Big Brother Canada > Big Brother Canada Discussion

BBCAN4 - Raul Manriquez

(1/1)

Reilly Queens:

Funny and social, Raul is here for the experience. He plans to avoid strategizing and just wants to go with the flow.

Hometown: Calgary, AB

Describe yourself in three words:
Sassy, Determined, Funny

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I do not. I’m really bad at making strategies. I usually just go with the flow. If I had a strategy, I’d be changing it all the time. I prefer to just go with the flow of the river. All I know is that I do not want to fall in love because when I fall in love, I forget everything except for the guy I’m in love with. I just want to be with him and do whatever he wants and I lose myself. So, not a good idea for Big Brother Canada.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
My cell phone. I cannot live without my cell phone – I’m a social media fanatic. I’m also always texting. I feel like my phone is my other half.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
Mental. Honestly, I’m not that smart, I’m just pretty. Puzzles and math – no, I can’t do them. I can be athletic. When it comes to it, I’ll fight, get dirty and throw down.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
It would be amazing to win the money but I’m mostly here for the experience. But winning the money would be good too. I’d want to give it to my parents. They’ve given so much to me. I mean, my love is enough but money is nice too! Also I will start a clothing line, and maybe my own reality show. I’ll create a whole brand for myself.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
I think it’s Kenny (BBCAN Season 2). He’s just so hot – I’m all over that. That beard! He’s also my idol – he’s funny and cute and emotional. Even though he didn’t win, I liked how he competed. He left a mark. I wouldn’t ever do what he did and hide that I’m gay though. Look at me – you would be able to tell immediately.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
That it’s multiracial. In Calgary we have every race from around the world. You can try every kind of food, and I’m an explorer - I like to try new things. Canada can make anyone’s dreams come true. I’m originally from Mexico, and while I was there, I used to dream about the very things I’ve been able to achieve, now that I live in Canada. That’s why I love Canada.

Leafsfan.:
https://www.youtube.com/v/X-i3oLJi8sQ

gamerfan09:
I cannot stand him and his Nikki-jealousy isn't pretty.

Plus he keeps saying on the feeds how much he likes Mitch when Mitch already has a life partner like wtf???

Leafsfan.:
‘Big Brother Canada 4’ pre-game exclusive: Can Raul Manriquez find the right style of gameplay?
There are some “Big Brother Canada” contestants who take a while to get us to warm up to them, but at the same time, there are also a few who we find very interesting and fascinating almost right away. Raul Manriquez is one of these said people. He’s got a big personality, he’s funny, he’s interesting, and there really is no one else on the season like him. We were able to figure this out without even having a clue what he looked like during our pre-game interview (it was done over the phone), and by asking him the same questions in the same order we asked them to everyone else.

Check out all of the highlights below!

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.

My name is Raul Manriquez, I’m from Calgary, Alberta, but I am originally from Mexico. I’m 21 years old, and I’m a fashion stylist.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?

Just to have a different experience, to experience having a new family and being stripped down from the world and not having a phone all of the time. Just have a different experience! I don’t know. I feel so blessed that I was selected from so many people.

So what’s your knowledge base? Are you a big fan of the show?

Not really. My first time watching the show was back in Mexico in like 2006 or 2007. I was like ‘this was a great show, I wish I was a part of it.’ Then I came here, and I started watching season 1. My dad hated it, and I just watched it on and off. I’m a fan because it’s so much fun, but I’m not a really big follower of the show.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?

I’m a little crazy; I’m always doing something funny, and when there’s a problem or drama, I’m really good with comebacks. Most of them are funny. I love revenge. (Laughs.) I’m really outgoing. I think it’s my personality that [will appeal to] Canadian viewers.

Do you have a specific strategy entering the house?

I’m the worst on creating strategy. I don’t have one because I over-think everything. Every time I create one I think of a new one all over again … Instead I’m going into the house with an open mind and go with the flow with my other houseguests and see where it takes me.

What makes you think that you’ll be able to make it all the way to the end and win?

I think the Canadian viewers will love me because while I may be a bit of a b***h, I have a real big heart, and I believe that the public will love that about me. Some people will think of me as a weak person, but I’m really strong and I can defend myself well. Mentally, not at all. I suck at those things. (Laughs.) I can be a threat for sure.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?

Probably love, I believe. Every time I fall in love I lose control of what’s going on and follow the boy, and see what’s going on. That could be my weakness, for sure.

Other than winning the money, what’s the one thing you’re hoping to get out of this experience?

Maybe the ability to share this with other people who wouldn’t be able to get this opportunity. I want to make other people happy! I want to experience that happiness with friends and family.

In closing, what do you want to say to Canada? Why should they be excited to see you this season?

Because I’m like this little crazy fashionista Mexican guy who likes to do different things and is super-outgoing and super happy to be here in Canada and happy to have this opportunity.

Overall impression – Raul is a really nice guy, and we like how open and genuine he came across while also being funny and trying to give good soundbites. It didn’t feel like we were getting the same answers he was giving during casting, which is what it felt like on some other occasions. Can we win? We’re not sure he has the strategic mind for it, but we hope he goes far.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/196382/big-brother-canada-4-pre-game-exclusive-raul-manriquez/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version