Author Topic: S32: Cydney Gillon (Brawn)  (Read 9643 times)

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
Re: S32: Cydney Gillon (Brawn)
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 08:13:57 PM »
She is such a fun combination of sassy & strategic and everything <3

I died when she said "I can climb a damn tree!" At the challenge - she's underrated gold.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 05:22:38 AM »
Cydney gives me life.
She's my absolute winner pick and I hope she can still pull this off! Although Aubry seems like the obvious winner to me right now :P

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 10:27:38 AM »
Cydney gives me life.
She's my absolute winner pick and I hope she can still pull this off! Although Aubry seems like the obvious winner to me right now :P

I still think Aubry might be blindsided or shut out at F4 (or Kass-style at F3)
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 10:15:18 AM »
Cydney Gillon (Final Five after Day 32 Tribal Council)
Following Episode 12: Cydney's game play -- like Joe's -- seems to be rooted in only working with people she likes -- ironic since she and Joe clashed in this episode yet are each inevitably tied to Aubry. She will have difficulty making a persuasive argument in her favor, since the jury probably sees this. Any bold move for which she could take credit could be trumped by Aubry and even Michele. She was a somewhat hypocritical in criticizing Tai for allegedly being forceful in his desire to eliminate Michele, since she has been a forceful personality in not wanting to go with any plan that is not to her greatest benefit (a theme of this episode when considering Joe's commentary about Jason). She has proven to be a strong competitor in challenges, winning immunity in this episode after finishing close to first place in most other challenges. Still, it seems her only path to the title of Sole Survivor would be a final two pairing with Joe.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »
Cydney had arguably the best gameplay pre-switch but she has failed to deliver post-merge (apart from Nick and Debbie's elimination). I think Cyd could have been better and still not being the biggest threat while she was under Aubry's wing, but I feel some let down by her lack of strategy and confessionals recently.

I love the girl, and I wanna see her again in a different group of people. She is golden TV, I LOVED her confessional when Joe told her to go for wood. Go Cyd <3333

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 05:28:50 PM »
"DON'T CHECK ME, BOO."

"WE DON'T NEED NO MO HEAT BABY."

She's such gold.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 03:22:43 AM »
"NONONONONO"

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 04:53:22 AM »
"I CAN CLIMB A DAMN TREE."
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2016, 05:50:33 AM »
“We can’t go to no Final Three with no damn Tai.”

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
Following Episode 13: Cydney is primarily responsible for the biggest blindside of the game -- voting out Nick, which is the biggest and perhaps only feather in her cap. While Aubry could take credit for that as much as Cydney, it was Cydney who had to make the bigger move by switching sides in order to execute that plan. (Michele also had to switch sides, but she was not as closely aligned with Nick as Cydney was with Scot and Jason.) It is unclear if this big move would earn her enough credit from the jury in a final two pairing with either Tai or Michele, since her outspoken attitude toward several of the jurors might have rubbed some of them the wrong way. She probably has a better chance versus Tai, but all of this depends upon how the last two jurors are eliminated. It will take quite the speech for her to win Scot, Jason, and Nick's votes.

Likelihood of a final two vs. a final three: With Joe removed from the competition on Day 34 and four castaways entering the season finale episode, it is a near certainty that there will be a final two instead of a final three, since a final three would mean only one tribal council for elimination before the final tribal council to vote for the Sole Survivor, which would be a deviation from the traditional format of the season finale episode. Also, there would be a six-day lapse between the previous tribal council (Day 32, Jason's elimination) and the final tribal council for elimination (Day 38), which seems incongruous and unfair to the jurors who would have only attended six tribal councils leading up to the final tribal council to vote for the Sole Survivor.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 11:02:31 AM »
Following Finale: While Cydney probably stood little chance of garnering a majority vote for Sole Survivor, her downfall was her failure to build a fire (foreshadowed by Michele's advice that she need not practice). As described under Aubry, hindsight suggests Cydney could have benefitted from attempting to sell Aubry and Michele on voting to eliminate Tai rather than accepting a chance of a deadlocked vote. Cydney may have considered at each of them on the jury and felt that Aubry would have supported her over Michele and Tai, while Tai probably would not have, so she needed to keep Tai in the game as a finalist. Cydney's heartfelt speech about playing the game to support her mother was moving, but it would have not been enough to sway the jury.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »
My winner. A shoo-in returnee. :luvya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »
^^ Even Jeff said so!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 07:41:41 AM »
Yep, I even wrote the quote down!
Jeff Probst said:
"Alright, well, we love Cydney. I hope it is not the last time she's on the show, either."

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 04:50:30 PM »
Omg yes, a Cydney return would be so perfect.

We never got to see a full "STORM", her alternate fierce personality haha. But so many amazing gifs, reactions, and moves made by this queen.

She strikes me as a straight-up second chancer, burned by the fire making challenge, and a shoe-in returnee.
SNEAKY SNEAKY