Author Topic: TAR Vietnam Season 5 All-Star: SHOW Discussion  (Read 55017 times)

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
Re: TAR Vietnam Season 5 All-Star: SHOW Discussion
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2016, 10:06:35 PM »
One more thing that I forgot to say, the judge at the kite detour lives next to my parent's house.  :funny: He's an artist and a teacher of Hue College of Arts.

Offline quangdutran

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »
How did I not know about this thread before.  :colors Love that Tuồng Detour. Anyone notice GeorgiaPeach's post about a Vietnamese guy in the crew died in the US?? Poor him :(
@Quốc Nghĩa: Nghĩa đại ca nằm vùng trong này lâu nhỉ haha

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2016, 03:32:18 PM »
By the way, is everyone else noticing the heavy use of copyrighted music? There was Pirates of the Caribbean music at the starting line, plus during the congee task last week. This week, I heard music from one of the Batman movies.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »
Yeah I noticed that one song from Requiem for a Dream during this last episode. The French version did it a lot too, and HaMerotz LaMillion does it a bit. (Un)Licensed music is used a lot in non-US shows in general, at least of shows I've seen.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »
Yeah I noticed that one song from Requiem for a Dream during this last episode. The French version did it a lot too, and HaMerotz LaMillion does it a bit. (Un)Licensed music is used a lot in non-US shows in general, at least of shows I've seen.

In Seasons 15 & 17 they used Katy Perry for the intros to both Las Vegas & Los Angeles

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2016, 08:41:58 PM »
How did I not know about this thread before.  :colors Love that Tuồng Detour. Anyone notice GeorgiaPeach's post about a Vietnamese guy in the crew died in the US?? Poor him :(
@Quốc Nghĩa: Nghĩa đại ca nằm vùng trong này lâu nhỉ haha

:wel2  :conf:  :bigwelcome

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2016, 09:18:44 AM »
Excuse the interruption but I need some help?

A TAR filming crew arrived via HK to Saigon yesterday, perhaps on the United flight. Trying ti confirm this was TAR Canada.

Could you all PLEASE check social media and see if anyone has heard anything??

Would be much appreciated!!

If any of the other INTERNATIONAL versions could be possible, please PM me!! Thanks! Will use the Mystery sightings threads for now,

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27917.msg1163155.html#msg1163155
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline quangdutran

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2016, 07:03:40 PM »
Excuse the interruption but I need some help?

A TAR filming crew arrived via HK to Saigon yesterday, perhaps on the United flight. Trying ti confirm this was TAR Canada.

Could you all PLEASE check social media and see if anyone has heard anything??

Would be much appreciated!!

If any of the other INTERNATIONAL versions could be possible, please PM me!! Thanks! Will use the Mystery sightings threads for now,

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27917.msg1163155.html#msg1163155
This is what I heard from big brother canada fanpage:
The crew of TAR Canada will check Phước Ân Temple, Cái Bè, Tiền Giang today, maybe tomorrow we'll see the teams.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2016, 10:18:17 PM »
Hey everyone! Leg 6 is complete, and a bit of an unexpected elimination. I have some questions.

1. Did the Roadblock take place in Tuy Hoa, or a different city?
2. Was there a name for the martial arts/posing teams did in the Learn Detour? (It looked neat!)
3. Did we get a name for the lake for the Do Detour? (Is it perhaps the same lake with the big wood bridge?)
4. The beach with the last task, is it called "Ban" Beach?

I really liked seeing Phu Yen. I love the southeast Vietnamese coast. It's one of the worldwide places I'd like to visit for a vacation.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline quangdutran

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2016, 03:48:50 AM »
1. The Roadblock took place in Sông Cầu town.
2. I don't know if there is a name for that, monkey pose???   :grins:
3. It is not a lake, it is the side of Bình Bá river. And yes, the bridge where teams must deliver the duck is on this river.
4. It's Bàng, the G is missing.

Oh God, Phu Yen Beach is beautiful  :trampb: :trampb:

Offline doctor.nguyencaonhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2016, 12:24:51 PM »
Is the partner allowed to instruct the Roadblock performer some techniques for climbing the coconut trees? In The Amazing Race 27 Leg 3, Denise did the same thing (verbally instruct James Earl how to do the Roadblock) and they received a 30-minute penalty at the end of the leg.  ???

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
Is the partner allowed to instruct the Roadblock performer some techniques for climbing the coconut trees? In The Amazing Race 27 Leg 3, Denise did the same thing (verbally instruct James Earl how to do the Roadblock) and they received a 30-minute penalty at the end of the leg.  ???

Depends on what's written in the clue. The meat Roadblock was about attention to detail, but this one was just "Do this", so producers are probably fine with advice.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2016, 02:24:14 PM »

Depends on what's written in the clue. The meat Roadblock was about attention to detail, but this one was just "Do this", so producers are probably fine with advice.
Thanks

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2016, 10:53:06 PM »
Ep 6: Phú Yên

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f2yVo1Dg7iY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f2yVo1Dg7iY</a>

Ep 7 teaser: Đồng Nai, Vũng Tàu

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwDeltngZH4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwDeltngZH4</a>

Eating challange is back, they have to eat a giant bow of Pho same as 4 normal bows.  :funny:

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2016, 11:04:12 AM »
For me eating challenges are the worst challenges with no excitement at all. Such a waste of food!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »
TBH, U-turn was such a waste in this leg because there were too much tasks after that.
I hate Pink team more and more every leg.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2016, 12:01:31 PM »
Why?  ???

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2016, 12:12:08 PM »
Lack of money hasn't happened in any seasons of The Amazing Race U.S. before, I think! Hate it :(  :(  :(

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »
Lack of money hasn't happened in any seasons of The Amazing Race U.S. before, I think! Hate it :(  :(  :(

Watch the early seasons...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2016, 02:50:41 PM »
The international portion is coming up next week or the week after? :)

4 continents, 6 countries, it says

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2016, 06:11:38 PM »
The international portion is coming up next week or the week after? :)

4 continents, 6 countries, it says

Next week they are still in Vietnam. And no way they have gone to 6 countries lol Already final 5. Only if they have been in 5 other countries in one/two legs  :funny:

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2016, 08:18:14 PM »
TBH, U-turn was such a waste in this leg because there were too much tasks after that.
It's also occured in leg 5 of TAR Canada 3, this leg contained dramatic face off, dramatic U-turn and ended with ZHPS

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2016, 09:32:13 PM »
I think that's the way they should do. I always feel it's so unfair when they place U-turn last or before line near tasks. I like the way TARVN always gives teams a chance to survive U-Turns.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2016, 09:35:43 PM »
Episode 07 - Biên Hòa, Vũng Tàu

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8YW8MucY9SI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8YW8MucY9SI</a>

Next leg is in Côn Đảo, a great destination that I've never forget, I'm so excited. :luvya:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2016, 09:53:52 PM »
I think that's the way they should do. I always feel it's so unfair when they place U-turn last or before line near tasks. I like the way TARVN always gives teams a chance to survive U-Turns.

I'm OK with the fact that after U-turn there are some tasks for teams to overcome. But the tasks after U-turns require teams to wait in line made the Uturn so useless because waiting time was even more than the time Pink team needed to finish the other Detour. Pink team had to do another Detour and they finished the second RB after two times trying. Purple team finished the second RB after three times trying. So 1 time to try the RB of purple teams was even longer than Salt Detour of Pink team. And also, I can't get used with penalty time after every fail. OK, you have to wait in line if there are other teams but if there is no teams, you still have to wait @_@