The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Aspects of international TARs that you would like to see on TARUS

(1/7) > >>

dryedmangoez:
There's been a growing consensus that international TARs over the years have been much better than the TAR mothership in many aspects. 
For anyone that's seen even 1 international TAR franchise, what is something about them that you would like to see on TARUS or see TARUS emulate?

For example, TAR Australia's casting has been excellent.  All three TARAu casts easily top any recent TARUS cast. 

Platrium:

--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on April 20, 2016, 11:37:26 PM ---For example, TAR Australia's casting has been excellent.  All three TARAu casts easily top any recent TARUS cast.

--- End quote ---
The routes have been awesome too! :hrt: So are some of the tasks even though they have been recycled.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Salvage Pass in the US versions. :)

The voting Yields and U-turns could've gotten rid of some strong teams. :grins: I wouldn't mind seeing those too.

The handicap is something I'd like to see come out once in a while, as well as the MFE penalty. TAR US should do something to alternate the NEL penalties, like maybe have the NEL'd team pick one randomly from a jar? :lol:

The U-turns and Yields co-exisiting in international versions are great in my opinion. That's what I wanna see.

Better execution and the return of the intersection? I'd love to have it back in the US to be honest. :hoot:

Lastly, probably my main wish, I want to see the US versions have something like duels or double battles. Those are usually great, and they give some teams at the back some sort of equalizer in a way. :hearts:

stekay:
Snatch TARAus' casting directors and run.

dryedmangoez:

--- Quote from: SteKay on April 21, 2016, 03:14:44 AM ---Snatch TARAus' casting directors and run.

--- End quote ---
I've been saying this after TARAu1! lol

It's interesting how TARUS has wanted to force drama at times and use U-Turns to eliminate teams, but not brought over voting U-Turns/Yields.  That would certainly cause drama and if used correctly, can foster real competition.

Same with Double Battles/Duels/Face Offs.  If used correctly, they can be fun, push teams to be competitive and definitely bring about drama.  But they can also fail miserably like TAR Canada 3 and most (not all) of TARPH2's duels.

Really, all of the twists introduced and still used in international TARs are good when included on well-designed Legs.  But one of TARUS' big problems has been their simple, barebone Legs lately. 

And another thing TARUS can learn from the international TARs.  How is it possible that TARAu, TARC, TARA even TARPH can put together better, fuller, more exciting Legs with, at most, half of TARUS' budget?!

gamerfan09:
TARUS needs to just check our Design Challenge finalists legs for inspiration lol. A LOT of those are way better than what we get on the show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version