcome? Why ???
Even during the fire-making tie-breaker we had cuts to the jury with everyone supporting Aubry. I never doubted that she would win, and not only this last episode.

Julia, Scot & Jason hate Cydney. That's why they supported Aubry. It didn't mean that they liked her. Aubry had a good edit because the producer loves her and wants her back for other seasons.