Author Topic: TAR Canada 4: SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers  (Read 125936 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 4: SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers
« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2016, 12:15:38 AM »
2 things on the new Kingston photos...

1. Twinnie U-Turn strategy by Emmett & Jillian! :o
2. The bear is the mascot of the Queen's University football team.

How was that the Twinnie U-Turn strategy? The pics look different...

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2016, 06:07:54 AM »
2 things on the new Kingston photos...

1. Twinnie U-Turn strategy by Emmett & Jillian! :o
2. The bear is the mascot of the Queen's University football team.

How was that the Twinnie U-Turn strategy? The pics look different...
Emmett & Jillian weren't using Natalie & Nadiya's strategy.  From what I could see, they were U-Turned themselves by one of the women's teams and U-Turned another team to save themselves.

Offline classy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2016, 06:52:05 AM »
^^^it looks like f/f gray pckpacks, uturnd e and j, and they then uturnd the other m/f team

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2016, 12:19:06 PM »
Right, right. Was tired last night. If it were that, their picture would be on the opposite sides  :funny:

Not surprising they'd be a target.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #404 on: May 29, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »
Montreal is a terrific choice for a final leg, to be honest, if you hope to see the final 3 order shaken up by teams getting lost  :funny:

Driving in Montreal is not for the faint of heart for many reasons. A maze of one-way streets and dead ends, construction zones and potholes ("Why Montrealers Have the Worst Road Rage in Canada")

From experience, this is true, it's the NYC of Canada for navigation. Kept getting turned around trying to get to the tunnel out of the city, and even driving around it is difficult.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: May 29, 2016, 07:45:31 PM »
If all the sightings are true (Mont-Royal, Little Italy and Old Montréal) then we will have an amazing finale leg!!

Bagel St-Viateur is a classic in the city!! I'm just really suprised there was no pictures of the racers because its such a big city, and in public space like that... kind of weird....

Plus I'm sure it will be better than season 2 Montreal leg, Which I think was not really representative of my city!! :P

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #406 on: May 30, 2016, 08:02:33 AM »
I couldn't agree more, and I can't wait to see it the way it should have been done in Season 2. That was a huge disappointment. I think it's one of the major reasons I suspected Montreal would be the finish line this year.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »
So Season 4 is premiering on June 28. Which is a bit earlier than previous seasons (Probably due to the Summer Olympics effect).

Season 3 premiered on July 08, 2015, with teams bios officially posted on June 19, 2015.

Considering this, can we assume they'll be doing the same next week, for Season 4 cast.
Also, Trying to remember if they did also reveal most or part of the route around that time, so we can maybe figure out the legs we are missing.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #408 on: May 30, 2016, 12:33:30 PM »
So Season 4 is premiering on June 28. Which is a bit earlier than previous seasons (Probably due to the Summer Olympics effect).

Season 3 premiered on July 08, 2015, with teams bios officially posted on June 19, 2015.

Considering this, can we assume they'll be doing the same next week, for Season 4 cast.
Also, Trying to remember if they did also reveal most or part of the route around that time, so we can maybe figure out the legs we are missing.

Last season, teams were announced in groups beginning that Monday (June 15 I think?) on CTV shows Etalk, Marilyn Denis & I think The Social.
They do not reveal the route, but we always check the number of episodes they announce in their media release.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #409 on: May 30, 2016, 12:42:33 PM »
Nah, they don't reveal the route, but last year they did a release at the end of June like "These are the regions we visited! Also, India"

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #410 on: May 30, 2016, 09:59:29 PM »
Just realized something no team has ever been eliminated in Quebec

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2016, 11:23:40 PM »
I just realized something myself.  With the teams now revealed and Frankie & Amy known to be a mother/daughter team, it looks like they've broken the record for longest-lasting mother/daughter team in any TAR version.  Nancy & Emily still hold the record in the U.S. version at F5, but Frankie & Amy, assuming they're really in the F4 (and they very well might be), are guaranteed to break the record for all versions, since they'll at least be at fourth place or higher.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:10:40 PM by Joberio »

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2016, 02:42:02 AM »
I just realized something myself.  With the teams now revealed and Frankie & Amy known to be a mother/daughter team, it looks like they've broken the record for longest-lasting mother/daughter in any TAR version.  Nancy & Emily still hold the record in the U.S. version at F5, but Frankie & Amy, assuming they're really in the F4 (and they very well might be), are guaranteed to break the record for all versions, since they'll at least be at fourth place or higher.
Marty & Hagan of US 28 has looked the most competitive mom/daughter since Nancy & Emily of S1, unfortunately they made a fatal mistake in leg 2, cost them a race

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2016, 05:22:12 AM »
I just realized something myself.  With the teams now revealed and Frankie & Amy known to be a mother/daughter team, it looks like they've broken the record for longest-lasting mother/daughter in any TAR version.  Nancy & Emily still hold the record in the U.S. version at F5, but Frankie & Amy, assuming they're really in the F4 (and they very well might be), are guaranteed to break the record for all versions, since they'll at least be at fourth place or higher.
Marty & Hagan of US 28 has looked the most competitive mom/daughter since Nancy & Emily of S1, unfortunately they made a fatal mistake in leg 2, cost them a race

Nope. Nancy & Emily still has the record as they reached F5 in the U.S. version. Deirdre & Hillary of TAR US 2 are the shortest mom/daughter competed in one single leg and eliminated at the end.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:25:34 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »

Nope. Nancy & Emily still has the record as they reached F5 in the U.S. version. Deidre & Hillary of TAR US 2 are the shortest mom/daughter competed in one single leg and eliminated at the end.
I know this.  Nancy & Emily will hold the record for the U.S. version.  But Frankie & Amy will hold the record for every version, not just the American version, since we know they're likely going to finish fourth or higher.

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #415 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:28 PM »
Do we no who the F3 are ? & thank you

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: June 21, 2016, 09:05:43 PM »
No, it will be a surprise.
Hopefully a strong end to a really strong cast
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: June 21, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »

RFF  doesn't reveal the F3 (so the finalists, winner and all that are still a surprise).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:04:42 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #418 on: June 22, 2016, 02:11:02 PM »
So am I right in concluding that Emmett does not only two Roadblocks in a row, but both are height RBs? (Jasper Skytram & Calgary Tower). Oh my. :groan:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #419 on: July 04, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
Not entirely sure whether this will be an 11 or 12 leg race. Unlike the US, TAR Canada is and always has been pretty hush on locations past the coming week (with the exception of last season when they immediately announced India).

12 legs would mean a whopping 4 Non-Eliminations, but there was still a bit of gap in time after Leg 8 Cuba.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #420 on: July 05, 2016, 08:04:22 PM »
Well, hmm, Leg 2's result tonight throws a big wrench into our timeline, heh

The team that was expected to be out comes 2nd place, and it's a NEL

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: July 05, 2016, 08:08:04 PM »
I'm not aware of a lot of spoilers boot-order wise but omg... does it seem like Stephané & Antoine get the boot next week over Anne & Tanya instead?

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #422 on: July 05, 2016, 08:11:27 PM »
Well, hmm, Leg 2's result tonight throws a big wrench into our timeline, heh

The team that was expected to be out comes 2nd place, and it's a NEL

Well not THAT much... we know from the BC leg that we have 7 cars = 7 teams left, which means that the 2 vietnam legs are both EL... I guess the info about leg 4 being NEL with Julie & Lowell being last was not good... maybe they were the last team safe...

So we don't know in what order S/A and T/A are out... I remember seeing a pic of 8 teams standing in line for something... but I was sure it was from Leg 3...

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: July 05, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »
I'm not aware of a lot of spoilers boot-order wise but omg... does it seem like Stephané & Antoine get the boot next week over Anne & Tanya instead?
I'm not so sure tbh. Stephane and Antoine have proved to be a strong team, and Anne and Tanya seem to be in trouble next leg due to an accident. And I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but the Father & Son are from Quebec and Vietnam was a former French colony, maybe French will be more beneficial to use than English next Leg?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #424 on: July 05, 2016, 10:16:10 PM »
I'm not so sure tbh. Stephane and Antoine have proved to be a strong team, and Anne and Tanya seem to be in trouble next leg due to an accident. And I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but the Father & Son are from Quebec and Vietnam was a former French colony, maybe French will be more beneficial to use than English next Leg?
Yeah, given Anne & Tanya's performance thus far, it won't surprise me if they go home before Stephane & Antonie.  But even if they do, Stephane & Antonio are almost definitely after them.

I'm just shocked at the leg-two NEL.  The only other version to do that was the only season of Ukraine's version.