Author Topic: BBCAN4 - Christine Kelsey  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
BBCAN4 - Christine Kelsey
« on: February 25, 2016, 07:39:46 AM »

This self-professed “game freak” is looking to align with an opposite personality to hers, who she can pretend is her enemy in the house.

Hometown: Vancouver, BC

Describe yourself in three words:
Open, Honest, Outgoing

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
Sort of. I mean it’s all about the dynamics once you get in there, but basically I want to lay low while the big strong players duke it out, and then I’ll kick into high gear later. I’ll keep it under the radar for a while. I can be pretty loud and social but I don’t want to show that right away. I hide that side of myself all the time – people can’t handle me – so it won’t be hard to do that in the house.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
My vitamins. I’m kind of addicted to them.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
Brawn. Sometimes the brain too! Actually I’m 50/50. Maze challenges are just not going to happen for me. I can’t even find my way around my own apartment. Puzzles I can do. But anything with spinning? No way. I get dizzy like nobody’s business.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I’m entrepreneurial so I’d put it into a business. I have thousands of business ideas just waiting to go.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
I don’t know if I have an idol but I love Gary (BBCAN Season 1). He is outgoing and fun and has different personalities. I’m like that too. I also liked Sarah (BBCAN Season 3). Like me, she doesn’t believe in a lot of things – marriage, government - that kind of stuff. I’m a fan of Peter (BBCAN Season 1) too but he’s not my idol. Basically I like houseguests who are marching to the beat of their own drum.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
I like Canada because it’s cool. There’s lots of freedom and we don’t really get involved in a lot of drama.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN4 - Christine Kelsey
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/e87LWFRf7rA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/e87LWFRf7rA</a>

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:35:48 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ pre-game exclusive: Can Christine Kelsey clean up the competition?

Given how messy the “Big Brother Canada” house can be, isn’t it kind of the producers to cast someone in Christine Kelsey who knows a thing or two about cleaning it up? (Yes, we did just go for the most obvious joke ever. We promise that we’ll abstain the rest of the article.)

In the interview below, you can find out a little bit more about the oldest houseguest this season, someone looking to buck the trend of older players not making it all the way to the end, and someone who seems to at least have the knowledge necessarily to figure out a few things in the house.

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.

I’m Christine Kelsey, I’m 47, I’m from Vancouver, and I’m a house-cleaner.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?

I watched it 16 years ago, and I said ‘I’m going to be on that show.’ I waited for it to come to Canada, and here I am.

If you could compare yourself to someone from ‘Big Brother Canada’ or ‘Big Brother US,’ who would it be?

Well I’ve always said that I’m a combination of four: Gary, Peter, Talla, and Sarah. I’m like a mixture of all of them. Gary because he’s very energetic and entertaining to the house, and he doesn’t care what anyone thinks about him. Peter because he stands off and observes and doesn’t really like people. Talla because, while she’s lovable, she’s very ditzy, and Sarah because she’s kind of a hippie and doesn’t believe in marriage or government. All of these things I have.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?

With people who know me, nothing surprises them because I’m that way. Anything could happen. For people who don’t know me, most people are surprised that I’m a house-cleaner, actually. (Laughs.)

Do you have a specific strategy entering the house?

I feel like strategies are [something that] you have to assess because every house is different, and every houseguest is different. I’m going to wing it, and kind of lay low at the beginning and let the big guys fight it out before coming in halfway through.

What makes you think that you’ll be able to make it all the way to the end and win?

I think I just have a lot of aspects that will get me to the end. I think I can get in with the [right people]. I don’t think I’ll be great at the competitions, but my social game will work that out. I’m just going to hope for the best.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?

It could be challenges and being too social.

Other than winning the money, what’s the one thing you’re hoping to get out of this experience?

Other than the cash, which is really my main focus? It’s really a challenge to see if I could do it.

In closing, what do you want to say to Canada? Why should they be excited to see you this season?

I’m going to be very entertaining. I have a few different personalities that are going to come out, and if I’m there long enough people are going to see each one! I’ll be quite the show.

Overall impression – We’re pretty beholden to asking the same question to every houseguest for the purpose of fairness, which is somewhat of a shame given that we could have really followed up on the “different personalities.” We wish she elaborated a little bit more on her life and her plans in the house; while we’re worried about her being one of the older players in a very-young house, she does seem to understand some of the game and how to play it.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/196376/big-brother-canada-4-pre-game-exclusive-christine-kelsey/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 08:01:51 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada’ evicted houseguest Christine: ‘It’s constant chaos’

In this week’s eviction episode of Big Brother Canada, Vancouver, BC native Christine Kelsey was sent packing from the BBCAN house. HOH Loveita insisted that her other nominee, Cassandra, was the target, but as they say, the pawn always goes home.

Global News spoke with Kelsey about her semi-surprise eviction (she kind of saw it coming), who she thinks is going to get to the end, and how absolutely disgusting the house was.

Global News: How shocked are you to be evicted?
Christine Kelsey: I’m not shocked, I’m just disappointed. We knew it was coming, it was just a matter of one or two votes. Shock factor, no. Disappointment factor, huge.

Do you think you could have gone all the way?
Absolutely. Everybody thinks they could go all the way. [Laughs] I have a lot of things in my mind that I was going to do. Being older is a little helpful, too. I could do things that the younger ones wouldn’t think of. That’s why Tim has an advantage as well, just more experience.

I wanted to take out some big dogs. I didn’t want to play it safe… play it simple at first, and then do some attacking. I was ready to play hard.

What are your thoughts on being evicted?
This sucks. This sucks. This sucks. If someone said I could go back in, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Who/what do you think was most responsible for your eviction, and why?
I still don’t know why Loveita put me up specifically. I kinda get it, I guess, because she was playing safe. The only two people left [who she wasn’t aligned with] were Cassandra and me, so she didn’t really have a choice.

LOOK: Meet the second group of Big Brother Canada houseguests

What was the hardest thing to deal with in the BBCAN house?
Living with 16 children that… I don’t know what the hell was going on. They were pigs. I was always running around the house saying, “These people are animals! This place is a zoo!” Unruly little rats, they left stuff all over the place. Everybody in the house hated it, but no one would admit they were doing it. Constant chaos everywhere, all the time.

The food situation was really bad. They didn’t know how to plan anything. We’d get all this food, and it would have to last seven days, but they’d eat it all in two days so we’d starve for the five days. It was so annoying. Jared and Tim were the only ones who got it.

Any regrets?
No, I don’t. I never have regrets in life.

Any predictions on what’s going to happen and who’s going to take it all?
Zero predictions. Honestly, it’s anybody’s game now. I think Tim will take it to the end with somebody, but I don’t know who that somebody is going to be.

Source:http://globalnews.ca/news/2586138/big-brother-canada-evicted-houseguest-christine-its-constant-chaos/?sf22783489=1

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »
'Big Brother Canada' evictee Christine: 'I'm not rooting for anybody'

Just because Mean Bean Christine was evicted from the Big Brother Canada house, doesn’t mean the 47-year-old housekeeper from Vancouver is even close to finished with her unfiltered commentary of the game. When Christine Kelsey became the third houseguest sent packing from the BBCAN Grand on Thursday night, following a five to six vote and a week of sheepish gameplay from Head of Household Loveita Adams and Power of Veto winner Dallas Cormier, the season’s “mother figure” let her honest opinions fly – especially about one player in particular.

“I got caught in the crossfire of Loveita’s idiocy,” Christine stated bluntly to Postmedia Network, following her eviction this week. “There’s no respect for Loveita in this game at all. As soon as she can go out, she will.”

Clearly objecting to how things went down on week three, Christine was obviously bothered by Loveita’s nominations, once the reigning HoH cut a deal with her rivals in the game – Kelsey Faith, Jared Kesler and Raul Manriquez – choosing to put floaters Christine and Cassandra Shahinfar up on the block instead.

“I was tense, because it just seemed like such a wimpy move. There were so many moves she could have made and she didn’t make them. Like everybody else in the house, nobody’s making any big moves and all the little players are leaving. It’s silly,” Christine said.

“I gather that she was just playing it safe. She made bad moves the week before and so she was trying to suck up to Jared and Kelsey, because her alliance had been defeated.”

The divided house was shocked at Loveita’s decision, prompting Dallas to promise that if he snagged the PoV win, he would take Christine off the block so a major player could be back-doored. But following the frantic competition – that ended with an injury for Christine and a win for Dallas – the redheaded welder from the East Coast went back on his word and the nominations remained the same.

“I fell from basically three quarters from the way up of that wall, straight down with no stopping. It was quite the fall and I landed right on my tailbone,” she said of the PoV competition. Although still sore, Christine wasn’t too badly injured, and she was left to campaign for her spot in the competition.

She may not have been Loveita’s target in the house, but the blunt houseguest knew that Cassandra had support from the majority alliance of Kelsey, Jared and Raul, which could easily flip the votes, forcing Christine out the door on eviction night. And that’s precisely what happened when Christine’s lack of campaigning and motivation to make alliances ended her BBCAN4 experience only three weeks in.

“I was most interested in working with myself. That was my goal, to be with people but not be with people,” she said of her unsuccessful strategy.

And heading forward, Mean Bean Christine is sticking to that philosophy.

“I’m not rooting for anybody. I’m going to watch it with an open mind as if I wasn’t even there. But I know a little bit more than everybody else. That’s all.”

Source:http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/18/big-brother-canada-evictee-christine-im-not-rooting-for-anybody

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 08:04:37 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ exit interview: Christine Kelsey on Loveita, Cassandra, and votes

There were moments early on this season on “Big Brother Canada” where it did seem as though Christine Kelsey was going to last for a long time in the game. She was laying super-low, hadn’t angered too many people in the house, and even showed that she was capable of winning competitions.

In the end, though, her undoing this week was seemingly the result of two separate actions: Nominations from Loveita that were surprising at the time, and her potentially hitting the campaign trail a little late. To get some of Christine’s own insight on the subject, we had the chance to ask her a few questions in a conference call on Friday.

CarterMatt – Whose vote are you the most disappointed you did not get?

Christine Kelsey – I actually was disappointed that Phil didn’t give me a vote. I’ve been sleeping with him that whole time and smelling his farts and having him kick me in the head in the middle of the night … I was sad he didn’t give me a vote!

What’s your assessment right now of Loveita as a player?

Loveita, she’s just all over the place. I don’t know what she’s doing or where she’s going or what’s going to happen with her. If she makes it to the end, then good for her and maybe I was wrong. As far as I can see, though, she’s playing a weird game.

Do you think that Cassandra now has a chance of staying in the game for a long time?

I think anyone has a chance of staying a long time, but Cassandra is really working it. If she stays, then it will because she worked hard to stay.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/199244/big-brother-canada-4-exit-interview-christine-kelsey/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »
‘It’s anybody’s game’: Big Brother Canada house guests finally start playing the game

This week’s Big Brother Canada seems to have finally given the house guests the kickstart they’ve needed to start playing the game, whether that means making big moves too soon or scrambling to find an alliance.

As the Head of Household for the second time this season, the house assumed Loveita would put Jared and Kelsey up on the block for eviction. The pair had targeted her the previous week and quickly became the villains of the game (and added a showmance to boot).

But choosing to get a little more strategic — for better or worse — Loveita opted to cut a deal with Jared, who happily agreed to keep her safe until jury in exchange for his and Kelsey’s safety. But that meant sacrificing a couple of natural born floaters: Cassandra Shahinfar and Christine Kelsey.

In doing so, Loveita rejected her former alliance with Cassandra, Maddy and Dallas — who managed to win the Power of Veto and spent the week planning to take Christine off the block in hopes that Loveita would replace her with a bigger target, one that might look a little more like Jared, Kelsey or third wheeler Raul.

But at the last minute, as things often seem to go down in this season, Dallas chickened out and changed his mind, leaving the votes the same, much to the relief of Loveita, who is now floating between the two major alliances that will go head to head next week.

In a 6—5 vote, Christine was sent home, and claimed she saw every bit of it coming. She spoke with the National Post’s Sadaf Ahsan to talk game and, well, if she had any.

Q: Why do you think it came down to you for eviction and not Cassandra?

A: Everyone had their reasons, and they didn’t know where I was going in the game and if I was going to get ugly — which I was. She’s an easier player to follow, and so an easier target. She’s better for them.

Q: The votes were quite split. Was it a surprise as to who voted which way?

A: No, not at all. When you’re in that house, you can’t not know. It all becomes clear pretty quick.

Q: Tim voted to evict Cassandra despite their close relationship. Why do you think that is? Had the two of you spoken beforehand and made a deal?

A: Tim gave me a pity vote, because he really liked me. He liked myself and Cassandra 50/50, and he knew that I was bringing a lot to the table. Evicting Cassandra was better for his game.

Q: Dallas was pretty insistent on saving you with the POV this week, but then changed his mind at the last minute at the Veto Ceremony. Why?

A: Dallas wanted to use the POV bad, he really did, but he was too scared of Loveita. He’s a strong player and he wanted to change things up, but I know he felt like if he pushed her hand, it could put him in a bad place.

Q: You were very anti-Loveita throughout your time on the show, and vocal about it. Was it personal?

A: I didn’t get along with her at all. She was so annoying, and she isolated herself a lot.

Q: And yet, you proposed an alliance to Loveita this week. How hard was it to come to that decision?

A: It was not hard at all, you have to do what you have to do in this game, and she had no one. Everybody liked me, I was good with everyone. Maddy and Cassandra were the closest to me. It made sense.

Q: If you could restart the game, what would you do differently?

A: I did what I wanted to do. But I would have shown everyone earlier that I was playing the game and how much I cared. But it’s all circumstantial.

Source:http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/television/its-anybodys-game-big-brother-canada-house-guests-finally-start-playing-the-game

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 08:07:12 PM »
Vancouverite and Big Brother Canada 4 houseguest Christine Kelsey dishes on what did (or didn’t) go wrong

It’s been a wacky few weeks in the Big Brother Canada house, to say the least. The fourth season of the competitive-reality-TV-show-slash-social-experiment kicked off earlier this month with an “International Wildcard” twist that introduced two previous Big Brother players into the game, and last night (March 18), after a week where she hypothetically should’ve cruised while two larger alliances went at each other’s throats, 47-year-old Vancouverite Christine Kelsey was evicted from the house over fellow “floater” Cassandra Shahinfar.

But, hey, at least Kelsey wasn’t told she was being given an “early checkout” during her eviction. (We’re digging the whole Vegas-style, BBCAN Grand theme, but are glad Arisa decided to retire that one.) The Straight chatted with Kelsey, a single mom and housekeeper, in a phone interview earlier today, where she dished on her Big Brother Canada experience and what did (or didn’t) go wrong.

Georgia Straight: Besides the twists, what surprised you most about the Big Brother Canada experience?

Christine Kelsey: Just a lot of downtime; a lot, a lot, a lot of waiting. Waiting for things to happen: challenges or games or whatever it is, you’re just always waiting.

GS: Where do you think your game went wrong?

CK: I don’t think my game went wrong. I just think Loveita had to put somebody up and me and Cassandra happened to be the easiest ones, and Cassandra won out. I don’t think I did anything particularly wrong. Maybe I could’ve talked a little harder sooner, but I think I was fine. I could’ve continued on easy if I wasn’t put on the block in the same way I was.

GS: You mentioned in your cast bio that you wanted to lay low and let the bigger characters take each other out in the house. Why do you think you were targeted?

CK: Loveita was just too afraid to target the big wigs. She probably made them deals and she was probably too afraid to do what she did the two weeks before and she was playing it safe. There was nobody else she could put up: she couldn’t put up the big wigs, she couldn’t put up her own little alliances, and me and Cassandra literally were it.

GS: What are your thoughts on the first three evicted houseguests this season being all women?

CK: I don’t think it was something anybody planned; it just kind of happened. And I think it sucks. I mean, who wants a cock fight at the end? Get over it; get some guys out!

GS: What was the most difficult part about living in the Big Brother Canada house?

CK: I would say the mess. It was extremely messy, 24/7. We talk about age difference, I felt like I was living with 16 bratty kids. And if they were my kids, I would’ve grounded and spanked them all. [laughs] The cleaning gave me something to do, but it was out of control, for real.

GS: Is there anything you’ll miss about living in the house?

CK: I’m gonna miss all the future fun. We would do imitations of each other, which were really funny, come up with random games, or we’d just get in arguments for ****s and giggles. And the fun of the challenges; it was kind of like living in a summer camp.

GS: Of the remaining houseguests, who are you rooting for? Who are you rooting against?

CK: I’m not rooting for anybody. I was rooting for me; I’m not there so, who cares? [laughs] I’m not really rooting against anyone, but I would really like to see Loveita leave the house, not gonna lie.

GS: What’s your advice for anyone who’d like to play in the Big Brother Canada house?

CK: Be prepared to be bored, that’s about it. Always be prepared for nothing and everything; it’s those two extremes.

Source:http://www.straight.com/movies/661831/vancouverite-and-big-brother-canada-4-houseguest-christine-kelsey-dishes-what-did-or