Author Topic: Teams Who Deserve A Second Chance  (Read 11804 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Teams Who Deserve A Second Chance
« on: April 20, 2016, 01:52:45 AM »
There were teams who have been eliminated memorably and unfairly, and some of them deserve to race again after a tragic finish.

One team who deserves a 2nd chance is Toni & Dallas. They ran a good race, even winning a leg. They lost the race in 4th when they lost their passports. They had the chance to win the race, but they just weren't lucky with their passports. I think they deserve a slot in Unfinished Business, but they weren't there.

Another team who had a memorable loss was Lena & Kristy. They arrived at the roadblock site in 3rd, not far behind the 1st 2 teams. Every team passed them just at that luck-based roadblock, they even refused to give up even after 10 hours of searching through hay bales, hoping that the leg was a NEL. This team truly deserves a 2nd chance.

For this last example… :hides
Dave & Connor from TAR22 ran a good race. They've been in the Top 3 for every single leg, but the ruptured Achilles caused them to stop racing. It's a good thing they were called back and were given a 2nd chance from their forced withdrawal during TAR22.

There are more teams who deserve a 2nd chance. Who do you think deserves a 2nd chance?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Teams Who Deserve A Second Chance
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 01:55:43 AM »
I'd like to add Zev & Justin for getting 1st in their last leg of TAR15. Just because of lost passports, they lost their 1st and the race. I'm glad they were given a 2nd chance in TAR18.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 06:05:26 AM »
Abbie and Ryan of TAR 21

actually they ran pretty good in retrospect season, but because the W-turn conspiracy between Jaymes/James, and Natalie/Nadiya they were (memorably) eliminated...

Margie and Luke TAR 14

(I'm talking their deserves on UB not all stars 2.)

they were such a inspiration. they suprisingly won the first leg, stumbled, won, stumbled again till gained spot to F3... actually they ran good on final leg but yeah... they deserves to have a second chance because they were examples of -determination and unwilling to give up- team
what might have been

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
I really think that Justin&Diana deserve a second chance. It does not mean that I like them but they ran the race almost perfectly. They could've won but their cab messed it all up.  :hides

Also, Jim&Misti and Kym&Alli!  :luvya:
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »
Oh yeah! :ascared Kym & Alli were the 1st ones on a fast forward. Who knew a team way behind them that could excel in that task challenge them and end up winning the fast forward?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »
ABBA. Ran on TWO fractured femurs.

Lost when their passports rode off with a STOLEN cab that production had told them to leave their bags in.

If any one ever "deserved" a second chance, James and Abba do.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »
ABBA. Ran on TWO fractured femurs.

Lost when their passports rode off with a STOLEN cab that production had told them to leave their bags in.

If any one ever "deserved" a second chance, James and Abba do.

:o :ascared
How unfortunate. :( Who knew…

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 03:19:21 PM »
TAR 25:

Kym and Alli
Misti and Jim

TAR 26:

Mike and Rochelle
Hayley and Blair

TAR 27:

Tiffany and Krista
Justin and Diana

TAR 28 (Should the following teams lose):

Brodie and Kurt
Burnie and Ashley
Scott and Blair

Two teams from TAR 29. 

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 03:51:26 AM »
I really think that Justin&Diana deserve a second chance. It does not mean that I like them but they ran the race almost perfectly. They could've won but their cab messed it all up.  :hides

TAR 27:
Justin and Diana

BIG FAT NO.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
TARA 5 Lisa and Nic. Eliminated on a starting line challenge. :furious:

I'd love to see them on TAR 31. Wicked smart and fun, they would be FUN to watch!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 04:30:07 PM »
James and Abba

Toni and Dallas

Lucas and Brittany

Lena and Kristy

Lisa and Nicole

SO many others...

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 10:10:52 PM »
If we’re just gonna go off of TAR 25 and beyond (not saying I necessarily want all these teams back, nor do all these teams have the ability to come back):

- Kym and Alli
- Adam and Bethany
- Aly and Steve
- Hayley and Blair
- Tanner and Josh
- Tiffany and Krista
- Scott and Blair
- Brodie and Kurt
- Burnie and Ashley
- Seth and Olive
- Vanck and Ashton
- Mike and Liz
- Becca and Floyd
- Matt and Redmond
- Trevor and Chris
- Lucas and Brittany
- Alex and Conor
- Kristi and Jen
- Henry and Evan

I think all of these teams can be said to have unfinished business

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 11:35:09 PM »
This "all-star" teams are eligible for post-TAR 24 teams up until the recently concluded season for TAR 31 even casting calls for 31st race would not be commenced in coming months:

• Keith & Whitney (TAR 25)
  • Kym & Alli (TAR 25)
  • Adam & Bethany (TAR 25)
  • Aly & Steve (TAR 26)
  • Tanner & Josh (TAR 27)
  • Justin & Diana (TAR 27)
  • Burnie & Ashley (TAR 28)
  • Logan & Sara (TAR 29; composite team)
  • Becca & Floyd (TAR 29)
  • Trevor & Chris (TAR 30)
  • Lucas & Brittany (TAR 30)

Unfortunately, Tiffany & Krista aren't been able to participate due to Tiffany's pregnancy.

Alternates:
  • Hayley & Blair (TAR 26; if they would be raced again as exes ala John Vito/Jill and Tim/Marie)
  • Denise & James Earl (TAR 27)
  • Jessica & Brittany (TAR 28)
  • Erin & Joslyn (TAR 28)
  • Brodie & Blair (TAR 28; composite team)
  • Seth & Olive (TAR 29)
  • Kristi & Jen (TAR 30)
  • Henry & Evan (TAR 30)

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 11:43:59 PM »
Don't understand how so many people called Jody unbalanced (rightfully so) and think it was a disgrace that they won, but think another unbalanced team in Lucas and Brittany should be in all stars or unfinished business tbh

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 01:08:56 AM »
TARA 5 Lisa and Nic. Eliminated on a starting line challenge. :furious:

I'd love to see them on TAR 31. Wicked smart and fun, they would be FUN to watch!

Yes! Agree to this.

But wait, are they qualified to apply? ???

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 03:13:53 AM »

TAR 27:
Justin and Diana

BIG FAT NO.

I know this was 2 years ago but YES. Justin and Diana DO NOT deserve a second chance. They were struggling at that adirondack chair challenge and Kelsey and Joey won fair and square.
Unfinished business is for teams who missed out on opportunities based on the circumstances. Like someone stealing someone else's cab, losing passports, getting lost because of a bad taxi, missing a flight/connecting flight, etc. NOT because a team struggled at a challenge.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 03:32:42 AM »
Don't understand how so many people called Jody unbalanced (rightfully so) and think it was a disgrace that they won, but think another unbalanced team in Lucas and Brittany should be in all stars or unfinished business tbh

Yeah because Lucas lost his passport? And it took him and Brittany a ridiculously long time to retrieve it? And they didn't even get a chance to run the leg before they were eliminated?
So they technically have unfinished business?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 06:56:05 AM »

Unfinished business is for teams who missed out on opportunities based on the circumstances. Like someone stealing someone else's cab, losing passports, getting lost because of a bad taxi, missing a flight/connecting flight, etc. NOT because a team struggled at a challenge.

I don't think the TPTB would agree with this statement. Historically second chances and AllStars  have come to popular or controversial or ratings driven teams OR sponsor chosen  teams (Season 24) as well as a few honest "second chancers". Their definition is different from ours. If it was strictly that no way Abba and James would have been passed over.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 08:40:38 AM »

I don't think the TPTB would agree with this statement. Historically second chances and AllStars  have come to popular or controversial or ratings driven teams OR sponsor chosen  teams (Season 24) as well as a few honest "second chancers". Their definition is different from ours. If it was strictly that no way Abba and James would have been passed over.

Point. IMO this isn't a TPTB personality but I feel that this is how the race should be, which I don't think I implied. I mean in s18 when they were (re)introducing the teams they brought out the hamartia that led to the teams' elimination. For instance, Kynt and Vyxsin having issues with their car in Italy and instead of dealing with it maturely they panicked and were fighting all the time. Upon that they weren't able to utilize the u-turn to their advantage. With a speed bump on their back, they couldn't keep up and they were recast on unfinished business.
This is just the way I feel teams should be recast.
But if it were in my hands, God Forbid Justin and Diana be recast for an unfinished business. I would go crazy.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »

Yeah because Lucas lost his passport? And it took him and Brittany a ridiculously long time to retrieve it? And they didn't even get a chance to run the leg before they were eliminated?
So they technically have unfinished business?

Unfinished business, maybe, though I still think CBS wouldn't take them for ratings purposes. All stars is an easy pass.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »
I know this was 2 years ago but YES. Justin and Diana DO NOT deserve a second chance. They were struggling at that adirondack chair challenge and Kelsey and Joey won fair and square.

Not particularly a fan of Justin and Diana, but I think you're misremembering how it went down. J&D (and the paparazzi) fell far behind because they didn't keep their taxi at the firehouse training task and had to take the randall's island bus (which, from experience, does not come very often) to Harlem to catch a cab. J&D's cabby at the firehouse task wanted $100(?) or something like that to stay and they didn't want to pay that much, paparazzi's cab just decided he didn't want to be there anymore and straight up left. They actually caught up to Kelsey and Joey at the chairs and were doing well, but Kelsey and Joey had a deserved time advantage, and finished first. The main reason that J&D lost was the cab situation.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 11:53:00 PM »

Not particularly a fan of Justin and Diana, but I think you're misremembering how it went down. J&D (and the paparazzi) fell far behind because they didn't keep their taxi at the firehouse training task and had to take the randall's island bus (which, from experience, does not come very often) to Harlem to catch a cab. J&D's cabby at the firehouse task wanted $100(?) or something like that to stay and they didn't want to pay that much, paparazzi's cab just decided he didn't want to be there anymore and straight up left. They actually caught up to Kelsey and Joey at the chairs and were doing well, but Kelsey and Joey had a deserved time advantage, and finished first. The main reason that J&D lost was the cab situation.

Jro, I felt like I was letting my distaste for JD to cloud my judgements, so I decided to rewatch a couple of episodes from TAR 27, here are some pointers:
--> A major part of why I felt that JD shouldn't be allowed to race again (for unfinished business) is because they won 7 out of the 12 legs, which IMO is unfair. The other teams who have won a majority of their races have WON. Nick and Starr, Meghan and Cheyne & Rachel and Dave have won 7, 8 legs even - in addition to this, they've won. When you win 8 legs out of 12 in a race it's like you've practically made the entire race your b*tch, so when I see a team win 7, I just go "Enough, that's it, you've pulled out way too many cookies out of this jar. No more for you." And with JD they would almost always come in 1st and then with their early lead they would win the forthcoming legs. In this way they won not 1, not 2, but 5 continuous legs. To give them a second chance just so that they could have another shot at leg 12 pisses me off. I guess that's why I was hellbent on not seeing them again and which is why Peach called me out for it.
Maybe I was wrong, but if their fanbase (?) wants them, they should return on an all stars edition. On their run in season 27, they won a trip for two to El Jadida (Morocco), Shanghai and Honolulu plus a reward of $31,873, a 1.5 hour long massage (courtesy FitBit), AND IN ADDITION TO THIS $5,000 EACH.
--> Another reason why I felt that they shouldn't race is because IMO there are some other teams who have massive debt to clear off. When you listen to Henry and Evan and see how astute they are, you find out that they are racing to clear off college loans and what not. Even though I didn't do my schooling in the States, I know that FAFSA can be a PAIN. Similarly Mark and Bopper ran an honest race so as to clear off their debt and give their families a better life - So to see these teams work hard to remove the burden off their parents' backs really makes me happy. Idk, that's just my internal preference that was clouding my judgements. Maybe it is my mistake that I assume that JD Don't suffer from any such financial indebtments, but if I had to give teams another shot at racing, it would definitely be those with loans to pay off. I'm doing my postgraduation at the moment, and the fees is crazy exorbitant. To cope up with this I work overtime at a professional job, and I keep doing odd jobs for people here and there so that I learn to be independent. Evan and Henry real struck me here, and if anybody truly wants another shot at the race, THEY DESERVE IT!!!

EDIT, Cause I'm petty and someone revived this thread: I still don't think they should go on unfinished business 2.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:03:04 AM by violetb1911 »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 02:17:40 PM »
James & Abba!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Gra1162

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 03:22:14 AM »
Teams for All stars 3 (seasons from 25-30 or 31 no 3rd chancers)
Kym and Ali (s25)
Adam and Bethany (s25)
Shelly and Nici (s25)(we needed a mother and daughter to be in all stars for a long time and  they never  did its :groan: i think its this is the time to do so) 
(skip s26)
Tiffany and Krista (s27)(Totally robbed by friking Justin and Diana)
Denise and James earl (s27) (I would rather have them then stupid Sheri and Coal there so whinney just ruined TAR 28 for me and totally should be eliminted in France 1 but don't get me wrong i have nothing agianst sheri but coal just makes me  :dick he whines a lot omg stop saying stuff about hights your mom did all of them for u stop acting like a big baby and do some work sheri did most of the stuff coal hates whitch are (hights,hards stuff and dancing) coal you're a dancer do something)
Brittany and Jessica (s28) (totally ruined tar 28 when the got elimnated  :dick they had so much protentioal totally ruined by erin and joyslyn 9so happy they got the boot next leg) trying to elimnate them even though in the interview they said they are trying to help though i think they are lying so they don't get as much hate the models could have won i am actally triggerd phil didn't do a non 100% need to bring them back)
Brunie and ashley (s28) (robbed by sheri and coal)
The boys and team fun (both in s29) (only desrving team in Tar 29 both robbed)
Skiers and Indy (both in s30) ( only desrving teams in Tar 30 both robbed)
Alternates
Lolo (s29)
mom and dad (s29)
liz and mike (s29)
ocean rescue (s30)
wellstrung (s30)
Paprazi (s27)
scott and bliar (s28)
Tanner and Josh (s27)
Tim and Tejay (s25)
and finnlay
Hayley and Bliar (s26)
(only memorble couple expet for began and Kurt however they hate each other so......)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:20 AM »
Reminder the only team that got robbed was Andrea and Luciana. If there was an international one I would put them on the list.