Author Topic: BBCAN4 - Sharry Ash  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
BBCAN4 - Sharry Ash
« on: February 25, 2016, 07:37:27 AM »

Dynamic, vibrant and full of energy, her strategy is to be flexible. She is looking to dominate competitions, and to rely on her intelligence to get her through the game.

Hometown: Toronto, ON

Describe yourself in three words:
Outgoing, Competitive, Fun

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
My strategy to win is to be myself, listen more than I speak and to remain agile. By agile I mean I will take each day at a time, stay flexible and bend and manipulate my strategy as things shift. I think going in with one plan isn’t effective because I don’t know what I’m up against.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
If I could take anything inside the house it would be my girlfriend. One thing that might be distracting as I work my way through this is that when I am away from her, I get a little anxious because I feel like I’m her protector, and nobody cares for her as much I do. So that’s on my mind all the time. So if I knew she was right there and I could care for her that would be perfect. Also, she and I are opposites in terms of strengths and areas of improvement, so if we were both in there, we would be effortlessly walking through the whole thing.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
Anything to do with memorizing. That’s not my strongest skill. That said, when I am competing something does change inside of me. I become more conscious and I become sharper.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I would be spending that money on getting a nice home for my girlfriend and me. That is one of the goals of competing. I’d put that money down on a beautiful place so we could continue to grow our life together.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
I actually don’t have an idol in that I wouldn’t approach it exactly like anyone else. That said I like Jon (BBCAN Season 2) because he was really himself, and he was just a really nice guy. I didn’t see him getting into fights or creating any drama. He was just funny, laid back and had a lot of fun. That’s what I want – yeah, I’m competing but I want to have a good time.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
There are so many things I love! I guess the thing that’s my favourite is how Canada embraces culture, and allows you to be free to be yourself. You don’t have to conform – you can just be yourself. Imitation is suicide. You should just be able to do you wherever you go and not be judged or penalized or discriminated against.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN4 - Sharry Ash
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:11:40 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4-8KhK__tvg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4-8KhK__tvg</a>

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:52:44 PM »
:torche

So much potential :(

I would rather have had her stay over Loveita :res:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 08:19:28 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ pre-game exclusive: Can Sharry Ash win people over with her personality?

Today is the final day we’re bringing your our pre-game interviews for “Big Brother Canada” season 4, and we’re focusing in this article on someone in Sharry Ash who is smart, social, and different than many of the other contestants. She’s very compassionate, but at the same time wants to have a good time and play this game both for her and her girlfriend, who is also a longtime fan.

Ready to dive into our full interview? Enjoy.

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.

My name is Sharry Ash. I’m from the big, beautiful city of Toronto, I just turned 30, and I am a customer service supervisor.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?

My girlfriend’s a superfan, and she felt like my personality would be amazing on ‘Big Brother’ and that I should try out. We went and tried out together, and honesty when she brought me up for it, I thought it was a chance to compete and put my physical, social, and mental skills to the ultimate test. That’s how I see ‘Big Brother.’ That’s one of my big motivators for trying this out; seeing how [I can do].

So what’s your knowledge base? Are you a big fan of the show?

I’ve been watching ‘Big Brother’ for the past three years now. I have an understanding of the show, the concept, the competitions, and such.

If you could compare yourself to someone from ‘Big Brother Canada’ or ‘Big Brother US,’ who would it be?

I don’t know if there is someone who is exactly like me, but one of the contestants I’ve really enjoyed watching was Jon [Pardy]. He was a really fun, sweet guy. I don’t remember him doing anything that was shady and behind people’s back, and he won. I really admired the way he played in watching him go through the show.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?

Something that surprises everybody is that I have a girlfriend! (Laughs.) I’ve been with my girlfriend for two years and eight months now, and people find that very surprising for some reason!

Do you have a specific strategy entering the house?

I feel that my skills are going to be when it comes to competitions and social game, but I want to be agile with my time in the house. I want to take things day by day, reposition myself with whatever is thrown my way. I want to be ready for anything, and I want to do more listening than speaking. I want to be able to listen to what everybody has to say, so I can find out my place in the house and what I need to do to share my security.

What makes you think that you’ll be able to make it all the way to the end and win?

I feel like I can win because I have this ability make people feel like they can trust me and can confide in me. Even people on the street, even, will come up to me even while I’m waiting at the stop and tell me about themselves, their lives, and their struggles. I feel like I’m going to bring that into the house along with my positive energy, take the information that I gather, and also use my physical ability to get myself [out of any tricky situation].

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?

I definitely am somebody who wears their emotions on their sleeve. Usually when I really like something the world will know about it, but if I don’t like something, it’ll be written all over my face! (Laughs.) I’m going to have to be really conscious and tame that [nobody can see if something gets to me].

Other than winning the money, what’s the one thing you’re hoping to get out of this experience?

Honestly, what I’m looking to get out of this experience is more growth, and also to just learn more about myself. I’m going to be both by myself and with people who don’t really know me. You know sometimes in the real world when you’re down, you look to the people around you who know you to try and lift you. I’m looking to see what I’m going to learn about myself and strengthen that part of me where I can work on myself and take care of myself. I just want to see where this is going to lead me in terms of what my next adventure is going to be. I want to see what’s next.

In closing, what do you want to say to Canada? Why should they be excited to see you this season?

First, thank you to ‘Big Brother Canada’ for having me! I’m going to be exciting and fun to watch, high-energy, and keep everyone having a good time while winning, of course.

Overall impression – There are several women this season with some serious potential, and Sharry is one of them. We feel like she’s got a good grasp on what is important in this game, and also what she wants to get out of it. Does she have the killer instinct? That could be one of the things that holds her back.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/196437/big-brother-canada-4-pre-game-exclusive-sharry-ash/

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:21:07 PM »
Well she didn't win people over for sure, she got evicted second :lol:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 11:10:26 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ exit interview: Sharry Ash on eviction, ‘threat’ status in the house

There were definitely times during “Big Brother Canada” season 4 where it felt like Sharry Ash was going to be a significant force to be reckoned with. After all, she was strong physically, solid socially, and she seemed to have a good outlook on the game as a whole. She wasn’t a superfan, but that’s not always a precursor to playing well.

Unfortunately, there are times when being eliminated can come down to just working with the wrong people, and that seemed to be what doomed Sharry. She was aligned with someone in Loveita who caused her to be nominated by Jared, and ended up going home over Loveita as a result. In speaking with her today, we asked about why she felt she was evicted, if she blames anyone for what happened, and also who she feels is getting a little ahead of themselves so far this season.

CarterMatt – Is there any one person you blame for your eviction?

Sharry Ash – No, I’m not blaming anyone but myself. It’s the truth. I put myself where I put myself every single day, and I made my own choices. I accept full responsibility of this eviction. I really do.

Why do you think you were evicted over Loveita?

I think I was evicted because I feel like last week when I was having discussions with people, they were telling me that they were starting to find me as a threat in the game socially. That was disappointing because I was having discussions with people and wasn’t trying to run game on anybody. I also feel like Loveita is an easy target, a great shield of protection to ensure their safety.

I think it was ultimately smart to vote me out, because I don’t know when I would’ve been on the block again. My relationships with people were getting stronger and stronger, and this was the time to do it, if they were going to do it.

Who do you think thinks that are playing the smartest game, and could be in for a rude awakening?

I definitely think that Phil and Nick [are], more so Phil because Nick’s not really playing, Phil is the one that’s running things. I think he thinks he is playing the best game, but I don’t think it’s super-successful. He’s very vague when he speaks with me. I don’t know what his relationships are like with everyone else, but everyone keeps telling me that they don’t know where the brothers stand and that it’s a little fishy. That’s a liability that makes them looking good for being put up on the block.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/198411/big-brother-canada-4-exit-interview-sharry-ash/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 11:12:08 PM »
‘I was 100 per cent surprised’: The second evictee of the season comes as another shock on Big Brother Canada

In yet another surprise eviction for anyone who is not a dedicated ogler of the live feeds, the Big Brother Canada housemates chose to eliminate Toronto’s Sharry Ash in an 11 to 1 vote, saving Loveita Adams, who, in a moment of delicious justification, went on to win Head of Household in the same night.

Early fan favourite Loveita spent the week in the hot seat, paying the price for her time as Head of Household and putting the beloved Kelsey up for eviction. Unfortunately for Loveita, Kelsey was ultimately saved from elimination, and with her army of crushes behind her, came ready to steal Loveita’s throne this week.

As the second HoH of the season, Jared proved to be head-over-heels in loyalty with Kelsey, but while Loveita was pegged to go home, especially after narrowly losing the Veto competition to floater Christine, in a shock twist, the house banded together to have her stay.

We caught up with Sharry post-eviction to find out if there are any hard feelings, and if Nikki Grahame and Tim Dormer, the house’s new international guests, are as cringe-worthy inside the house as they seem outside.

Q: You and Loveita had quite the fanbase just two weeks into the game. Are you surprised by that?

A: Oh my god, wow. I wasn’t sure how people would take to us, because I know everyone loves drama and we were trying our best to play clean. So I love that.

Q: Your efforts to stay clean don’t seem to have paid off. Why do you think that is?

A: I think when I was campaigning, people saw me as a threat. They saw Loveita as an easy target, and figured if they vote me out now, they’ll be safe next week. But I think everyone was forgetting about the HoH, and who would win that after all of that. It was definitely disappointing, but it was a good move for them to take me out, because I was a threat.

Q: Were you surprised, or had you guessed that things had tipped in Loveita’s direction before the eviction?

A: I was 100 per cent surprised that the entire house voted me out, yes! I did have discussions with people in that time, and I could see that some were leaning towards keeping Loveita, especially Joel, who is very close to her.

Q: Nikki was the sole vote for you to stay. Was she left out of the loop, or do you think it was a game tactic for her?

A: We have a very good relationship, but Nikki and Tim had not been partaking in the game this week, so they agreed to split their vote, which was so great of them, and they stuck with that plan.

Q: You’ve said that you felt like the other house guests were afraid of your game. Did allying with Loveita put a bigger target on your back?

A: Individually, everyone had their reasons to evict me. But allying with Loveita put me in a position where I ended up on the block. I felt like I was the only person she could talk to and connect with. She could tell me about missing her friends and her boyfriend, so we had this relationship that was isolated from all of the game play, too. We connected.

Q: In a major moment for the season so far, Loveita won HoH right after your eviction. Are you rooting for her?

A: Oh my god, honestly, I knew it would happen before I was evicted! It sounds strange, but I felt this energy in the house that something huge was going to happen and shake everything up. I am over the moon. I want her to learn from this week and last and use that, because right now, she can dominate and change things up. She needs to put herself out there and really build relationships, but not too openly. She could really rally the house right now against you-know-who.

Q: How has the dynamic been with Kelsey, who has already been painted as the villain of this season?

A: Jared, Kelsey and Raul are really playing the game in a way where they’re breaking things apart and bullying and disrespecting other people. And that is game play that I don’t like, and Loveita didn’t like. Now she has the opportunity to clean up the house.

Q: Who have they been bullying?

A: Maddy had a run-in with them where she was really hurt about something they said and it opened old wounds. And Loveita definitely didn’t have a very positive relationship with Kelsey. I also didn’t like the way Jared was towards Dallas, pushing him to come clean about the lie. So I’m rooting for Loveita to take this chance to change things up. Go for it, girl.

Q: But do you really think it’s possible to play Big Brother clean?

A: Most definitely. In the first week, no one knows anyone and you have no reason to put anyone on the block. People saw what Loveita and I were trying to do in preventing a monster from being in power, and I think they’ll come to that side now and see that. It’s definitely possible to not lie to people or bully them. This game is based on trust, that’s what’s important between who you play with.

Source:http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/television/i-was-100-per-cent-surprised-the-second-evictee-of-the-season-comes-as-another-surprise-on-big-brother-canada

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 11:06:53 PM »