Author Topic: The Salvage Pass  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Salvage Pass
« on: March 04, 2016, 09:15:36 PM »
The Salvage Pass was a pass that can be used to have a headstart on the next leg or to save the last team from elimination only on the specific leg it was won.

It was never on the US seasons, but it appeared on other international season.

During TAR Aus 2, when it 1st appeared, it was used to save the last team who arrived on the 1st leg. Ross & Tarryn used it on Lucy & Emilia. Ross even said that getting the chance to race for them would also matter to Lucy & Emilia.

During TAR Ph 1, the headstart was used on a HoO as the team who won it chose not to save the last team on the previous leg. Marc & Kat had a 30-minute lead over all the other teams on the detour clue.

During TAR Aus vs NZ, the team who won it wasn't sure whether to use it or not. When Daniel & Ryan saw John & Murray coming in last, they knew that it's smarter to get rid of a strong team like them. (1st-2nd-1st-2nd-1st-Last)

I don't really have anything to ask, so just feel free to share your opinions on this twist. :)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: The Salvage Pass
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 02:57:32 PM »
realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Salvage Pass

In TAR Australia, the option to not use it on a team and get a head start on the next leg is pretty silly. Usually, a headstart at the beginning of a leg is meaningless because of airports or chartered travel. I can't remember, but I think the second leg for Ross & Tarryn actually involved chartered travel from the Pit Stop back to Bali!

To clarify, it wasn't just used differently in Tar PH, it's that the rules are different. It's said by the host that it can be used to "start a task a half hour before anyone else". This presumably only applies to any area where teams are all bunched up, because otherwise things would get messy and confusing.

It's a neat idea, but I think it needs to be a little fine-tuned before it comes back.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »
The salvage Pass was also used in TAR China 1 but difference purpose, it was used to bring back one of teams who already eliminated in previous leg to the race

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 05:06:02 AM »
The salvage Pass was also used in TAR China 1 but difference purpose, it was used to bring back one of teams who already eliminated in previous leg to the race

That was a different thing called the "Save Pass"
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

reds_kevin

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 07:21:42 AM »
realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Salvage Pass

In TAR Australia, the option to not use it on a team and get a head start on the next leg is pretty silly. Usually, a headstart at the beginning of a leg is meaningless because of airports or chartered travel. I can't remember, but I think the second leg for Ross & Tarryn actually involved chartered travel from the Pit Stop back to Bali!

To clarify, it wasn't just used differently in Tar PH, it's that the rules are different. It's said by the host that it can be used to "start a task a half hour before anyone else". This presumably only applies to any area where teams are all bunched up, because otherwise things would get messy and confusing.

It's a neat idea, but I think it needs to be a little fine-tuned before it comes back.

Not to Bali but from Legazpi City back to Manila.