Author Topic: TAR 29 and beyond PRE-RACE **SPOILERS**  (Read 52201 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 29 and beyond PRE-RACE **SPOILERS**
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »
Let's try to keep this to serious discussion and actual spoilers please.

Thanks!!  :spy:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:06:03 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline scott14

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 29 and beyond **SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:13:07 PM »
Amazing Race 29 casting teams of strangers, but not blind dates

For the 29th season of The Amazing Race, I’ve learned that casting producers have been searching for some single people who will be paired with random strangers, but not as blind dates.

Five of the 11 teams on TAR 26 were blind date couples created by the producers; the rest of the cast were pre-existing couples. Amazing Race is currently casting for couples who know each other, so this may be another season that has some teams of people with pre-existing relationships, and some teams formed to create drama.

The show’s official casting web site says:

“We are looking for TEAMS of TWO – all types of relationships (does NOT have to be a dating couple) AND SINGLES (ready for the blind date of a lifetime!)”

But some in the casting process were told explicitly they were not being cast for “the blind date of a lifetime,” but instead would be matched with a non-romantic partner.

For example, and I’m making these up, a grandmother might be paired with a college student, or a lesbian with a straight man.

Finals casting is scheduled for March, and of course, a cast is always in flux until it’s locked. The composition of the cast may change, and it’s possible they will abandon this particular type of pairing, or double-down on it. Either way, it’s again shifting from The Amazing Race‘s original concept of casting teams of people who already had some kind of relationship.

I’m told that the show took preliminary cast to network executives last week, and the show will be filmed in July.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/02/amazing-race-29-casting-blind-dates-plus-singles-strangers/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 12:55:07 PM »
One of the problems historically from the beginning has been finding teams of two with some sort of pre-existing relationship that can afford the time off to film a season. While the main time period has been cut by a week, there's still the need for time off during the casting phase and the need for time off if cast, for media in the week or two of the premiere, elimination and the finale. Hence, the need for these casting variations which may or may not work.

I'm not sure casting an entire group of strangers is necessarily a good idea; testing a relationship has always been part of the show, but I have to wonder if this was prompted by the fact that the blind dating teams ended up as a grup doing better than the dating teams in season 27.

At this point I 'd happily like having a season of celebrities with a co-worker, family member, mentors, and significant others, all pre-existing, and with no concessions to lifestyles of the famous. First, I bet a lot of them would be willing to do it,, just to prove they can, and second, if cast correctly, upi'll find a lot of celes who actually are real people. It'd be better than a cast of 22 strangers.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »
Either way, it’s again shifting from The Amazing Race‘s original concept of casting teams of people who already had some kind of relationship.
This is what I don't like about the idea :(
And season 26 turned out to be quite great, but still I'd rather see a regular season with an ordinary cast.

All of this reminds me of the era when Survivor would always use returnees to a certain degree in almost every season (S20-27) and people were complaining (both casuals and not) about the lack of full-newbie seasons. Now I feel a similar way about TAR.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 02:08:08 PM »
a lesbian with a straight man.
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »
I will say that this information is accurate as far as I know, in that I also heard "blind" teams last month.

A "Finals" was held in LA the first week of Feb I believe.

I heard something slightly different on the casting  though. What I heard was not as random as what Andy was apparently told. My info suggested more of a season of teams who did not know each other previously, not "blind daters", but people who perhaps at least had something in common. For example only, perhaps a team of law enforcement (Police +Firefighter?), a military team (Army +Navy?), a sports team (football vs baseball), etc. There could be dozens of variations.

Sigh.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:46:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »
Does This mean S29 is confirmed or are we still not sure whether it will continue?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »
Could be a bit chaotic but I think it's something that would be interesting.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »
Filming in July :o per the article. :o Interesting
I'm thinking they would do 1ff 1mm and 1mf team resulting from the singletons not the whole cast but it is definitely an interesting concept

One of the problems historically from the beginning has been finding teams of two with some sort of pre-existing relationship that can afford the time off to film a season. While the main time period has been cut by a week, there's still the need for time off during the casting phase and the need for time off if cast, for media in the week or two of the premiere, elimination and the finale. Hence, the need for these casting variations which may or may not work.

I'm not sure casting an entire group of strangers is necessarily a good idea; testing a relationship has always been part of the show, but I have to wonder if this was prompted by the fact that the blind dating teams ended up as a grup doing better than the dating teams in season 27.

At this point I 'd happily like having a season of celebrities with a co-worker, family member, mentors, and significant others, all pre-existing, and with no concessions to lifestyles of the famous. First, I bet a lot of them would be willing to do it,, just to prove they can, and second, if cast correctly, upi'll find a lot of celes who actually are real people. It'd be better than a cast of 22 strangers.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 03:20:47 AM »
Filming in July :o per the article. :o Interesting
I'm thinking they would do 1ff 1mm and 1mf team resulting from the singletons not the whole cast but it is definitely an interesting concept

July? Sounds interesting. Maybe there could be a chance for mid/late-June film start as the summer in the Northern Hemisphere and winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 04:02:27 AM »
Maybe it would've been somewhat better if they do this 10 seasons after. I don't miss the concept from TAR26 yet, but I don't really hate this concept.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 05:51:42 AM »
It's ok, but I hope it's not all the teams like these. Maybe like TAR26. Half normal teams, half paired teams. I miss a season without themes, just 11 teams around the world, like the first ones. xD
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 02:34:50 AM »
I didn't mind TAR26 but it was more the locations and tasks (particularly in the second half) that made it a good season. I am just hoping for good locations and tasks, no matter the cheesy theme they do.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 10:10:19 AM »
Back to spoilers please...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 05:49:47 PM »
I will say that this information is accurate as far as I know, in that I also heard "blind" teams last month.

I heard something slightly different on the casting  though. What I heard was not as random as what Andy was apparently told. My info suggested more of a season of teams who did not know each other previously, not "blind daters", but people who perhaps at least had something in common. For example only, perhaps a team of law enforcement (Police +Firefighter?), a military team (Army +Navy?), a sports team (football vs baseball), etc. There could be dozens of variations.

Sigh.

Do you know if there will be also "normal" teams? TY

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 10:22:11 AM »
No spec for the possible future location so far?

Will some overdue countries like South Korea/Australia/New Zealand and underused countries like Ireland/Iceland/Finland finally get the chance to be visit?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:27:37 AM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline doctor.nguyencaonhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 10:53:49 AM »
Is there a probability that they will visit Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam for this season? They haven't been to Ho Chi Minh City since season 15

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
Is there a probability that they will visit Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam for this season? They haven't been to Ho Chi Minh City since season 15

Vietnam would be great but I want Central Vietnam, so maybe both? Central Vietnam hasn't been visited since S3 - Hue, Hoi An & Da Nang

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 05:43:13 PM »
No locations are known, production is prob beginning to work on that now.

No one knows if this all mixed teams or not... my HOPE would be NO, my GUESS would be ...maybe. :dunno:

Please take wishlists to that thread. This is for spoilers and their discussion ONLY. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 12:03:02 AM »

Sigh.

Define normal here.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 03:36:59 AM »

Sigh.

Define normal here.

:hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, ghmorello!

Normal teams, iinm, are teams with everyday people, not famous racers, not themed teams. (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Offline leeyuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »

Back to the drawing board? I can't imagine that it's casting for Survivor since that should have been completed a while ago.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 08:18:25 PM »
It is for another show, not TAR.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 07:17:37 AM »
When will they start filming?
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 09:55:36 AM »

This new season will film  for 30 days sometime between May and August,

My guess is late June/early July start.
RFF's Golden Rule: