Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 5 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *read Post 1*  (Read 19782 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 28 Ep 5 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM *read Post 1*
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
I have a mixed opinion about this leg :gnome

It was definitely the most beautiful one yet and it felt A LOT different from the regular TAR legs, so that made me really interested. I was overwhelmed with the beauty of French mountains and found myself wanting to go there, so I think that's a huge positive. The ending had some suspense, too.

However, as people here have already mentioned, the leg was EXTREMELY linear... :tantrum I hated that. Everything could have been made SO SO MUCH BETTER had the teams been required to self-drive a couple of times. Why did the producers not take this opportunity? :groan: I also found Brodie really annoying this leg, around as much as he was in the premiere, and that really decreased my enjoyment.

Is it just me (because strangely no one else has mentioned this yet), or did the first couple of minutes feel very cringeworthy, especially the editing at the hotel? It just felt cheesy like ANTM. :lol: Also reminded me of the awkward scene in the last episode when they were staying in Geneva and the first ~10 minutes of the episode didn't feel like a race at all.

FINALLY, CAN PHIL STOP DOING THOSE CHEESY LIVE COMMENTARIES FFS :wall:

Where did you see people saying it was karma? ???

Most recently, on the Leg 6 questions thread.  Ghmorello said that Erin & Joslyn got karma.
I also have zero idea what he meant :lol"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »
The driving that was done this leg showed a good bit of snow and ice. I don't think production wants to risk hired cars on drivers who perhaps have never driven on snow/ice.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline wishicouldrun

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2016, 08:54:45 PM »
I don't remember seeing the starting line times at the beginning of episode 5, but at the end of episode 4, weren't all teams except the eliminated team on the mat at the same time? So people should have left the pit stop fairly close to each other. I went to Mt Blanc about 25 years ago- trams were about 15 minutes apart at that time so that produced the spacing of the racers we saw.
Agree with Peach this should be Emmy submission. A bit of drama, emotions and spectacular scenery!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2016, 12:55:03 AM »
Just like last season's Tiffany & Krista on Leg 5, Scott & Blair got lucky this leg.
1.) Erin & Joslyn arrived later than them on the clue after the pit start, moving Scott & Blair up by one place
2.) Sheri & Cole weren't prepared upon reaching the cable car, thus having Scott & Blair enter the cable car in 6th, on the 3rd batch.
3.) Burnie & Ashley took the longer detour, so Scott & Blair passed them too.
4.) Blair beat Rachel at the roadblock because the latter had at least 1 failed attempt there.
In the end, Scott & Blair checked in at 4th. What luck!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2016, 04:52:04 AM »
They ran a smooth leg with no mistakes, so I don't get how that's all luck :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2016, 04:57:54 AM »
They ran a smooth leg with no mistakes, so I don't get how that's all luck :lol:

No mistakes for them is good indeed.
Mistakes for some other teams is good luck to them.

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2016, 08:41:10 AM »
For what it's worth: I need a mute button for Tyler and his laugh. He annoys me the most, followed by Brodie and Blair. My favorites are Zach and Rachel because they are low-key and I love Zach's magic vines. Perhaps because all of the contestants are social media stars, I'm hearing more about how the editing manipulates the viewers. These linear legs are disappointing -- unless you want the guys in the lead to keep winning. Nevertheless, I always love the different scenery and customs.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2016, 01:14:34 AM »
Did anybody else notice that this episode was extremely weather dependent?

I wonder if production had space in the schedule to wait one extra day here if the weather had been bad on the 23rd when this was shot?

In any case I am convinced they had alternate tasks which were not as weather-dependedent planned.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2016, 07:58:26 AM »
Just like last season's Tiffany & Krista on Leg 5, Scott & Blair got lucky this leg.
1.) Erin & Joslyn arrived later than them on the clue after the pit start, moving Scott & Blair up by one place
2.) Sheri & Cole weren't prepared upon reaching the cable car, thus having Scott & Blair enter the cable car in 6th, on the 3rd batch.
3.) Burnie & Ashley took the longer detour, so Scott & Blair passed them too.
4.) Blair beat Rachel at the roadblock because the latter had at least 1 failed attempt there.
In the end, Scott & Blair checked in at 4th. What luck!

give credit where credit is due. scott and blair ran the leg perfectly given the fact that it was so linear. dont say it was all luck bc as kurt said (i think) "the winner of this race will be the team that makes the least mistakes.".

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »
I don't get why people are even complaining about this season because any leg/minutes/seconds/milliseconds beat last season by 10 miles. :sab

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2016, 02:01:41 PM »
I'm one of those people who like to point out the negatives nevertheless and assess what could have been better for a given leg/task/situation, but I thoroughly agree with you, Jobby :lol:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2016, 06:42:25 PM »
I don't get why people are even complaining about this season because any leg/minutes/seconds/milliseconds beat last season by 10 miles. :sab

Because the previous legs were much better lol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 28 Ep 5 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *read Post 1*
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2016, 10:56:23 AM »
Finally watched the episode and wanna ask a simple question and not sure if it has been raised yet since I've got no time to read the threads (sorry!):

Why did Kurt and Brodie have to let Tyler and Korey go first after they failed to take off first? The last three teams were able to take off TOGETHER simultaneously? ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2016, 11:14:10 AM »
They did not?
The last 3 teams took off one after the other?

There was even a gap between Ashley and Sheri landing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »
It was all based on the wind.  I think the uphill people may have had better wind?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2016, 01:12:50 AM »
They did not?

No actually, the last three teams could take off ANY time depending on their instructor!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2016, 01:27:57 AM »
They did not?

No actually, the last three teams could take off ANY time depending on their instructor!

I believe it was after you were unsuccessful that you had to let the teams behind you go first. So when all three are lined up to go at the same time, no one had gone yet, so anyone could go. After Ashley's unsuccessful attempt, she had to wait until Sheri and Erin had tried once before she could go again.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2016, 10:34:49 AM »
^ Yeah, that's what I meant. If you fail to take off, you have to let someone else try before you do so again.