Author Topic: TAR Canada 4 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 115726 times)

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
Veronique Aubry ‏@veveroa  2h hours ago
Ma journée: Ce midi vu #AmazingRace au vieux-port, cet après-midi @paparagilles sur Sherbrooke, ce soir #tweetaide
https://twitter.com/veveroa/status/735196044401741824

My day: At noon saw #AmazingRace at the old port... the rest of the tweet + pic are off topic

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I want to SAY a HUGE THANK YOU to the WHOLE RFF TEAM and each of you who contributed here!!

You all did an "AMAZING" job tracking this race and I am super proud of you all. 

:ghug:

Many of you spent countless hours tracking down clues, following leads and searching data and interpreting info,
to you :tu from us all for making this such a great season!  It takes a village!

The spoilers are not done, we still have some odds and ends from Saint Andrew and quite a bit from Sydney that I will try to update today.

And blogs and FB posts lag behind so do keep looking!

And stay tuned... TAR US is next up!!   :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Photo was taken on 19th of May, in Havana, Cuba. .

They were running past Plaza de Armas, and obviously had to get into one of the old cars and get to their next destination

Thanks to the photographer, we may be able to get a video clip!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline rb1516

• RFF Newbie
Ok, so here is what I know abou the Saint John leg of the race:

They started in the uptown core and were then seen at the Saint John City Market, however, they did not go in the market - it was closed.  There was a Hotels.com booth seen right in front of the city market.

There was teams later spotted near Crosby's Molasses Plant

There was a route marker seen at Moosehead Brewery - Canada's oldest independent brewery.  There was a tent with safety vests and goggles sitting outside the door to the bottleshop, where the beer is bottled.

It's possible that there was a detour and it was a choice between Moosehead or Crosbys - both well known in Canada, although this is just speculation on my part.

Offline DaveyCaper

• RFF Not So Newbie
Possible more information on the Cape Breton Leg..

I have been told by a friend >> Apparently, the Pit Stop was in the Louisbourg area near a cliff and the Men of the Deeps, a singing chorus of ex coal miners was present.  I am hoping to acquire a picture soon.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:24:24 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Found one complaint about the special event/movie shoot/mayonnaise commercial shoot on Mont Royal. Here's the FB post and pic of the sign:

William Van Woensel at Mont-Royal.
24 May at 18:00 · Montreal, QC ·
Why not put this at the *bottom* of the hill? Va te faire f**tre, voilà pourquoi!

Offline Hockeylova5

• RFF Not So Newbie
Possible more information on the Cape Breton Leg..

I have been told by a friend >>.  Apparently, the Pit Stop was in the Louisbourg area near a cliff and the Men of the Deeps, a singing chorus of ex coal miners was present.  I am hoping to acquire a picture soon.

My father said it could have been the nearby Lighthouse at the top of the hill. People that went there from the Disney Cruise couldn't go see it as it was blocked off.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:24:57 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks to plaidmoon:

gray ‏@grayshine  1h1 hour ago 

oh, so this past weekend, i think i saw some of the amazing race being filmed?

reply:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
More:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks for following up on that, Peach! For some reason, Twitter wouldn't let me contact him. That information and those pictures are great! More than I was expecting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Photo was taken on 19th of May, in Havana, Cuba. .

They were running past Plaza de Armas, and obviously had to get into one of the old cars and get to their next destination

Thanks to the photographer, we may be able to get a video clip!

Corrected Date & Time is 5/17 11:18 AM
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks to our new friend, Havana Video!

Additionally... "I saw another couple that day, about an hour later. They were on what looked like the same route, trying to get to the cars."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BIQVnejl5Gw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BIQVnejl5Gw</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We have a new Montreal Location!! credit to fossil for the find!!

It appears teams may have had to do a task involving Bagels.

They were seen around the corner from this FAMOUS BAGEL SHOP. Credit to WindsorSue

Follow the link above and take a virtual tour!

Slowhatch made us a nice Google MAP

Of interest , this is not far from the earlier sighting in Little Italy!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The Sunday 5/22 leg ( ? #)

ended at Minister's Island--

A protected historic site and former summer home of railroad baron Sir William Van Horne.

http://www.ministersisland.net/.

Or....maybe not?  No activity seen on island and by report, there may have been an "unexpected" cancellation.

So...where was the 5/22 MAT?

And where were teams until 5/24? Hanging at the Algonquin?  ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Canada 4 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*
« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2016, 09:44:50 AM »
FINAL3 are LIVE on TARCanada FB now!

It will be posted there later on...see what YOU think of the body language! :tup:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:52:58 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Canada 4 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*
« Reply #368 on: September 13, 2016, 12:23:24 PM »
As we get ready for the FINALE tonight:

BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SPENT HOURS AND DAYS SEARCHING FOR SIGHTINGS!!

WE HAD FUN!!

YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!! LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL!

:tu :tu :tu
RFF's Golden Rule: