Author Topic: Survivor New Zealand: Nicaragua (News, Discussion, Media, CAST)  (Read 2168 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Survivor New Zealand: Nicaragua (News, Discussion, Media, CAST)
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:32:27 PM »
More great news for Survivor fans as New Zealand's TV2 have announced that they will be doing their own version of the show.

Apply here:  http://tvnz.co.nz/survivor-new-zealand/coming-tv2-6448754

This means that in the next year or so, there will be at least 4 English speaking editions of Survivor (2 American, 1 Australian and now 1 from New Zealand).

Good Luck to all applicants (especially those NZ RFF members).

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:08:59 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Re: Survivor NZ - Yes, New Zealand is getting their own version.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »
If only it was The Amazing Race XD
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 11:48:34 PM »
Niiiice. I've never watched a non-American Survivor, so this might be my first time tuning in! :tup:

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 03:35:59 AM »
I can't believe New Zealand is getting Survivor before Canada. I want to play, darn it...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
New Zealand Survivor 2016
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »
I just heard this elsewhere--filming now in Nicaragua!!

But Redmond says it better:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-is-coming-to-new-zealand-9748

Survivor Is Coming To New Zealand

The long-running reality game show Survivor is about to get a New Zealand make-over.

Just months after Channel 10 confirmed the return of Australian Survivor, TVNZ has announced that neighboring country New Zealand will also be debuting their own adaptation of the hit reality series.

In a press release, Andrew Shaw, TVNZ’s General Manager of Commissioning, Production and Acquisitions, said: “Survivor is the big kahuna of reality event television. We couldn’t be more excited to work with Warner Brothers NZ to bring this to life for Kiwis…”

“Do you have what it takes to compete in the ultimate test of endurance, strength and strategy – all in a far-flung tropical location?” That is the question posed to budding castaways on the official application page which are now accepting Kiwis of all ages and from all walks of life.

Details for Survivor New Zealand are rather scarce; there is no information on when the series will begin shooting, where it will film, or who will host the show. It’s also unknown whether TVNZ will make any changes to the traditional American format which has proved successful for 32 seasons. However, in the application terms and conditions it does state that:

“You need to be physically and mentally strong enough to survive in some of the toughest conditions ever experienced. You must be 18 years of age, and available for a period of 10 weeks for the shoot.”

If this information is correct and the series will film over a ten week period, then that would suggest a much longer version than the standard 39 days of the American format.

Written by Martin Holmes

you probably know him better as “Redmond” – the Survivor spoiler.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: New Zealand Survivor 2016
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »
More from Redmond:

Sources reveal the supposed filming location for TVNZ’s new homegrown version of Survivor.

With Australian Survivor set to premiere this month, international versions of Survivor continue to pop up around the globe. TVNZ announced plans back in February to produce a Kiwi edition of Survivor and saw upwards of 8000 New Zealand natives apply to take part in the globally successful adventure reality game show.

According to Stuff.co.nz, industry sources believe that filming of Survivor New Zealand is currently underway in Nicaragua. The Central American location will be familiar to fans of the US version as many seasons have taken place there – Survivor: Nicaragua, Survivor: Redemption Island, Survivor: San Juan Del Sur and Survivor: Worlds Apart. Much like Australian Survivor, who recently filmed in Samoa, the choice to use a previously tried and tested location was most likely intentional to make it easier for the production crew.

More here:

http://insidesurvivor.com/rumored-location-for-survivor-new-zealand-15200
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 05:21:53 PM »
Now, this IS interesting! Like how New Zealand is getting some American shows. Next up for them TAR...
I love reality TV shows

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 11:00:40 PM »
Just an update. Survivor: New Zealand is due to start on May 7th.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 01:46:02 AM »
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/survivor-new-zealand

Where you guys can meet the contestants!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 02:04:51 AM »
I wonder why it has taken so long to air. Is it because the editing process took forever? ???
I love reality TV shows

Custom Search