Author Topic: Aspects of international TARs that you would like to see on TARUS  (Read 10401 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Aspects of international TARs that you would like to see on TARUS
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »
Liiiiike lbr the Salvage Pass as TARAus implemented it (1 hour lead or spare a team from elimination) wpuld never get implemented since everyone would choose the head start lol.

This ONLY works on legs that do not leave the country, and this has not happened yet. If Ross & Tarryn had chosen a 1-hour lead, it would have been meaningless because of the flight from Manila to New Delhi. Likewise, Daniel & Ryan DID take the 1-hour lead, and it was meaningless because of the flight from Moscow to Lisbon.

Compare this to the TAR Philippines version, where the team can choose to enter a bunching point (ie, hours of operation) one hour before all other teams.

My point is less "the benefit means little in many cases" and more "no one would voluntarily keep another team". If it's a strong team then of course they aren't going to spare them (Jon & Murray) and if it's a weak team then they have to think that that eats up an NEL (Lucy & Emilia)

If it was "save the last place team AND get a benefit" then I'd be interested (like use the Salvage Pass and it becomes an Express Pass or something).

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
Here are three things I would want from International versions to come to TAR

1. Have both the Yield and U-Turn co-exist: This one is self-explanatory, but the U-Turn feels so dry now. I want them to co-exist. Probably have a Yield on three legs and the U-Turn on three legs.

2. The Handicap: I think the Speed Bump is getting a bit stale. I haven't seen any of the TAR Norge's yet, but I like this twist. Having a team complete more of a task can actually benefit them, if they are good at it. Production can also save money with having this and not have an additional task that only one team has to complete.

3. Double-Length Finale Legs: I know they did this in Family Edition. I do think this should happen more often. I feel like they don't explore much of the cities they finish in to their full extent. The Chicago Finale of TAR 29 had so much potential, I think if this was double-length, they could have visited more famous things in the city. Visiting "The Bean," the Sears Tower etc. At least this one was better than eating deep dish. If they master this, they can do a whole finale in one state, like have the intermediate destination in Nashville (first-half), then their final destination city could be in Memphis (second-half). They can also do this in obscure big cities like go to Billings for the first half, then go to Missoula for the second half. I hope if they do this they don't go to Hawaii, or Alaska as the first half of the leg, then they are good to go.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 05:15:57 PM »
No, Yields went away for good reason and need to stay that way, and the Handicap made its appearance on S27 with the Texas boys both performing the laundry Roadblock.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 04:24:21 PM »
I'd definitely love a must-vote Yield/U-Turn like they have on HaMerotz. The problem with HaMerotz is that they have on pretty much every leg except the first one or two and the last two or three. Although since most legs nowadays don't have a detour, most of them are must-vote yields- and teams have to wait AT THE PITSTOP. Teams have gotten to the pitstop with other teams behind them and have been eliminated because of the yield.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 03:43:56 PM »
HaMerotz's Must-Vote Yields need to be changed before they migrate over (and just need to be changed in general). Putting them before the Pit Stop is a flawed idea. The reason is because of what happens when there's a tie in the vote. If Team A and Team B receive a tie in the votes and are both Yielded, and then Team A arrives at the Yield near the Pit Stop before Team B, well then they're automatically safe. They're going to be ahead of Team B.

Compare to the Yield in France on Season 3, which was located before TWO tasks before the Pit Stop. If that had been a tie, then it would have been more up in the air as to which of the two Yielded teams would fare worse.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 04:00:29 PM »
Don't see how that's flawed though.
It's the same as 2 teams receiving penalties, but the second one arriving while the first team is still waiting out theirs.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »
Yields went away for good reason and need to stay that way

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »
Don't see how that's flawed though.
It's the same as 2 teams receiving penalties, but the second one arriving while the first team is still waiting out theirs.

Because a Yield's not the same thing as a penalty. A Yield is a part of the game, but a penalty is a correction for a broken rule.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 12:39:26 AM »
I'm saying, I don't see how the scenario you described is flawed.
It's analogical to what happens when multiple teams receive penalties, so I'm talking about the result, which is the same, and not the cause. And you are saying the result is flawed.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 01:53:38 AM »
I'm saying, I don't see how the scenario you described is flawed.
It's analogical to what happens when multiple teams receive penalties, so I'm talking about the result, which is the same, and not the cause. And you are saying the result is flawed.

Kinda sorta agree with this. I mean in the premiere leg of TARCan 4 both Kelly & Kate and Anthony & Brandon took a 4 hour penalty from the roadblock, and it was up to them on how they perform in the leg to check in before one another. *spoiler* in the end Kelly & Kate beat Anthony & Brandon and they were eliminated, even though after the roadblock there was a ARI and one more roadblock.