Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 1 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 18613 times)

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I enjoyed this episode so much amazing!!
I've got so much to say but i'll just say that this was what I wanted

Agree. Really good premiere episode! Great editing is back, loved the jokes here and there and how much they focused on teams and their interactions. It will be a great season! :hoot:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
A real strong beginning. Agree with MrDS, best in a long time. Hope they keep this level.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That was a surprisingly fun premiere!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Cya all next week :waves:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
great "mess" with great great fun...

Easily best premiere since 22
what might have been

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Really good season opener!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I mentioned this in another topic, but the intro has grown on me already sooo

This premiere gets bonus points for including a Detour AND Roadblock. Not a fan of the HoO but... hey, they used to do HoO's in the middle of first legs in the early seasons, right? Such a good move on TAR's part.

I didn't even know any of the cast beforehand but after watching it, I felt like I knew them. Good cast.

I wonder how this cast would've done on TAR 25 Leg 1's Roadblock, though...

BTW--to those saying that this had better editing than in the past few seasons--that's because the opening scene was literally 3 minutes :lol: and nowadays team introductions are like 15 seconds. So they had a lot of time to fit a Detour, Roadblock, and extra footage of ELEVEN teams into one.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is one of good TAR premiere.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but if it wasn't for Sheri & Cole, the first leg would have been terrible. The tasks were better than the ones in the previous two seasons' premiere, but that's not saying much praise. As with my traditional complaint, the editing made me cringe. There were some teams who were literally given two or three seconds of scene grabbing, doing, and receiving clues like Cameron & Darius. Nothing else from them during the whole leg was outstanding.

As for the good moments, Sheri & Cole for obvious reasons: "Can you play mariachi", "He knows how to play mariachi, we need to find someone who is pretending to play", "10th is just 1st with a zero" :grins:, Scott finding convenient relics under the sun, and the last place taxi race. There are all entertaining moments.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
I loved the premiere. Best one in a while.

Thank God production corrected Brittany's name in the intro.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Can't remember many names. Didn't feel like checking wiki.

Sheri is gonna be the best team this season. So inspirational! Finding a random Mexican with an instrument and being SMART enough to know that they needed someone who wasn't playing and this bystander/man ditching production was clearly a decoy! Her self esteem is low but I know she will surprise herself this race and I'll root for her all the way to the end. Parents who work their whole life and find themselves on CBS reality shows are insta favorites. Her and Cole's matching swimsuits are a must have now. PS Sheri is a massive sweetheart for helping all the teams out <3 Work that winner edit!

Jess & Brit - The other super glam team. Hugging Phil and losing first place! Jessica at the roadblock was exciting. Looking for drums in the dirt even though someone(probably korey or another man) was mocking her made me support these glamazons even further.

Scott & Blair - Obgyn glam. Their intro was kinda scripted(incl. jokes) but they're ok. Loving the doctor dad hiding the fact his daughter makes money making videos and not a real job. Plus him having to look for pieces all around and being the factor that made gamebotgod Erin decide to stay to do the rb, saving better teams.

Erin & Joslyn - Mega gamebot glams. Didn't talk about their youtube life past the intro, instead being glam token mactors being "sneaky" and their dry humour was godly. "You wouldn't know it because his spedometer is broken" <3 Wanting to quit but seeing the old man there making her do the rb .5 seconds later lulz. I love superficial teams like this so I hope they make the final 3.

Marty & Hagan - Marty is very glam and her voice is commanding warrior and her daughter is kinda incompetent but that makes this team glam since Hagan would not get on a reality tv show on her own which makes this token blonde team amazing and I was rooting for them.

THe vine guy - Idr their names because they never spoke them iirc. Or i was texting when they were on screen. I'm not excited for them and I'll probably mix them up with the other yellow teams who if im correct are all "couples"

The dancers - I didn't notice them til they got done first but when Tyler finished the roadblock 2nd trust n believe I followed, subscribed and became their #1 fan so they would get 1st place.

THe gamers - when making this chart I forgot who they were. So i can't tell you anything exciting they did.

The frisbee guys - Would work well in a camp or like tourist job if he ever got one because he has a booming voice and i had to turn down my computer volume.

The brothers - They made an Obama video once and Jill'd their way through this leg despite having a massive comeback I think.

Tyler and his friend - Here to further their careers and sadly I'm not here for it and they need to be dimmed for my enjoyment of superior teams.

P.S. What did the dancers win? I don't remember any travelocity commercials.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Meh...I'm more interested in seeing how anemic the ratings will be tomorrow and future weeks. No connection with this cast.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
I like Sheri but Cole is annoying for me. I want to root for her but then he is there.  :groan:

All the highlights this episode are on Sheri & Cole and Scott & Blair.  Erin & Joslyn, Brodie & Kurt, Matt & Dana, Jessica & Brittany, Zach & Rachel, Burnie & Ashley had their moment. Surprised that Tyler & Korey's edit is not OTT. Marty & Hagan and Darius & Cameron are getting invisible edit.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:46:32 PM by paradoxinee »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
That episode was abysmal. Good thing I have my Season 3 DVDs on hand so I can see what a good Mexico Amazing Race premiere looks like.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
I have to agree that this season's premiere clearly the best premiere since Season 22. :luvya:

I really like the first half of the leg and the editing makes it even better, with the madness on the Detour. Love the mariachi decoy (who successfully fooled Kurt & Brodie on the first time) that makes the Mariachi Madness Detour more exciting to see. I almost hate the task when Kurt & Brodie found the fake player so quickly, but I instantly like it when they got it wrong. :lol: The fireworks Detour also really good, I like the fireworks display. <3

On the second half, the Roadblock looks pretty hard since teams positions are scrambled, even the team on the first group can be in danger of elimination. Love the teams interactions on each other and they're being supportive for each other, even on the other team when they're in danger of elimination as well. But I really hope that they can show their competitive side even more (on a U-Turn, maybe?) :stirtp:

Finally, thank God for the good editing is back! This leg proves that you don't have to make teams do extreme tasks like jumping off from an airplane, bungee jumping, or something else like that to catch viewer's attention on the first leg/episode. Just make the leg culturally relevant, balanced tasks, and pair them with a great editing, and you can make a great first leg! :luvya:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In regards to editing, it still was a mess... but definitely better than what TAR27 did.

The first commercial break felt really contrived and messy tbh. I also wasn't too keen on how they handle Cast Introductions from now on.

But I agree, this leg was surprisingly fun for what may just shape up to be a surprisingly good season. Let's hope for another good episode next week!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I can't deny I yearned for a 90-min premiere. We could have spent so much more time with the cast and the tasks, but still some great moments and a wonderful cast. I actually believe this will be a great season!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
After the title sequence we see a bit of what is supposed to be Tyler/Korey making their way in a cab along a winding road. The trouble...is that it's actually the Jim/Misti cab recycled from the finale of TAR 25.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I knew I had seen that segment before...thank you for clearing that up Slowhatch!  :funny:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
I absolutely loved the premier! Really nice episode, and the best part was the NEL! Oh, and the Detour AND Roadblock.
I know this is gonna be a nice season.
Um, but, no prize for Dana and Matt? No Express Pass this year?
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
The episode is very intense and it is very good  :conf:
The first time since TAR 23 to include more than one proper tasks in Leg 1  :hearts:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I really loved the premier!!  :luvya:

It had a good mix of fun, Itensity and drama.

• Teams getting lost in Mexico City, AT NIGHT!
• The detour :conf:
• The Roadblock  :hearts:
• The race to the finish was also great!

Sheri & Cole  :luvya:

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
An amazing leg! When I first saw the Roadblock, I was a little skeptical of how hard it could actually be, but I was pleasantly surprised. All the teams are great, too!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Before I go through the whole thread and read what I've missed, I'm gonna share my opinions about the leg.

What I like:

I'm glad that instead of the usual 2 flights not arriving at the same time in the first destination, everybody gets to start (almost?) at the same time! :hearts: The last time this happened was in TAR16, but that was unplanned unlike this! :wohoo:

I really like the placement changes throughout the whole race. The models were first to Phil, but last at the detour. They ended up on the last batch to depart after the HoO, but they managed to finish the leg in the middle. :o

Here's another one: Sheri & Cole arrived to Phil last. I remember during the live that they were about 5 minutes or more behind all the teams who arrived in differences of just seconds. When they got to the HoO, they got the first departure time though. :o To continue that, Sheri and Erin were the first ones at the roadblock after the HoO, but they finished towards the end despite being the first few to start. :ascared

Even at the roadblock, the team placements shuffled around, with Kurt & Brodie ending in 5th despite being the first few to start at the roadblock and Darius & Cameron arriving at the pit stop before them despite being at the last batch. It's all so cool, and it makes the race more exciting! :hearts:

I like how the tasks are cultural, and especially since they haven't been to Mexico for 25 seasons iirc, then it's great to see some Mexican culture. :conf:

When was the last time a detour and a roadblock were both present on the first leg? I can't remember, but seeing it this season is great! :yess: :luvya: :trampb:

The intense footrace for first was amazing! :conf: :luvya: :cheer: :hoot: :colors I didn't check this thread nor did I check Wikipedia for spoilers this episode, so watching the footrace was fun! :grins: Same goes for the fight for last. I actually didn't expect Erin & Joslyn to arrive after Sheri & Cole. :ascared

The best part about the pit stop is that it's a non-elimination pit stop. TAR19 was the last time we had one, so I'm really, really glad we got a Leg 1 NEL this time. :yess: :yess: :yess: :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: :conf: :conf: :conf: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :trampb: :trampb: :trampb: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :colors :colors :colors :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :bounce :bounce :bounce :bunny :bunny :bunny

What I don't like:

Where are the team names with the hashtags? :hug?: Even without the hashtags, I'm looking for the team names. :tantrum Some of them suck, but it's where creativity and uniqueness can be shown. Not even the relationship is shown anymore, just those usernames. :(

I like how consistent the team introductions are this time around, unlike last season. What I don't like is that they showed the episode intro first before introducing the teams. By putting my shoes on a casual fan's, I won't even know who these teams are, what they do, etc. It should've been intro of teams before episode intro imo.

I was disappointed with the models' introduction as well. What was shown was them talking about knowing Tyler Oakley only. :crazy: As a person who don't really know these 2 models, I want to know more of their background. I'm pretty sure they said something more that was not shown.  :groan:

I was glad that there was no mention of the EP at the start of the race. I thought this season will be the starting season wherein the mention of the EP being won will be at the time Phil introduces the 1st pit stop. Obviously, I was disappointed with no EP being given to the 1st team. :tantrum Even worse, no prize was mentioned for them. :o :ascared :gaah: :wall: :hammer If they'll be consistent about this throughout the whole race, then it'll be somewhat fine, but I don't like it. :tantrum :groan: (:;)

I'm glad the 4-hour penalty didn't happen this time. It just showed that Erin has a plan to quit, and I don't like it.

Second worst thing about this episode (first being the no mention of leg prize), it was crammed. The chaos after meeting Phil was so hard to fathom. I was confused during that montage. Aside from that, the roadblock look rushed. I wanted to see more drama and problems teams encountered from that task. It's sad for me how they didn't do a 2-hour or 90-minute premiere this season. :(

The one thing I'm quite neutral about:

I like the detour. It was cultural and fun, but it was imbalanced. :umn: I don't like imbalanced detours, but after analyzing the detour, the mariachi one requires patience and is less fun than the other detour. Meanwhile, the bulls detour was more fun than the other detour, but it took more time despite it being the finishable kind of task.

Overall, I like the premiere episode this season! :grins: :hearts: :cheer: :conf: :hrt:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
PS thanks Lutpay for telling me because I missed it...

This is the first episode in the TAR25-27 era to fully have Phil calling team placements out at the mat!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Only Zach/Rachel & Cameron/Darius didn't get their placement called. Still really happy to have it back!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I noticed a new font for team names below of screen and hashtag is replaced! Microgamma is back!
I prefer bank gothic, and I didn't notice if there was an airplane animation between the first and second lines of text. ??? If there was none, I want that back.

Marty & Hagan and Darius & Cameron are getting invisible edit.
True. :( I wish to see more from them as the race goes on.

The first commercial break felt really contrived and messy tbh. I also wasn't too keen on how they handle Cast Introductions from now on.

But I agree, this leg was surprisingly fun for what may just shape up to be a surprisingly good season. Let's hope for another good episode next week!
Agree!
Also, I'm hoping for an amazing season too! :conf:

I can't deny I yearned for a 90-min premiere. We could have spent so much more time with the cast and the tasks, but still some great moments and a wonderful cast. I actually believe this will be a great season!
Same here. :)

I absolutely loved the premier! Really nice episode, and the best part was the NEL! Oh, and the Detour AND Roadblock.
I know this is gonna be a nice season.
Um, but, no prize for Dana and Matt? No Express Pass this year?
The best points of this premiere and the most disappointing one. :) :(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:15:51 AM by Platrium »