Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 18908 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
It was really good idk what yall were watching! Next week looks promising too. The editing is SO much better.
I don't normally complain about this but I was disappointed at the lack of Phil/team placements even though they were able to fit 9/11 last episode. Oh well.

But I was really happy they included some airport footage! We barely saw any last season...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
I must say, Tyler & Korey are proving to be a lot more likable than I expected :)

I predicted Tyler to be the most "Joey-like" because he's the biggest name. Seems to be Cole filling that role.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY

I didn't like the editing. It was a compilation of teams doing parts of the task, but as a Casual Viewer™ I didnt know who was near to finishing, or who was close and whatnot. I just saw a bunch of teams finish in groups within 20 seconds. I must have blinked when Sheri finished because I got blindsided when Blair and her Daddy finished in 9th..

Anyways, I'm meh.

Sheri is still my favorite, but she spoke like one sentence so I was on my phone during most parts.

I love Scott and Blair. Scott is my 2nd fave racer and Blair is a lulzy wreck. Packs a hair salon but only packs thongs for water challenges. Also she was very helpful in keeping me updated in who left when, and who just arrived. Bless her. #Kisses4Pesos

Marty & Hagan were robbed. Now the season outlook is turning bleak in their absence. The editors were not nice.

Jessica & Brittany were glam. They were being such business entrepreneurs scouting out locations for their next photoshoot! Remarkable.

Yellow is ok. I suppose. Idk them. I liked Erin/Joslyn, and the Rachel girl. Brodie is better this week! But his friend kinda sucks.

Dancers are annoying. Please be next boot after the other people in dark red.

Brothers - season ruiners.. Whatever episode they get booted in i will jump for joy.

Tyler - why do they name drop him in every confessional? I didn't know that annoying thing who got 2nd last season was back as a tar editing device to feature in every ep. ovr it over it.

Overall - episode dominated by red. ppl in blue/green got 0 screentime. i dont have much to say about anybody because this ep bored me. save my soul. when does bbcan4 start? (:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tyler - why do they name drop him in every confessional? I didn't know that annoying thing who got 2nd last season was back as a tar editing device to feature in every ep. ovr it over it.

:lol: <3

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Strong first two legs!!

Hope another great leg pop up next week
what might have been

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
It's sad that one person didn't know that emeralds are green. She must not have had the big box of crayons when she was young.

Scott seems to be racing with Fred (Amy Acker) from "Angel."

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
I absolutely love this season I'm enjoying it so much loved this episode definitely better for me than last four seasons  :funny:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
This season is SO GOOD!
I absolutely love every single team.
I'm gonna stop watching The Amazing Race's Facebook page because fans on there are like... well, I'm not gonna say anything because... shame.

I'm so sad for Marty & Hagan. They fought a lot to stay on the race, and they were the most "normal" team because they are not internet celebrities like the others. I wouldn't mind to see them again on a returning players season.

TAR 28 >>>>>>>> TAR 27.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
After rewatching the episode…

:funny: at Blair bringing fashion stuff to the race but not the essential stuff like swimwear. :groan:

The flight drama was somehow fun to watch. I haven't seen one on quite a long time. ??? If Marty & Hagan had gotten on the 2nd flight instead, I think they would've survived. Meanwhile, if Scott & Blair were on the 3rd flight, I think they could be out. Blair was lucky Rachel could lend her something. I'm pretty sure Darius or Cameron can't do the same. :funny:

The detour was cultural and fun to watch, especially with 11 teams! :luvya: :hearts: :hrt:

The roadblock shuffled some placements; also fun to watch. :cheer: :conf: :trampb:

The intense fight for last was also fun to watch. Darius & Cameron made so many mistakes this leg, but Marty & Hagan's one mistake was more costly. :( I really wish I could see them race further or see them back in another season; both of which are doubtedly possible. :(

I don't find any of the teams annoying… yet? :lol: All the teams seem really likable to me. Tyler & Korey proved themselves to be a threat. They seem stronger than I expected. Dana & Matt were more inconsistent this leg. It's obviously shown when Dana said she has a hot personality. :lol: I thought they'd be dominating the whole race like Justin & Diana or Misti & Jim, but it's actually a good thing they're not. Brittany & Jessica lost their lead again. It happened last leg when they were 1st to Phil but last to the detour. This time, they finished the detour in 5th, but got to the pit stop in 7th. If they lose their lead again next leg, I'd probably classify them as weak. ??? I really think Scott & Blair would've been eliminated had they not gotten on the 2nd flight. ??? With their mistakes at the detour, having to do a speedbump, and the mistake of not bringing a swimwear could've cost them the race. They were just lucky the last team was almost an hour behind them.

Brittany & Jessica and Sheri & Cole were 2 of the most invisible teams this leg, but their invisibility is not that serious. (Under the radar?) Anyway, that means every team got enough screentime to be recognized, and with 11 teams racing, that's just great! :luvya: :hearts: :conf: :cheer: :trampb: :hrt: :hoot: :yess: :wohoo: :bunny

Overall, this is the best episode of the season so far. :wohoo: There was enough culture shown, even though it gives some sort of Indonesian vibe on some parts. We have 11 teams racing the 2nd leg, on a country never visited by TAR before, with frequent shuffling of placements, and enough flight, task, and mistake drama.  This episode was so good it inspired me to continue working on my fanfic. :hrt:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Moved to a more proper thread.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:23:37 AM by Platrium »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
After rewatching the episode…

:funny: at Blair bringing fashion stuff to the race but not the essential stuff like swimwear. :groan:

The flight drama was somehow fun to watch. I haven't seen one on quite a long time. ??? If Marty & Hagan had gotten on the 2nd flight instead, I think they would've survived. Meanwhile, if Scott & Blair were on the 3rd flight, I think they could be out. Blair was lucky Rachel could lend her something. I'm pretty sure Darius or Cameron can't do the same. :funny:

The detour was cultural and fun to watch, especially with 11 teams! :luvya: :hearts: :hrt:

The roadblock shuffled some placements; also fun to watch. :cheer: :conf: :trampb:

The intense fight for last was also fun to watch. Darius & Cameron made so many mistakes this leg, but Marty & Hagan's one mistake was more costly. :( I really wish I could see them race further or see them back in another season; both of which are doubtedly possible. :(

I don't find any of the teams annoying… yet? :lol: All the teams seem really likable to me. Tyler & Korey proved themselves to be a threat. They seem stronger than I expected. Dana & Matt were more inconsistent this leg. It's obviously shown when Dana said she has a hot personality. :lol: I thought they'd be dominating the whole race like Justin & Diana or Misti & Jim, but it's actually a good thing they're not. Brittany & Jessica lost their lead again. It happened last leg when they were 1st to Phil but last to the detour. This time, they finished the detour in 5th, but got to the pit stop in 7th. If they lose their lead again next leg, I'd probably classify them as weak. ??? I really think Scott & Blair would've been eliminated had they not gotten on the 2nd flight. ??? With their mistakes at the detour, having to do a speedbump, and the mistake of not bringing a swimwear could've cost them the race. They were just lucky the last team was almost an hour behind them.

Brittany & Jessica and Sheri & Cole were 2 of the most invisible teams this leg, but their invisibility is not that serious. (Under the radar?) Anyway, that means every team got enough screentime to be recognized, and with 11 teams racing, that's just great! :luvya: :hearts: :conf: :cheer: :trampb: :hrt: :hoot: :yess: :wohoo: :bunny

Overall, this is the best episode of the season so far. :wohoo: There was enough culture shown, even though it gives some sort of Indonesian vibe on some parts. We have 11 teams racing the 2nd leg, on a country never visited by TAR before, with frequent shuffling of placements, and enough flight, task, and mistake drama.  This episode was so good it inspired me to continue working on my fanfic. :hrt:

Indonesian Vibe?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Indonesian Vibe?

The place could look like Indonesia in a way. There's beach, the village, mud, etc. It reminds me of Indonesia in a way. ???

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
This season is SO GOOD!
I absolutely love every single team.
I'm gonna stop watching The Amazing Race's Facebook page because fans on there are like... well, I'm not gonna say anything because... shame.

I'm so sad for Marty & Hagan. They fought a lot to stay on the race, and they were the most "normal" team because they are not internet celebrities like the others. I wouldn't mind to see them again on a returning players season.

TAR 28 >>>>>>>> TAR 27.

I agree with everything you just said I'm so into this season I love it and Facebook fans - I just gave up on them they dont seem reasonable enough for me and if the ratings hold tonight I'll gladly post that info there  :funny:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Just rewatched.... And it was hell good....

The Rb was good but the star was the detour... Provided massive mess and drama and really worth to watch.... Also airport drama <333 and mistakes drama at the end of the leg :( ...

So far:
Leg 1: A-
Leg 2: A-

And my top 3 favorite teams this season:
1. Sheri and Cole (super fun and glam team...)
2. Zach and Rachel
3. Scott and Blair (Blair glamness is undeniable :lol: )
what might have been

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Indonesian Vibe?

I see what you mean now  :funny: and after thinking about it these countries are hugely different strikingly similar at the same time!  :colors

The place could look like Indonesia in a way. There's beach, the village, mud, etc. It reminds me of Indonesia in a way. ???

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
This Season is blowing me away.  I honestly never expected it to be half this good, especially after how poor last Season was.  ???

Where to even start? ..... Blair!! Lets start with Blair! :lol:  She's just amazing.  Loved the pre-intro scene of her and her Hairdryer.  It seemed more like an Insider Clip, so it was really nice to see put in the actual episode.  And then we got a FULL Intro!  :yess:

Loved the whole Airport drama.  It seemed like there was quite a bit of time dedicated to the it - I can't even remember the last time we got this much Airport screen time this early on?  ???

The Roadblock was good, though it could've been very linear.  Thank God for Dana not knowing her colours.  :funny:   And Blair not packing a swimsuit?  I watched the video she uploaded telling us what all she packed, and I distinctly remember her saying she packed a bathing suit incase there would be water challenges?  Unless she dumped it in favour of her Hairdryer when she was lightening her load so to speak.  :funny:
The Detour was better though.  It shuffled some placements, and I loled at Rachel asking Zach if they should be setting up beside a Truck with Music.  :lol:

Didn't care for the Speedbump however.  It seemed reeeeeaaaaally easy.  But I'm glad, because had it been any harder we may have seen Scott & Blair eliminated.  :iok

Finally, Bravo to the editing team for this Leg.  :<3  Based on the entire edit, I was certain Cam & Darius would be eliminated.  It was the most obvious form of Foreshadowing I've ever seen.  All the talk of how smart they are, and the comment "We've got this in the bag", all hinted towards their downfall, so when they survived my mind was blown.  The entire episode, I was so annoyed at the editors, thinking they made it extremely obvious who would be eliminated, but NO, I was sooooooo wrong. :wohoo:

I liked Marty & Hagan, and they had a really unlucky elimination, but I really like Cam & Darius.  I don't get why so many people dislike them?  They haven't done anything to warrant all the hate.  And what about their jump in airtime between this week and last week?  Glad too see it.  :hoot:

Overall another great Leg.  I only hope they can keep this pace up.  Looking forward to hopefully another great Leg next week.  I just hope it's not another S27 Leg 3, where there's no hope for the last place teams catching up.  :groan:  :gaah:

Team Ranking:
LOVE: Scott & Blair, Cameron & Darius
Like: Sheri & Cole, Marty & Hagan, Zach & Rachel, Burnie & Ashley
Neutral: Tyler & Korey, Erin & Joslyn, Brittany & Jessica, Matt & Dana
Dislike: Brodie & Kurt
HATE: ---
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline LadyMarmalade

• RFF Not So Newbie
It's sad that one person didn't know that emeralds are green. She must not have had the big box of crayons when she was young.

Scott seems to be racing with Fred (Amy Acker) from "Angel."
There are multiple colors of emeralds.  Dana was only confused because she was the first person to find a gem.  No one knew if there were fake ones or not.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Blair def packed a swimsuit. Whether she had it at the mud is the question.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TXzWmTXz2uI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TXzWmTXz2uI</a> ~7:50

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Maybe it's a thong :funny:

Kisses for Pesos should've been title quote for next week.
Just.. People need to see this again.

Yey Tyler is running for 2 teams! :cheer:
I must repeat that I also expected to see Tyler camwhoring and not be as likeable as he is.

flight drama on 2nd leg  :o

The last time was TAR 21 right?
Loved the episode for this especially!
But I have to say that overall I'm REALLY enjoying this season!! I can't remember the last time I was enjoying TAR this much!! :wohoo: Probably during the end-race of TAR26, but anyway, this cast is really diverse and proving to be more likeable than expected! Erin & Joslyn grew on me this episode and Brodie wasn't really annoying. :tup:
The placement shuffling was great and I was extremely happy with the editing this episode - I don't know how they managed to do it, since there was both a detour and a roadblock that were given a significant amounts of airtime, there was a lot of airport drama, there was also a speedbump and a great display of a fight for last place. LOTS of action, but everything was included and we really got to know the teams and their attitudes during all of this, too! :hoot: So this episode is definitely a lesson for the future and I hope it's a lesson that's been learned after the disastrous editing of TAR27.

EDIT: forgot to mention, probably the only things I hated this episode were to do with Phil. :groan: He didn't mention a lot of placements and OH GOSH HOW I HATE THOSE UNNECESSARY LIVE BROADCASTING STAND-UPS :groan:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:14:51 PM by Marionete »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon! In her recap (see her thread) she says she dumped half her stuff before leg 2...so maybe she didn't have it?  :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Even if you had to sacrifice stuff, your swimsuit? Really? Luckily she had the kindness of the Clevver girls!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Even if you had to sacrifice stuff, your swimsuit? Really? Luckily she had the kindness of the Clevver girls!
:funny:
Also, it was Rachel, not the Clevver girls.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is this the 1st time we had a flight drama with 11 teams? If so, that's really awesome! :hearts:

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member

Yes, that is what she said she had.  :groan:
She apparently thought a thong was okay to wear on a TV show, but NOT okay to wear it in front of her father.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Yes, that is what she said she had.  :groan:
She apparently thought a thong was okay to wear on a TV show, but NOT okay to wear it in front of her father.

Oh right! :ascared
:lol:
She didn't even think about it before the race? :wtf: