Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 23710 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
1. Brodie & Kurt
2. Tyler & Korey
3. Matt & Dana
4. Burnie & Ashley
5. Zach & Rachel
6. Erin & Joslyn
7. Sheri & Cole
8. Scott & Blair

I THINK :lol:

But for a "big footrace" that was the least suspenseful thing ever :groan: (in terms of editing)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race:

Teams take on the alps!

And a majestic paraglide leads to a surprising finish!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I honestly thought this was gonna be a KOR... great editing, I guess? Idk I'm so mad at this episode for some reason but it wasn't even bad...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
It was so intense, but the end results ruined it. :tantrum :groan: (:;)
Still a great leg though with great tasks and teams near each other. :hrt: A penalty could've been deadly enough. :funny:

Jessica & Brittany reminded me of Caroline & Jennifer. They work better by relying on another team. I see them as a weak team, but their elimination is sad and pathetic. :o :ascared :( They missed the train by seconds, and they even saw it leaving in front of them. Funnily, I'd consider this a new addition to the 9th place curse. :funny: They had a chance to make it, they just had bad luck with that. Things would probably have changed had they chosen the other detour.

From the preview, could it be an injury!? :o :ascared
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:55:41 AM by Platrium »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That was an underwhelming footrace lol.

This leg was pretty good but IDK, it's basically like they remade the TAR24 Swiss episode.

Answer-sharing + Meh Elements (forced showmance + famewhoring at the airport).

But they threw in good stuff like decent tasks and teams here were definitely better than the teams in that debacle of an episode so good job I suppose.

Definitely the weakest of the four episodes so far though (next to Colombia 2 by a small margin but I still enjoyed it). It wasn't as fun.

Still liking this season though!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
1. Brodie & Kurt
2. Tyler & Korey
3. Matt & Dana
4. Burnie & Ashley
5. Zach & Rachel
6. Erin & Joslyn
7. Sheri & Cole
8. Scott & Blair

I THINK :lol:

But for a "big footrace" that was the least suspenseful thing ever :groan: (in terms of editing)

Yup. Fastest to slowest in terms of footraces in my opinion. :whoop: :groan:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
So close!!! :o :o :o

The bunch up!!! :ascared :ascared :ascared Too much, too much, but whoa! :ascared :ascared :ascared The bad thing about having a pit stop in another city.

The footrace determined fastest to slowest. :groan: :tantrum (:;)

Adding a word.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The structure of this leg would've been prime for an NEL* since if everyone makes the train as intended the least athletic team is screwed.

*there have been a few legs similar to this (TAR 1 in Paris / Les Baux, TAR 4 in Vienna / Gmund, TAR 19 in Phuket / Bangkok and you could slot a few TAR 1 legs there that had easy RBs following a long train like Bangkok and Jaipur) but they've all been timed in such a way that there were multiple routes to their destination.

Also how did we miss a eight-way footrace / eight teams leaving on the Chamonix web cam?  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Blair has done the least amount of effort on the race - ever.

Dave on TAR22 post-injury would disagree.
Oh yes, how could I forget? :groan: :lol:

Still a great leg though with great tasks and teams near each other.
This, I will agree with. Sums up what I think of this episode though the army knife Detour option was a bit boring to watch.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sometimes, I wish they could split the 1st place prize. :res:

Also, Scott & Blair are still bottomgod/dess. :lol: They probably wouldn't have beaten the models.

By the way, I like how they ended the leg at night. Makes the elimination more dramatic. :lol:

For the record, this leg had the most teams bunched up on the pit stop, with 8. The last record was 7, and that footrace was actually better than this. :stare Also, it was the worst season in my opinion. :nut:

From how I see it, Sheri & Cole are still getting an invisible edit. Leg 1 was on them, the rest though… :lol:

What if the pit stop was just in Geneva?
1st: Burnie & Ashley
2nd: Brodie & Kurt
3rd: Sheri & Cole
4th: Matt & Dana
5th: Tyler & Korey
6th: Scott & Blair
7th: Erin & Joslyn
8th: Zach & Rachel
9th: Jessica & Brittany
This is what I think would've been the likeliest result, and I'd prefer this over the result this episode. :groan:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:49:04 AM by Platrium »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
That realization when teams will be departing minute after minute. :colors

If this was in the earlier seasons, all teams get to depart at the same time. :funny: It will feel like a starting line full of alliance and friendship. :funny:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Were Jessica & Brittany the only team to do the Detour and Roadblock with no help? If so, that's really...

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Were Jessica & Brittany the only team to do the Detour and Roadblock with no help? If so, that's really...

IIRC the teams that did the Swiss Army Detour did it on their own.

But yeah, they were the only one who didn't do the Roadblock with any help =/

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster

IIRC the teams that did the Swiss Army Detour did it on their own.

But yeah, they were the only one who didn't do the Roadblock with any help =/
How did they do the Detour with help ???

See, I'm blaming THEM for getting lost on the way to the Detour (that could be overexaggerated editing though) but at the same time, teams like Erin and Joslyn probably wouldn't have even been on the first train if they didn't get help.

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
"What country is Switzerland in?"

Which one asked this? I heard it but can't remember who it was.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Welp rip this season. Getting rull dire now. All my faves are incompetent lulz. The top 4 are worst teams and the bottom 5 were my top 5 and this will probably hold. Yikes.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
The pit-stop-in-another-city scheme reminded me of how one team was robbed last season during the Dutch leg.

This season, it's the same for this episode. :groan: Burnie & Ashley must win soon! :jam:

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
"Por favor?"
I thought it was clear that he realized his mistake right away. I studied both French and Spanish and make stupid mistakes like that occasionally, especially when stressed.

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
Brodie's facial hair makes him look like a werewolf. Blair didn't seem to appreciate the teasing about her and Brodie. I thought it was obvious that the key to the flags was right in front of the teams. Although I wasn't rooting for the models, when they were shut out by the other teams, it looked like a nature film in which the herd rejects its weakest links.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I was running about 30 minutes behind to start, and using fast forward made it down to 15 by the end. So some comments:

first, since no one mentioned it, The Jet d'Eau made its second appearance on TAR as a route marker clue location (first appearance, also at night in leg 10 of TAR 3. That time, the location was the first point of the leg, and teams had to figure out what country the flag was of as the teams next destination.(Malaysia, btw.)

Having the presence of a flag task in the middle of a leg in the middle of the Race was quite a surprise. Have to admire Cole's comment that he quickly got six of the ten because he plays FIFA '16. At least he learned which flags were which country.

I can remember the earlier mass footrace to the finish mat, actually there were a couple over the years, one for first place, the other to avoid last place, but I am having trouble figuring out which TAR all-star season Phil was referring to. There has been 2 actual all-stars 11 and 24, and the Unfinished Business, 18. IIRC, the race to avoid last place I think was season 9.

I thought the detour tasks were equally difficult but that the Swiss Army Knife task required a lot of precise attention to detail, and was easier to mess up. The problem for Racers with the bench detour was the width measurement necessary to arrive at the 190 to 197 range. That seemed to give some teams a lot of problems. The agreement Brodie made with some of the other teams was to work together and if a team got the number right to let the other teams in that group know. Nothing illegal under the rules about that the time consuming part of the process for most of the teams.

And thank you Phil for pointing out the connection of Chamoix to the Winter Olympics. As a slight spoiler based on the preview at the end of the episode"
Show content
The paraglider task in the mountains is a repeat task from an earlier season in the Alps (Bavaria IIRC).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:24:08 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Brittany Oldehoff ‏@brittoldehoff  2h2 hours ago
Brittany Oldehoff Retweeted Robin
We were actually an hour behind everyone. And we didn't miss the train. We couldn't get on it. Don't believe editing

Well… :stare
At least the editing made it look tense. :lol:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I can remember the earlier mass footrace to the finish mat, actual there were a couple over the years, one for first place, the other to avoid last place, but I am having trouble figuring out which TAR all-star season Phil was referring to. There has been 2 actual all0stars 11 and 24, and the Unfinished Business, 18. IIRC, the race to avoid last place I think was season 9.
TAR 24 Leg 2

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I can remember the earlier mass footrace to the finish mat, actual there were a couple over the years, one for first place, the other to avoid last place, but I am having trouble figuring out which TAR all-star season Phil was referring to. There has been 2 actual all0stars 11 and 24, and the Unfinished Business, 18. IIRC, the race to avoid last place I think was season 9.
TAR 24 Leg 2
Thank you! I am tired tonight after a busy week resolving some computer problems that  kept me up four nights running until 3 am! Now all I have left is to send the Kindle in for repairs, and see if I can solve an issue with my Garmin device when I get a new set of cable/cord accessories tomorrow.  And then I have to start on the 2016 release update for "the" book, which I submitted in July and came out December 1st.
-- theschnauzers

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Still a great leg though with great tasks and teams near each other. :hrt: A penalty could've been deadly enough. :funny:

Jessica & Brittany reminded me of Caroline & Jennifer. They work better by relying on another team. I see them as a weak team, but their elimination is sad and pathetic. :o :ascared :( They missed the train by seconds, and they even saw it leaving in front of them. Funnily, I'd consider this a new addition to the 9th place curse. :funny: They had a chance to make it, they just had bad luck with that. Things would probably have changed had they chosen the other detour.

From the preview, could it be an injury!? :o :ascared

No. They did great in their own. They are the one who tried to help Sheri & Cole last leg, not getting help.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I'm fine with Jessica and Brittany getting eliminated, they should have been eliminated anyway based on their Detour and Roadblock finishing order. In fact, I loved it that they miss the train. When you are at the back, you just become upset and dejected cause no one wants to help you??

They were NOT even running to their next train. At least Blair was aggressive in asking the teams to "hide" because she knew, in a foot race, her dad would not out run anyone... :(