Author Topic: TAR RENEWED FOR ANOTHER SEASON!  (Read 1909 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR RENEWED FOR ANOTHER SEASON!
« on: March 25, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/releases/view?id=44900

Important to note that the slightly misleading 2016-2017 Season announcement, that terminology refers to ongoing regular shows.

With TAR 's unique air times, we have had misuderstandings before.

I am pretty sure we have a ONE SEASON RENEWAL as has been CBS's practice in recent years.

But congrats all around!!  TAR 29 is a GO!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR RENEWED FOR ANOTHER SEASON!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:01:13 PM »
But then we never got official confirmation during TAR25/27 that 26 and 28 were a go? Surely we've made it to both seasons if Survivor is already planning 33 and 34 right now?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »
But then we never got official confirmation during TAR25/27 that 26 and 28 were a go? Surely we've made it to both seasons if Survivor is already planning 33 and 34 right now?

Just according to the link posted by Peach, TAR was renewed for season 29, while Survivor was also renewed for season 33, but there's no official word for season 34.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 05:11:32 PM »
Thing is, Survivor now films both seasons in the same vicinity back-to-back. This current season was unusual in that it was filmed immediately prior to Survivor 31, in order to set up the viewer voted season 31, but that was the exception to their practice these days. I would expect Survivor to go back to filming their fall and then spring season back-to-back for seasons 33-34.
As to TAR, the lead time to prepare the spring cycle is such that the route/task planning and the casting has to be underway before the fall cycle begins airing. That even holds for returning racer seasons as well. That's why I think the renewal was in fact for both 29/20. JMHO. YMMV.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 08:22:22 PM »
You can see what I said here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31937.msg1157556.html#msg1157556

"Unofficial" renewal yes. "Official" renewal ...no.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.