Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 23449 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Leg 5 is going to be a chocablock full leg, I am sure they needed to get them there to get things rolling early. It may be our most visualizing striking leg of the season!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
What if the pit stop was just in Geneva?
1st: Burnie & Ashley
2nd: Brodie & Kurt
3rd: Sheri & Cole
4th: Matt & Dana
5th: Tyler & Korey
6th: Zach & Rachel
7th: Scott & Blair
8th: Erin & Joslyn
9th: Jessica & Brittany
Lol this is 5 times better.

Burley getting 1st <3
Different winners on all 4 legs <3

And Scott & Blair consistantly moving up positions one spot at a time - 11th, 9th, 8th, 7th.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Leg 5 is going to be a chocablock full leg, I am sure they needed to get them there to get things rolling early. It may be our most visualizing striking leg of the season!
But is it worth ruining the previous leg? That train ride to Chamonix made nothing else count besides the teams' physicality.

They could've made the pitstop in Geneva, made the leg KOR and then teams immediately take the train. If needed, there could have been an HoO somewhere in Chamonix. Here's your solution -- nothing changes for production, but at least the Swiss leg and the efficiency of teams has some bearing on their placements...

And if they badly wanted to eliminate a team in leg 4, they could've introduced a new twist - a KOR leg with an elimination.

Or if they did not want a KOR on this one, they could've made a longer pitstop in Geneva, so that teams arrive in Chamonix whenever production wants/needs.

;)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
But is it worth ruining the previous leg? That train ride to Chamonix made nothing else count besides the teams' physicality.

They could've made the pitstop in Geneva, made the leg KOR and then teams immediately take the train. If needed, there could have been an HoO somewhere in Chamonix. Here's your solution -- nothing changes for production, but at least the Swiss leg and the efficiency of teams has some bearing on their placements...

And if they badly wanted to eliminate a team in leg 4, they could've introduced a new twist - a KOR leg with an elimination.

Or if they did not want a KOR on this one, they could've made a longer pitstop in Geneva, so that teams arrive in Chamonix whenever production wants/needs.

;)

I agree with Marionete.
Also, they can move the teams to Chamomix during the pit stop. They've done this in TAR16, in between Legs 4 to 5. Leg 5 of that season was linear, but I'd prefer linear legs over pit stop placements getting arranged from fastest to slowest team by footrace. :hand:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
Finally watched the episode. This leg has good tasks and at least they represent Switzerland. The army knife one is nice and really requires skill, which balances with the wooden bench one which is not skill based. And love the flags roadblock!! I could have got it without even need to run to check lol. But anyway, why they couldn't figure out straight away that is a map for the flag location? To me it's just so intuitive when you see 4 rows of flags and 4 row on the map, otherwise they don't even need to have that picture with all names on it...

;)

I agree with Marionete.
Also, they can move the teams to Chamomix during the pit stop. They've done this in TAR16, in between Legs 4 to 5. Leg 5 of that season was linear, but I'd prefer linear legs over pit stop placements getting arranged from fastest to slowest team by footrace. :hand:

Completely agree, they could have done better for the pitstop, they could still end the leg then send them to Chamonix, I remember in Season 3 Swiss leg they also moved starting point after checking in at Montreux on a boat.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Wouldn't be the first time that Phil gives the teams a new clue at the Pit Stop saying that the next leg starts right now.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly

This.

I suspect the time frame for trains the following day if the pit stop had been in Geneva would have been too late with the tasks that are planned. As it was, the teams arrived well into the evening as shown. So it made sense to have the travel the afternoon and evening before, so teams have enough time for leg five.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

This.

I suspect the time frame for trains the following day if the pit stop had been in Geneva would have been too late with the tasks that are planned. As it was, the teams arrived well into the evening as shown. So it made sense to have the travel the afternoon and evening before, so teams have enough time for leg five.

I think they could still travel to Chamonix after checking in at a pit stop in Geneva. :whoop: They've done something like this before, so I don't understand why they didn't do this. :tantrum

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Or TBC? This leg is not over... if the next leg is a NEL? -_-

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Btw this season feels like an early TAR season to me. NO SPOILERSPLEASE, kinda relevant tasks so far on every leg, all the meh teams getting eliminated first...

4 episodes into this season and I think I can legitimately declare it better than that season which shan't be named.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:07:02 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Btw this season feels like an early TAR season to me. NO SPOILERS PLEASE kinda relevant tasks so far on every leg, all the meh teams getting eliminated first...

4 episodes into this season and I think I can legitimately declare it better than that season which shan't be named.
Nicely edited eliminations/sendoffs, M/M teams dominating
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:08:22 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
The models are too poor in the roadblock
I would have cried immediately when i saw everyone was working in a group while no one was willing to work with her

Blair seems rude when she ignored Jessica in front of her face

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
I would have cried immediately when i saw everyone was working in a group while no one was willing to work with her

I wonder why nobody was willing to work with Jessica.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

They needed a last team behind, especially Scott & Blair since they can't outrun Brittany & Jessica.
It may have been rude, but it was strategic enough. My sympathy is still on the models this leg. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
You did write a spoiler, though it was rather minor and not blatant enough for me to consider reporting. I'll PM you.

No I did not. But whatever. It's only a spoiler because people assume too much from reading too much spoilers.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!

They needed a last team behind, especially Scott & Blair since they can't outrun Brittany & Jessica.
It may have been rude, but it was strategic enough. My sympathy is still on the models this leg. :(

True.  Who wants to be eliminated?  Still, I wish Blair hadn't ignored Jessica but just said, "Sorry, we can't afford to help you."  And I also am sympathetic towards the models.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
I think the flag identification task was straight forward enough that team collaboration was not needed. Sure, any task can be faster if someone just gives you an answer (like the bench task), but the flag answers were RIGHT THERE, in the form of the flags on the map. If Jessica had focused her attention on the task at hand rather than trying to sway the group dynamics, her team probably could have survived another day.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think the flag identification task was straight forward enough that team collaboration was not needed. Sure, any task can be faster if someone just gives you an answer (like the bench task), but the flag answers were RIGHT THERE, in the form of the flags on the map. If Jessica had focused her attention on the task at hand rather than trying to sway the group dynamics, her team probably could have survived another day.

According to Brittany & Jessica, they just complained for 2 minutes. Don't believe too much on editting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 28 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2016, 05:38:25 PM »
Y'all be sure to watch this vid of the models commenting on the leg: 
 http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31701.msg1155376.html#msg1155376
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2016, 04:24:41 AM »
Meh they didn't add anything to the race.