Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 6 - "Let the good times roll" (Yerevan, Armenia) Returns April 1  (Read 21606 times)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Second part of the caps.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The other possibility is that the webmonkeys screwed up, and the caps are NOT from Yerevan at all.  :naughty:

Sheri doesn't even have on the same clothes....  ???
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 04:02:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
As expected, we have teams not know what or where Armenia is.  Pathetic!  I also saw a BBC article that said only 30% of Americans heard of the Armenian Genocide.  This is also similar to TAR 25 to when teams were introduced to the country of Malta. 

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So you're assuming people are pathetic for not knowing ENTIRE world geography then? :res:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
So you're assuming people are pathetic for not knowing ENTIRE world geography then? :res:

No just common sense. 

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue

No just common sense.
Knowing where some country like Armenia is located isn't common sense :lol:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member

No just common sense.
Knowing where some country like Armenia is located isn't common sense :lol:
You should at least know the name and what continent it's in.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR teaches us all geography!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Cap 31 in Alenaveda's post is Yerevan Cascade, a famous steep staircase in the city.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
True, but that's a sad way of learning about new countries.  If I was on that show, I would take an atlas with me.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I mean a lot of us are Geography needs, but why would an average person know Where Armenia is? Even if you've heard of the Armenian Genocide and know it's country you may not know its geographical location. Also apparently American Geography is awful! 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Also apparently American Geography is awful! 

Got that right. I hold two undergraduate degrees and an advanced degree, and never once in my entire secondary, undergraduate, and graduate schooling did I ever get a Geography course.  Boy, Apskip would have loved this discussion!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
I mean a lot of us are Geography needs, but why would an average person know Where Armenia is? Even if you've heard of the Armenian Genocide and know it's country you may not know its geographical location. Also apparently American Geography is awful!
True, I took an AP Human Geography course last year, and learning where countries are located isn't part of the curriculum. My teacher added map quizzes just to make sure we knew some stuff.
The United States doesn't focus on things like geography because who needs to know where other countries are if you're already the greatest nation ever anyway? :res:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
press thumbnail pics are up

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
True, I took an AP Human Geography course last year, and learning where countries are located isn't part of the curriculum. My teacher added map quizzes just to make sure we knew some stuff.
The United States doesn't focus on things like geography because who needs to know where other countries are if you're already the greatest nation ever anyway? :res:

You need to play games like the Carmen Sandiego games to know about geography.  I learned quite a bit about geography from the Carmen Sandiego games, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? and Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We've got Tyler spotted in ATH at some point on Wed 25 Nov. There's conveniently a nonstop flight from Athens to Yerevan on Wednesdays that would probably be favored over additional connections in Moscow or Kiev, so I'm guessing he and Korey (and probably everyone else) were on

A3 821 GVA ATH 1625 2010
A3 932 ATH EVN 2340 0320 (26th)

#justsaying

A 3:20 am arrival would likely force teams to wait for HoO (Yerevan Cascade is the Detour decision point which is in daylight, as is the car RB), perhaps at

Quote from: CBS Press Express

"Let the Good Times Roll"--In this Route Marker, Blair (pictured) and Scott must attend a performance of Khachaturian's Sabre Dance at the Yerevan Opera Theater then search the stage and the auditorium for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

(also because I didn't copy it over here, we know teams left Yerevan by train but the only train that runs from Yerevan to Tbilisi is an overnight train (~21:30 - 7:00 (+1)) that operates every other day [shouts to Slowhatch soooo this leg is probably a KOR)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Blair looks sad on the way to the Pit Stop... they're probably 6th this leg with Sheri & Cole last.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

"Let the Good Times Roll"--At the Detour Decision Point, Zach (left) and Rachel (right) must choose between "Thread" and "Bread" on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Let the Good Times Roll"--In Detour A, Cole (left) and Sheri (right) must join the weavers at the Megerian Carpet Factory and correctly weave a marked section of carpet in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Let the Good Times Roll"--In Detour B, Ashley (left) and Burnie (right) must learn to bake fifteen lavash breads in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Let the Good Times Roll"--In this Route Marker, Blair (pictured) and Scott must attend a performance of Khachaturian's Sabre Dance at the Yerevan Opera Theater then search the stage and the auditorium for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Let the Good Times Roll"--In this Road Block, Matt (pictured) and Dana must change the oil in a Lada taxi. Once the mechanic approves of their work, they must travel to the Pit Stop in the taxi they serviced on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
True, but that's a sad way of learning about new countries.  If I was on that show, I would take an atlas with me.

Noted. When you're in the show, please show your atlas to the whole viewers in your confessionals okay! :tup:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
When it says they must travel to the pit stop in the taxi they fixed, could this mean they drive in the taxi?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Blair looks sad on the way to the Pit Stop... they're probably 6th this leg with Sheri & Cole last.

Yeah, agreed. Most likely a KOR though.

I could see them giving the "multiple teams check in at the PS and get the clue" edit juxtaposed with a cliffhanger of Sheri "not being able to do it" for drama similar to Kent & Vyxsin losing their passports and Cowboys last on TAR18.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

(also because I didn't copy it over here, we know teams left Yerevan by train but the only train that runs from Yerevan to Tbilisi is an overnight train (~21:30 - 7:00 (+1)) that operates every other day [shouts to Slowhatch soooo this leg is probably a KOR)

Def  KOR!  :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Just throwing these in...I have these3 flights marked in my live sightings stuff. Can't remember why but if I copied them I must have thought there was a reason.   :iok :colors

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue

Yeah, agreed. Most likely a KOR though.

I could see them giving the "multiple teams check in at the PS and get the clue" edit juxtaposed with a cliffhanger of Sheri "not being able to do it" for drama similar to Kent & Vyxsin losing their passports and Cowboys last on TAR18.
Aaaand like the most recent instance in France with Denise & James Earl.

I hate those kinds of episode edits though :groan: