Author Topic: TAR 29 and beyond PRE-RACE **SPOILERS**  (Read 52212 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:34:17 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29 and beyond **SPOILERS**
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »
Just clarifying. The press Release is misleading in reference to TAR. 2016-2017 covers most shows for a full season extending 2016 into 2017.

For TAR it is different. I am **pretty sure ** that we have definitively been renewed for ONE season (29).

We haven't had a 2 season renewal in a long time, and have this problem with press releases before.

SO for now, let's give thanks for ONE season!!   :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 01:52:32 PM »
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:31:41 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 04:30:30 PM »
Please read my post. Not yet renewed for 30, only 29.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 12:14:37 AM »
Peach, the only problem I have with your theory of what CBS means is that CBS itself has not announced a spring cycle renewal in a long time; its always been more indirect indicators during that time.

And the indicators aren't always there either, such as season 18 and 24 which were returning Racer seasons. And with 11, 18 and 24; that suggests we're about due for another returning racer type season for the spring.

Barring a major wave of terrorism everywhere TAR would normally be  filmed for the spring, personally, I would expect a cycle 30. But that's JMHO. YMMV.

had to fix a typo, i.e., 18, not 28; and to fix that incoherent last sentence.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:33:02 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 12:35:21 AM »
Peach, the only problem I have with your theory of what CBS means is that CBS itself has not announced a spring cycle renewal in a long time; its always been more indirect indicators during that time.

And the indicators aren't always there either, such as season 18 and 24 which were returning Racer seasons. And with 11, 28 and 24; that suggests we're about due for another returning racer type season for the spring.

Barring a major wave of terrorism everywhere TAR might film for the spring, personally, I would expect a cycle 30. But that's JMHO. YMMV.

I would agree with this, we didn't really get any official press releases about spring TARs (TAR26 and 28) being a go from CBS and only when they were about to begin production did we know they were happening?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 03:46:00 AM »

And the indicators aren't always there either, such as season 18 and 24 which were returning Racer seasons. And with 11, 28 and 24; that suggests we're about due for another returning racer type season for the spring.

Barring a major wave of terrorism everywhere TAR might film for the spring, personally, I would expect a cycle 30. But that's JMHO. YMMV.

I would agree with this, we didn't really get any official press releases about spring TARs (TAR26 and 28) being a go from CBS and only when they were about to begin production did we know they were happening?

So my question is, why you would have to think and will have a pre-race speculation thread for TAR 29? It could be getting around 2 months.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:49:40 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 04:01:30 AM »

So my question is, why you would have to think and will have a pre-race speculation thread for TAR 29? It could be getting around 2 months.

Referring to TAR30, not 29 (:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 08:13:25 PM »
I think we are saying the same thing?

Which is EXACTLY what I said. 29 (fall 16) IS renewed. As has been the case for last several years, that implies an "unofficial" renewal for 30 (Spring 17), but NOT a firm renewal..

However, the press release was misleading in including us in saying we had been renewed for 2016 AND 2017. It worked as a blanket statement for all the other "series" show that air Sept-April continuously. BUT our race does not.  I am NOT saying that there will not be a 30...I do believe as always it is "unofficially" planned and should go ahead barring anything catastrophic.

That does not mean that THIS press release confirms 30, however.

And this isn't a "theory".  ;)

RFF's Golden Rule:

reds_kevin

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 05:51:21 AM »

Offline leeyuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2016, 11:52:51 AM »
Ultimate All-Stars season? https://redshopekevin.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/the-amazing-race-ultimate-all-stars/

Pretty sure that's a joke especially considering the last sentence and today's date. God forbid they bring back Keith and Whitney/Jeff and Jackie.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2016, 06:32:03 PM »
Ultimate All-Stars season? https://redshopekevin.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/the-amazing-race-ultimate-all-stars/

Pretty sure that's a joke especially considering the last sentence and today's date. God forbid they bring back Keith and Whitney/Jeff and Jackie.

The latter made it on Big Brother so who knows? :lol:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 06:49:37 PM »

reds_kevin and redshopekevin seem to close to be a coincidence. It's got to be an April Fools joke. Especially with the RFF reference. Well done, reds_kevin!

:hoot:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
With “American Idol” signing off the air this week, the “Race” overtakes one of the iconic shows of all time — you were on-air before them — and still on-air after them. How do you feel about twin milestones of being picked up for another season and seeing one of the reality shows from our generation sign off?
We feel very fortunate to be on CBS, and we truly appreciate all of our wonderful fans, who continue to watch the show season after season.
We love producing “The Amazing Race” and everyone on our team works extremely hard to make each season better than the last. It’s always sad to see other shows go off the air, but we hope to keep “The Amazing Race” going for many more years.

Source:http://www.thewrap.com/amazing-race-producer-on-breakup-of-brodie-blair-showmance-latest-tricky-team-tasks-exclusive/

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »
With “American Idol” signing off the air this week, the “Race” overtakes one of the iconic shows of all time — you were on-air before them — and still on-air after them. How do you feel about twin milestones of being picked up for another season and seeing one of the reality shows from our generation sign off?
We feel very fortunate to be on CBS, and we truly appreciate all of our wonderful fans, who continue to watch the show season after season.
We love producing “The Amazing Race” and everyone on our team works extremely hard to make each season better than the last. It’s always sad to see other shows go off the air, but we hope to keep “The Amazing Race” going for many more years.

Source:http://www.thewrap.com/amazing-race-producer-on-breakup-of-brodie-blair-showmance-latest-tricky-team-tasks-exclusive/

The Amazing Race is definitely one of the greatest TV-show inventions. It is through this show that fuelled my passion for travelling.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 07:43:10 AM »
TAR29's fate... that is, when and/or where it will air will be revealed Wednesday, May 18 at CBS' upfront presentation. 

Any last minute guesses as to whether TAR stays on Fridays or if it will premiere later in the season instead of the Fall, etc?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 08:10:09 AM »
TAR29's fate... that is, when and/or where it will air will be revealed Wednesday, May 18 at CBS' upfront presentation. 

Any last minute guesses as to whether TAR stays on Fridays or if it will premiere later in the season instead of the Fall, etc?

Another public start?

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 08:11:32 AM »

Another public start?
A second themed season in a row? I'm so disappointed.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2016, 08:14:42 AM »

Another public start?

You don't understand the question, do you? =P

dryedmangoez meant the TAR29 scheduling. If we're staying on Fridays or Sundays.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2016, 08:22:10 AM »

Another public start?

You don't understand the question, do you? =P

dryedmangoez meant the TAR29 scheduling. If we're staying on Fridays or Sundays.

Oh lol. I must've overlooked at the "when and where" portion.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2016, 10:13:14 AM »
For TAR 29, Elise Doganieri promises "we have a fantastic cast lined up, exciting new places and challenges, and a new twist like you have never seen before."

http://www.thewrap.com/amazing-race-producer-dishes-on-season-finale-28-as-winner-is-crowned-exclusive/

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 10:15:53 AM »
Well, concept too is also something that can be discussed here.  And I just read Elise's interview with The Wrap and she says this about next season:

Ah Plaidmoon! You just beat me to it! lol
For TAR 29, Elise Doganieri promises "we have a fantastic cast lined up, exciting new places and challenges, and a new twist like you have never seen before."

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
Well, concept too is also something that can be discussed here.  And I just read Elise's interview with The Wrap and she says this about next season:

Ah Plaidmoon! You just beat me to it! lol

Sorry about that! People are fast around here. That's a good article. It's not long, but worth checking out

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »
Interesting... they were finding singles earlier this year, but since we've already seen Blind Date/Hybrid teams on the show it couldn't be that?

Very interested though at what they mean by "new places" and the twist. Hopefully the twist isn't anything awful like a U-Turn before a Detour on TAR27 (wtf).

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 10:27:05 AM »
I'm excited for the new twist! :hoot: