Author Topic: S32: Julia Sokolowski (Beauty)  (Read 7453 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
S32: Julia Sokolowski (Beauty)
« on: January 20, 2016, 11:16:25 AM »
Julia Sokolowski

Name (Age): Julia Sokolowski (19)

Tribe Designation:
Beauty

Current Residence: Boston, Mass.

Personal Claim to Fame: My trip to Tanzania. I taught English to a class of 83 third graders and rebuilt and restored classrooms. I also hiked the base of Mount Kilimanjaro. Inspiration in Life: My 17-year-old brother, Eric. He was born with a heart defect called hypo-plastic left heart syndrome and has undergone a series of 4 open heart surgeries. He is a fighter and my inspiration every day.

Hobbies: Skiing, hip hop & contemporary dancing and flirting.

Pet Peeves: Really slow walkers and entitled people.

3 Words to Describe You:
Outgoing, driven and versatile.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? A photo of my family because they’re my rock! A camera because I love taking pictures to document memories and for Instagram! An iPod because a girl’s gotta jam out!

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Natalie Tenerelli because she was a young, female player, Jenna Morasca and Parvati Shallow because of their ability to strategically combine sex appeal and intelligence, and Andrea Boehlke because she is a wholesome farm girl with big dreams.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to win the million dollars and also pay off my college tuition! I want to prove to everyone who ever doubted me that I am strong, strategic and intelligent, not just some Barbie princess, dumb blonde.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I would be a huge asset on camp. I have done Habitat for Humanity so I know how to build shelter. I have killed cows in Africa, worked on a farm, and know how to make fire. I’m also quick, excellent at puzzles, and have strong social skills from job experience and being a college student.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have amazing social skills, because I’m majoring in PR, so I’m studying strategic ways to persuade and manipulate people. I have strong instincts and I am very athletic. I’ve always been competitive and I am a hard working, smart girl.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S32: Julia Sokolowski (Beauty)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how she does, given her age.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:50:31 AM »
slay me

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
Survivor: Kaoh Rong - Meet Julia Sokolowski

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xTBJULrcjdE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xTBJULrcjdE</a>

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 10:57:27 PM »
Beautiful

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 06:21:28 PM »
Following Episode 1: Julia was among the least-featured of the 18 castaways. It causes one to wonder whether she simply did not have any interesting moments, or there is a lot more of her to come. She is the youngest competitor this season, so fellow castaways might under-estimate her, allowing her to fly under the radar. She is in a safe position amongst the women on her tribe, as Michelle and Anna might garner greater attention for elimination.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »
Following Episode 2: Julia again was not featured much, as her tribe as a whole seemed to be riding good vibes as a result of winning challenges and getting along well.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »
Cutiepie <3

I thought she might be a Jefra or a Morgan, but now I'm just waiting for the beast inside her to come out :wohoo:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Following Episode 3: Julia appears to be safely flying under the radar in a secure alliance with Anna and Michele. She performed well in the challenge, which further enhances her value.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 05:04:22 PM »
Following Episode 4: The women of the Beauty tribe appear to be in the tightest alliance among the remaining 13 castaways. They also seem to be capable of making new alliances following the impending tribal reconfiguration. The loss of Caleb is an emotional blow, yet it should make each of them stronger. They have yet to face tribal council. If they are divided, the audience will finally get to see at least one of them plot and scheme in advance of tribal council. They should make natural connections with most of their new tribemates. None of them could be perceived as a threat or loose cannon. So it is likely that Michele, Anna, and Julia will reach the merge.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 06:22:53 AM »
Can she please get some confessionals soon? :lol: (Along with Michele)

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 05:56:20 PM »
Julia Sokolowski (to join new Gondol, formerly in "Beauty")
Following Episode 5: Julia's exile to a deserted beach finally gave the viewers a look into her mentality, as she had been one of the least featured castaways prior to this episode. It was interesting to see her express her keen awareness of presenting herself as older than she actually is to avoid snap judgments from others. Unfortunately, she endured the physical and emotional toll of dehydration, and she will soon learn that she lost one of her closest allies. On one hand, she seems to have a very good understanding of herself and will be able to position herself well on her new tribe. Yet on the other hand, she endured strain during her isolation and could be too afflicted to handle the mental games at camp. ...How much did the reconfiguration hurt or help Julia's chances (scale of 1 to 10, 1 hurt very much, 10 helped very much)? 2.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 06:58:04 AM »
It's too early to determine how much the swap hurt her chances because we haven't seen her interact with her new tribe yet.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 11:10:28 AM »
I also don't see how you can say that the swap really hurt her game, when you have no idea what the others have been told about Julia and how they view them, plus we're only really gonna learn what position she gets herself in on Gondol next episode :lol:

A 4-5 would've been the fairest rating, but 2 is a hell no :grins:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »
Who?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »
Her?

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
It's too early to determine how much the swap hurt her chances because we haven't seen her interact with her new tribe yet.

I also don't see how you can say that the swap really hurt her game, when you have no idea what the others have been told about Julia and how they view them, plus we're only really gonna learn what position she gets herself in on Gondol next episode :lol:

A 4-5 would've been the fairest rating, but 2 is a hell no :grins:

I rated based upon what we saw, not on what we might see down the road, because that is anyone's guess. In this episode, she was physically and emotionally devastated from being exiled, not to mention separated from her allies. As we learned in the next episode, she fully recognized how coming into the new tribe late put her at a disadvantage, but she adapted well.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 05:34:03 PM »
Following Episode 6: Julia seemed to be better physically, mentally, and emotionally upon her return to competition and camp life. She gracefully accepted her disadvantage and recognized the hard work she would need to do socially. Fortunately, Peter showed his cards promptly, which set in motion the discussions which gave her the intel to rest assured that realigning with Tai and his new ally Scot would be a prudent move. It was impressive to see her not outwardly voice disappointment over losing one of her closest allies (Anna) while she was away. Her confessionals to the camera reveal her to have more savvy than what her competitors might view her to have. She will need to demonstrate it later on to secure jury votes for Sole Survivor.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »
Following Episode 7 (the merge): After playing a key role in the previous episode, Julia resumed the role she had the first five episodes -- flying under the radar. She apparently will continue this plan and allow other members of original and current alliances take the heat. Cydney is the only castaway who has yet to show a combustible moment, although the promo for the next episode appears to suggest that will change. Based upon the numbers of original Brains, Brawn, and Beauty remaining and how Nick's cocky attitude has been suppressed to a certain extent, a Julia and Nick final two seems like a possibility, barring a crazy tribal council in which multiple hidden immunity idols are played and a dissenting vote or random rock draw eliminates them.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »
Following Episode 8: Although Julia was the other half of the conversation which proved to be the first step toward sealing Nick's fate, her overall impact on the course of events was rather minor. She told him there was no women's alliance, which appeared to be an honest answer to his query at the time. In a confessional, she expressed a thought about how she and Scot could work well together, which was perhaps residual from their time together at the Gondol tribe.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 02:43:58 AM »
She's alright but eh.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:34 AM »
Julia Sokolowski (7th place, 5th jury member)
Following Episode 12: Julia learned the hard way that, in Survivor (like a lot of other aspects of life), perception trumps reality. She garnered Aubry and Cydney's ire for showing no hesitancy in siding with Scot and Jason for a reward challenge in Episode 9. No matter how much she could have been a double-agent to them, she was always going to be an outsider and not a part of their long-term plans, which proved out in Episode 11. Julia's vote for Sole Survivor will be interesting. Logic suggests that she would support Aubry in most scenarios, even against her one-time ally Michele. If Aubry fails to reach the final tribal council, she would certainly then side with Michele. If neither Aubry or Michele reaches the end, Tai would probably receive her vote, since his gameplay most resembles hers -- playing the middle, having no set in stone alliance.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »
:torche Amazing imo
Hope she returns in ~5 years when she's graduated and learned more about "the real world"

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 12:46:31 AM »
Imo she's the Andrea type that could return a few years later and slay