Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 1 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 18599 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Ep 1 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST *read Post 1*
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »
I noticed a new font for team names below of screen and hashtag is replaced! Microgamma is back!
I prefer bank gothic, and I didn't notice if there was an airplane animation between the first and second lines of text. ??? If there was none, I want that back.
I prefer Bank Gothic too. Maybe it's because you hasn't been used to that font.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 28 Ep 1 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST *read Post 1*
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2016, 10:49:30 AM »

P.S. What did the dancers win? I don't remember any travelocity commercials.

Unshown but $$$$. Would have been nice to see. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
I don't really get the hype. :hides
Some people are very irritating. I find the frisbee players too loud, the clevver girls seem insincere and camwhorey, but the models are just :tantrum There's nothing about them that I find fascinating or interesting, and they're presented as such stereotypes.. I hated the cockpit scene with them - why were they even allowed in there?

Another major drawback was the overall edit. As the seasons progress and the show moves forwards, it keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. I still remember the around UB-era intros and how slick they were. This season's intro is especially cringeworthy.. :iok (Not really OK, actually.) The introduction seemed like an entirely different show - the 11 little windows upon the start of the race just irked me for some reason and reminded me of those shows where people get their houses redecorated in a few days. Also worth mentioning is that I liked the social media theme idea more on paper than I do now, having watched the premiere. It really gives the show a different feel, even though I don't agree with the facebookers shouting "give us normal people" - this cast DOES consist of normal people, there's just too much emphasis on their "professions" and all of the subscriber, view count stuff.

Now let's get down to the positives. :) I REALLY enjoy the other 8 teams, even though we got undeservingly little of Darius & Cam and didn't really get to know them. Sheri & Cole are a total package for any television show. Sheri is an extremely interesting character and I believe she will grow a lot as the race progresses. They are my favourites :<3 Blair is extremely hilarious and reminds me of Hayley. Though she can get annoying at times, like the latter :lol: I tend to always root for FF teams and this season I only like Marty & Hagan out of all of them, so I realy hope to see them get more screentime! What else... Burnie & Ashley and Zach & Rachel are very likable and I also hope to see a lot more of them!

The tasks were pretty amazing, especially considering this was the first leg. Loved having a roadblock AND a detour, but the HoO was very unnecessary. :( I realise they probably couldn't have gone into the caves at night, but then they could've started the leg earlier, had the RB first and maintained a night-time detour (appropriate for the fireworks). ;) Still, I really enjoyed how it all played out. The placement shifts were awesome! And it's too bad Cam & Darius' improvement didn't get any recognition :umn:

Ugh, I've most definitely forgotten something, but I've already written twice the text I planned to.
I'm actually thinking of binge watching the entire season in April/May... :spy:

Well, it's not too relevant, as it's not a Travelocity ad, plus we spared some time so see sth more interesting.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »

Matt confirmed on twitter they both got $2K each!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2016, 09:42:08 PM »

Matt confirmed on twitter they both got $2K each!

I'm still disappointed that there's no EP. :( It slowly faded as the seasons went on, and I feared this day would come. :torche RIP EP (TAR17-27) … Or maybe it will be back in a future leg. :hoot: I'm still hoping.

EP or not though, they should've revealed the prize. (:;) The blame is on the editing for this.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 08:36:14 AM »
FINALLY a leg 01 with both a Detour and a Roadblock. I didn't really like the fact that after the departure times there was only a Roadblock and the Pitstop, giving too much weight to a mistake or to a cab driver's mistake.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2016, 08:59:13 AM »
FINALLY a leg 01 with both a Detour and a Roadblock. I didn't really like the fact that after the departure times there was only a Roadblock and the Pitstop, giving too much weight to a mistake or to a cab driver's mistake.

Yet the roadblock jumbled the positions a lot???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 10:26:32 AM »

Additionally, they did that often in earlier seasons. :grins: It brings the classical feeling of TAR. :luvya:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 10:56:31 AM »

Sort of, yet I would have loved an ARI before PS, as the Empanadas in Argentina in the first leg, for example. Just my thoughts, but yeah, it was a nice RB, which seemed very linear and flops made it completely fun to watch with people going 4-5 times to grab more pieces, and poor Scott had to walk outside the cave to find the pieces he lost lmfao

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 05:34:32 PM »
I really wanted they gave Marty & Hagan a little bit more screentime after Marty's hand bled like Phil asking her about that at the Pitstop  :(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2016, 03:37:29 AM »
I really wanted they gave Marty & Hagan a little bit more screentime after Marty's hand bled like Phil asking her about that at the Pitstop  :(
Yeah, it came out of nowhere and disappeared just as swiftly.
But I was even more surprised at no recognition of Darius & Cam's jump from last to 4th. ???

I get that the premiere was packed with things to show, but an extra half a minute could have been spared for the above scenes in place of some detour footage/Sheri & Cole airtime/Jess & Britt airplane scene (sorry, that's just IMO, as probably lots of you liked the latter).

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2016, 06:21:19 AM »

But I was even more surprised at no recognition of Darius & Cam's jump from last to 4th. ???

I get that the premiere was packed with things to show, but an extra half a minute could have been spared for the above scenes in place of some detour footage/Sheri & Cole airtime/Jess & Britt airplane scene (sorry, that's just IMO, as probably lots of you liked the latter).

Check the Edgic thread for an explanation on that :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2016, 07:49:37 AM »
or the insider vids. There is a nice cameo about that in the taxi.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
Would you give me the link? My browser always lags crazily when I open that thread. :lol:

Check the Edgic thread for an explanation on that :lol:
Yeah, I have, I think your Edgic post reminded me of their unacknowledged feat. I do get the prediction that they are not winning this season, but still, in TAR most teams get visible edits despite not winning and such an achievement should have been mentioned IMO. ???

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »
Finally getting the time to give my opinion on the premiere.

What I Liked:
- A Detour AND RB on the first Leg.  :yess:
- The Leg having both Day & Night.
- FINALLY a Non-Elimination on Leg 1 - We've been waiting 8 Seasons for this.
- An Amazing RB that constantly switched placements.  The HoO was completely cancelled out thanks to it.
- Teams being bunched for the entire Leg.
- Scott & Blair.  :hearts:
- Phil announcing almost all the team placements.  (Although it didn't show them all, it's still a huge improvement, so I'll gladly take it)

What I Disliked:
- The lack of a physical Start Line.  I understand the reasoning behind doing the start the way they did, but it was almost too different.  I would've preferred a proper Start Line location.
- Based on the above point, teams leaving from different parts of the country could've resulted in serious production issues had 1 or 2 flights been delayed or even cancelled.  The HoO kinda cancels this out though.
- The unbalance of the Detour.  Mariachi Madness seems hard on paper, but when put in action, it seemed so much easier, and way faster than the Firework side.

What I HATED:
- The lazy editing of the first 5 - 10 minutes.  It was very confusing.  Even on a second viewing, it was still confusing, and Phil never even said the teams were starting from their own home. 
- Team introductions should've been BEFORE the Intro.  :tantrum
- Brittany & Jessica in the Cock Pit.  I mean HOW DID THEY EVEN GET IN THERE!!!  :groan:
- Darius & Cameron being pretty much left off the show.  It felt like the majority of the teams had an even balance of airtime, except them.  :gaah:
- How the "Season Preview" at the end of the episode sort of spoiled the Season! Just to be clear, I never looked near the spoiler section for any of this Season, so I'm totally clueless on how the race has went, but from watching the Preview I can kinda figure out how far some teams have gone.  WHY DO YOU DO THIS CBS??  :gaah:

Team Ranking:
LOVE: Scott & Blair
LIKE: Darius & Cameron, Zach & Rachel, Dana & Matt, Sherri & Cole
Neutral: Marty & Hagan, Burnie & Ashley, Erin & Joslyn
Dislike: Brodie & Kurt, Jessica & Brittany, Tyler & Korey
HATE: ---
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2016, 02:06:28 AM »
I wonder if production delivered the start line message at different times to the different teams. For example a team who had to take a connecting flight need time to do that so it makes sense to start them earlier than a team living next to the airport. And since they were artificially bunched in Mexico city it does not really matter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2016, 09:30:51 AM »
I think all the planned flights were scheduled to land amazingly close. They were only held back when one flight was delayed...not sure if that was the luggage issue plane??
RFF's Golden Rule: