Author Topic: TAR Vietnam Season 5 All-Star: SHOW Discussion  (Read 55004 times)

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
Re: TAR Vietnam Season 5 All-Star: SHOW Discussion
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »
So are all 4 previous winning teams there, or just those 2?

It'd be a cool task if they were all there, so each of the final 4 had to choose one.

Edit: Oh right. One of the teams IS one of the previous winners  :funny:
One and a half.  :funny:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2016, 11:34:56 AM »
Green team is OK. They are boring, though.
I don't like Pink team. Huong Giang is annoying even she is clever. Her yelling to Criss isn't fun to watch like Marie to Tim (exes team). And her fans are also annoying in FB.
I love Red team the most because I loved both of them back in 2013 season. However, I feel that their edit is for third place, like Purple team 2013 (Dung's team back then). No seeing them winning.

So my bet is on Green team.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2016, 09:24:40 PM »
I liked Lincoln & Tiến Đạt in their season with their teammates. This season, they team up as strangers so they're so awkawd together and it's uncomfortable to watch.

I don't like Hương Giang either. The production makes me not like them more because they focus too much on their love drama. They make people feel like they have a chance back together after the race even it's not true. However, they have done great job this season and delivered good strategies, so I don't mind if they win.

I like Red the most because I can feel the bond between them but I don't think that they can win based on their edit and what they've performed this season.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2016, 10:30:39 PM »
That was the most boring episode of The Amazing Race I have ever watched in my life. They really need to shorten these episodes back to 1 hour. With the show's lackluster budget, there's just not enough to fill all of that time, especially when we get down to less teams. And what's with this weird melodramatic editing with the super-sad music? I was falling asleep.

-How many haybales had to be carried and stacked?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2016, 12:40:59 AM »
-How many haybales had to be carried and stacked?

They had to make a haystack with 2m diameter and 2.5m height, I remember. I think all the teams had carried about 24, 25 haybales.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2016, 03:09:07 AM »
^
^
^

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2016, 03:14:35 AM »
LOL imagine Richie having to crawl through those tiny tunnels.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2016, 06:05:18 PM »
I wanted the tennis players to win in Season 2, and since the Red team is made of half of it I've been rooting for them. They're not particularly good (which I don't understand considering how his team dominated that season), so the only way I can picture them winning is if there's an equalizer of some sort at the beginning or Pink and Green make a grave mistake.

Is next week the finale?

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2016, 06:26:09 PM »
Based on their record, Red team is probably doomed to finish 3rd place, and it's either gonna be Pink (despite their negative edit, I'd kinda like them to win just to make history) or Green. They're pretty neck-and-neck.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »
I wanted the tennis players to win in Season 2, and since the Red team is made of half of it I've been rooting for them. They're not particularly good (which I don't understand considering how his team dominated that season), so the only way I can picture them winning is if there's an equalizer of some sort at the beginning or Pink and Green make a grave mistake.

Is next week the finale?

This season, the teams will depart 5 minutes after each others.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2016, 10:25:29 PM »
Imagine Erin (or Joslyn) having to crawl through those tiny tunnels. It's gonna be best freak out since Mika.  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »
Imagine Erin (or Joslyn) having to crawl through those tiny tunnels. It's gonna be best freak out since Mika.  :funny:

Can you say Flight Time & Big Easy?  :funny:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2016, 10:07:12 AM »
I've gone to the final show tonight and there are ome pictures.

Route Info

Roadblock

Detour

My clue  :funny:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
So boring final.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »
When I came to the stadium, there were 2 long lines of people were waiting to enter. Then, I came in and a girl from production team gave me a clue envelope, Sting and a fake sting tatoo.  :funny: I opened this envelope which was a Route Info with nothing inside. :funny: (They  just gave it for souvenir). There were 3 tasks, a live stream route task, a climbing roadblock and a detour between hoverboard and balance the bucket. The stadium was getting crowded and a lot of racer from this season and last seasons came, and a lot teen fans screaming like crazy.  At 8:30, the show began, Huy Khanh and Bang Di (3rd last season) were the host. I thought the final episode would broadcast for everyone at the stadium after that, but no, first, a lot of performance from singers (racers)   :funny:. Then, all about the sponsor aka Sting, the stupid representative couldn't seperate Pink team and Red team.  :funny:. And then fans asked racers questions, Green fans and Pink fans were so annoying and asked some stupid questions such as "Tien Dat, what do you feel when you raced with a handsome, manly man like Lincoln?" wtf. And finally the show began.  The final was pretty boring, they did the same tasks in HCMC in the final episode every freaking year. The audience could guess who was the winner because only Green showed up full team. (Huong Giang, Nhan Phuc Vinh and Thuy Dung were absent). Next season maybe Fan race or Fans vs. Celebrities again because Huy Khanh said he wished some fans at the stadium would compete next season.

I think this season is average, better than season 3 but still comes behind season 1, 2 and  4. If next year is a fans vs. celebrities season, I hoped fan teams would destroy celebrity teams like season 4 again.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:00:56 AM by Quốc Nghĩa »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »
Legs 8-9 and 10-11 had no change in placements. There's something wrong with the leg design if that happened  :funny:

Congratulations to Tien Dat and Lincoln, though :) They join Eric and Danielle as composite winners.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2016, 09:32:25 PM »
Well, that was a season.

>How many pictures with the human statues needed to be taken?
>Can someone explain to me the Drama Detour? Did it involve improvisation?
>Was there a time limit for the segway task?
>Was there a time limit for the climbing task?

I'm just assuming that none of the contestants changed their family names or hometowns since their last season. If you have information to disprove this, let me know.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2016, 10:11:57 PM »
Well, that was a season.

>How many pictures with the human statues needed to be taken? 10. But they had to include men, women, old people and children.
>Can someone explain to me the Drama Detour? Did it involve improvisation? They just re-play a comedic play to satisfy the judge. The judge will judge based on their own thought. Noone know why Red team had to do it 3 times when they were the only one who did everything right from the first try (except the attitude, based on the judge).
>Was there a time limit for the segway task? Yes. I will recheck or someone can give you that time limit.
>Was there a time limit for the climbing task? Yes.

I'm just assuming that none of the contestants changed their family names or hometowns since their last season. If you have information to disprove this, let me know. Vietnamese rarely change their name or hometowns. So No.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:28:10 PM by paradoxinee »

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2016, 10:19:22 PM »
Summary of 5 seasons

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5oWnzsDnjrw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5oWnzsDnjrw</a>

The production forgot Thuy Dung & Nhan Phuc Vinh made to the final twice, and Big Brother Minh Long & Son Viet eliminated 1st in season 3. :funny: They are too negligent from the tasks to the edit.  :groan:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2016, 10:38:40 PM »
By the way, TD & Lincoln now have the second-highest average placement of ALL-TIME across The Amazing Race (1.64), second only to Rovilson & Marc (1.42).

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2016, 02:10:52 AM »
I've heard that Criss Lai will team up with Nhat Anh and cast TARA.

I prefer Nhat Anh with Ngoc Anh than boring Cris Lai. 

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2016, 02:47:48 AM »

Maybe he will be better with English speaking show and having no one like Huong Giang yelling to him.

However, I hope TAR Asia will not reject fellow racers. I think Kent & Vyxsin was rejected once because they did not want experienced racers.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2016, 03:24:47 AM »
I like watching newbies, too. But if AXN want to get more attention and rating in Vietnam, maybe they will choose Nhat Anh & Criss Lai because they are quite likeable and have a lot of fans.

This season is underwhelmed but Youtube viewer is really high, maybe because of All-star.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:32:51 AM by Quốc Nghĩa »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »

Maybe he will be better with English speaking show and having no one like Huong Giang yelling to him.

However, I hope TAR Asia will not reject fellow racers. I think Kent & Vyxsin was rejected once because they did not want experienced racers.

Kent & Vyxsin are not Asians  :funny:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2016, 07:58:08 AM »

Kent & Vyxsin are not Asians  :funny:

But they did apply for TARA 3.