Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 9 "Salt That Sand" Bali, Indonesia (1)  (Read 19325 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Ep 9 "Salt That Sand" Bali, Indonesia (1)
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 11:48:25 AM »
Good job gamer!
So will there be more RBs this season than usual? ???

Season 21 had 14 roadblocks, so if there is two roadblocks in the finale it will tie it.
Also, does anyone know about the "Taken" sign seen in the roadblock Rachel is doing?

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 01:14:13 PM »
Usually the only time we see a "Taken" sign is...

Fast Forward? :o

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »
Usually the only time we see a "Taken" sign is...

Fast Forward? :o

It was a roadblock, but hopefully this season has a fast forward!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
Perhaps they have to choose workplaces/tools/something and may not switch or have them used by others, so the "taken" sign is placed?

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 09:31:13 PM »
From Cap 8 to 12 I've see that fruit arrangement from a previous season, but I can't remember which one  ??? Looks like they're featuring it again  :trampb:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »
From Cap 8 to 12 I've see that fruit arrangement from a previous season, but I can't remember which one  ??? Looks like they're featuring it again  :trampb:

It's called Gebogan, detour choice in season 22. But this season, they didn't make gebogan, just carry it to the temple

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2016, 11:38:41 PM »
The Amazing Race - Salt That Sand! (Preview)

Imagine you're in a foreign country with the most exotic customs on earth. Will the teams complete the scariest task ever, or will they chicken out? The Amazing Race airs Friday at 8/7c. Only CBS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jf-4zqhGrdc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jf-4zqhGrdc</a>

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 12:04:44 AM »

Looks like Sheri & Cole have to eat a bowl of Bakso each too for their Speed Bump :lol:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2016, 06:24:32 PM »
   A TIGHT RACE TO THE MAT IN BALI HAS TEAMS ROWING AND SWIMMIMG TO A BOAT FOR THE PIT STOP, WHERE LOSERS ARE ELIMINATED BY WALKING THE PLANK, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, APRIL 22
   “Salt That Sand!” (Bali) – In a tight race to the mat, teams row and swim to the Pit Stop located on a boat, where the losers walk the plank and are eliminated, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: Who will walk the plank in Bali? One more team is eliminated on #AmazingRace 8/7c, 4/22 @CBS http://bit.ly/1pcg0PN

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
WTF @ "Walking The Plank"? :lol:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 06:30:57 PM »
for real lol maybe the party boat?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 10:35:07 PM »
   A TIGHT RACE TO THE MAT IN BALI HAS TEAMS ROWING AND SWIMMIMG TO A BOAT FOR THE PIT STOP, WHERE LOSERS ARE ELIMINATED BY WALKING THE PLANK, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, APRIL 22
   “Salt That Sand!” (Bali) – In a tight race to the mat, teams row and swim to the Pit Stop located on a boat, where the losers walk the plank and are eliminated, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: Who will walk the plank in Bali? One more team is eliminated on #AmazingRace 8/7c, 4/22 @CBS http://bit.ly/1pcg0PN

I often use "walk the plank" to describe an elimination, so I'm glad this will be a literal walking the plank!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 11:27:47 PM »
May I suggest an alternative?
My searches on Bali salt making all point to the same spot: Kusamba, right across the street from Goa Lawah. So some spec:
ARM:Snakes/gebogan
SB:Bakso
Detour: Salt Maker vs. Chicken Taker
RB:Kites
Elimination is hard enough without the plank gimmick: seems a little humiliating to me.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 12:56:25 AM »
for real lol maybe the party boat?

The boat looks like Pinisi boat, an Indonesian sailing ship. But it's kinda weird because Pinisi boat originally comes from Makassar in South Sulawesi.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinisi

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »
My searches on Bali salt making all point to the same spot: Kusamba, right across the street from Goa Lawah. So some spec:
Elimination is hard enough without the plank gimmick: seems a little humiliating to me.

Exactly. Not to mention copycat of that what's its name Pirate Show. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 06:08:17 AM »

Problem is salt is clearly a roadblock.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 12:57:40 PM »
Yes at about 18 sec in the Preview from last week, Phil says "Rachel takes on a Grueling Roadblock".
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »
If we could read what was by this arrow, maybe we would know. Season preview cap1
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
If we could read what was by this arrow, maybe we would know. Season preview cap1

I think that the cap's not for this leg Peach, because the shirt Korey's wearing was different from the one he's wearing at 0:15 on the video Will posted here. ???
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 02:08:39 PM »
  clothes are different , probably Bali part 2 #cockadoodledoo

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 02:09:58 PM »

I think that the cap's not for this leg Peach, because the shirt Korey's wearing was different from the one he's wearing at 0:15 on the video Will posted here. ???
gmta lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 03:08:33 PM »
Good Job team!!  Still want to know what the arrow says lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »
Press pics are up. Gamerfan09 had it right: 2 RBs. :tup:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »
Press pics are up. Gamerfan09 had it right: 2 RBs. :tup:
:hoot:
and Kamineko got the Phinisi  :hearts: http://komodo-liveaboards.com/liveaboard-vessels/phinisi-bali.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2016, 04:28:49 PM »
Looks like whoever does the first cannot do the second.

Captions:

"Salt and Sand!"-- Sheri (left) and Cole (Right) came in last place in Dubai and must complete the speed bump challenge before they can move on, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- Kurt (left) and Brodie (right) balance the Balinese offering on their heads as they search to find the monks at Pura Enjung Galuh temple, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- Kurt (left) and Brodie (right) exchange their Balinese offerings for snakes that they will deliver to the monks at Tanah Lot, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- In the second half of the Route Marker, Cole (left) and Sheri (right) carry snakes in hopes of finding the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- At the Route Marker, Rachel bravely delivered a snake around her neck to the monks in order to get the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- At the start of the leg, Tyler gets nervous with the snake around his neck, but he must deliver it in order to get the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- At the Route Marker, Dana (left) and Matt (right) run to the monks in exchange for the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

Salt and Sand!"-- At the Route Marker, Dana (Right) and Matt (left) run through the Tanah Lot in exchange for the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

Salt and Sand!"-- At the Route Marker, Bernie (left) and Ashley (right) deliver snakes to the monks in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- In the Road Block, Kurt must fill buckets with seawater and turn it into salt, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- In the Road Block, Matt helps a Balinese salt farmer turn seawater into salt by sprinkling ocean water onto the sand, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- On the beach of the Road Block, Cole is determined to water his sand as fast as he can so he can move on to the next step, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

Salt and Sand!"-- At the Road Block, Tyler helps the Balinese salt farmer and takes endless trips from the water to his sand, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- Tyler is stronger than ever as he carries buckets full of seawater to sprinkle on the sand to make salt, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday April 22

Salt and Sand!"-- In the Road Block, Kurt must fill buckets with seawater and turn it into salt, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- Kurt is working to prove he is "worth his salt" in the Road Block as he takes the seawater to the sand plot, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"--During the Road Block, Kurt scrapes out two brine troughs in order to fill four bags with salt, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- In the second Road Block, Dana ties together a kite in order to find the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- In the second Road Block, Dana assembles a kite she must successfully fly in order to find the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- At the second Road Block, Zach assembled a kite by matching and tying lettered pegs at Pantai Mertasari, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- At the second Road Block, Zach assists a kite club build and successfully fly their kite before moving onto the Pit Stop, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- On the next Road Block, Korey builds a kite for a kite club competing in a local festival, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- Brodie works on his Road Block challenge at Pantai Mertasari and helps the kite club assemble a kite, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- During the Pit Stop, Zach (right) and Rachel (left) paddle out to Phinisi to meet Phil, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday April 22

"Salt and Sand!"-- Korey (left) and Tyler (right) paddle on an outrigger out to the Phinisi, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday April 22
RFF's Golden Rule: