Author Topic: Best Dancing Task  (Read 2578 times)

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
Best Dancing Task
« on: April 09, 2016, 06:30:51 AM »
There have been a lot of dancing tasks on the Race. Which one for you was the best?

For me, TAR 26's Japan Detour Dance comes to mind.
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Best Dancing Task
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 06:39:42 AM »
IDK if this is an opinion but I REALLY REALLY loved the TAR20 Indian Bollywood Roadblock :lol:

Most boring would be TAR26 (way too much time spent on it!) and TAR19's.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:44:33 AM »
TAR 13 Russian dance speedbump :lol: idk why but... Dandrew did it, it was :lol:

and don't forget TAR 23 Poland dance detour...
what might have been

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 06:45:52 AM »
IDK if this is an opinion but I REALLY REALLY loved the TAR20 Indian Bollywood Roadblock :lol:

Were teams not allowed to switch detours on TAR26 Leg 1?
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 07:03:45 AM »
IDK if the teams were prohibited to switching detour as it wasn't stated at starting line or clue.. and there's a W-turn... but what i thought is they might too exhausted to switching the detour didn't recognize that the 'sake' detour much easier than the dance detour... or the location was too far from each other
what might have been

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 07:40:46 AM »
And bamboo sticks dancing active route info task in Leg 5 of TAR 22

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 10:05:16 AM »
There are so many for me to remember. :lol: The one that naturally comes to my mind now is TAR28's. Some teams may have breezed through the task, but even Zach (leg winner) took some time to master the dance. It shuffled some placements, and it's dramatic in a way. It was also difficult for a task, yet nice to watch to TV. :)

My favorite part of the dance though: The roadblock performer owns the stage while performing. :colors

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »
Zev's Samba :lol:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 12:11:52 PM »
I always KNOW that TAR often does dancing tasks and there are all kinds of them, but lol do I not remember most of them...... :lol:
I think the most recent TAR28 dancign task is one of the most difficult ones the show's ever had + it was very mesmerizing to watch.
TAR26 comes to mind, but hell no to that Japan dance. The cabaret dance in Phuket was hilarious to watch, but I don't remember it being too difficult. The marinera dance in Peru (with Mike & Rochelle doing it) seemed rather difficult and I enjoyed it a lot!

Oh, yeah, I remember the cringeworthy samba from UB, too. :lol:

Were teams not allowed to switch detours on TAR26 Leg 1?
Too much time spent editing-wise.

Online RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 01:02:32 PM »
My favorite is the Shake Your Booty Detour in Burkina Faso (season 12). I loved how teams got creative as possible with their moves and sticks, especially Ron & Christina's when the cricket chirps SFX and confused/unimpressed locals came up. :funny: It is a nice change from a pre-choreographed dance.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 10:41:22 PM »
I like the Dancer Cryptic Clue in Panama from season 19. Very difficult and tricky and drive lots of team off the grid, without having teams doing the actual dance. :lol:

The Paraguay's Bottle Dance from 20 is also worth mentioned. And I really like the flamenco dancing so I might be biased to choose that task from 24 as my favourite. :lol:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 01:05:14 PM »
Whenever it comes to any dancing task, all I can think about is those poor dancers who have to do the dance over and over and over again as all the teams try it. XD
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »
I'll agree and say TAR12's Shake Your Booty because of how fun it was and TAR20's Bollywood Road Block because of the storylines going in and out of it.

TAR26's Phuket task was also interesting and fun for various reasons. lol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 08:22:57 AM »
Whenever it comes to any dancing task, all I can think about is those poor dancers who have to do the dance over and over and over again as all the teams try it. XD

I pity those dancing with Mark on TAR20's Bollywood roadblock. :lol: :(