Author Topic: S32: Debbie Wanner (Brains)  (Read 8973 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
S32: Debbie Wanner (Brains)
« on: January 20, 2016, 10:38:32 AM »
Debbie Wanner

Name (Age): Debbie Wanner (49)

Tribe Designation: Brains

Current Residence:Reading, Penn.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being the first in my family to graduate college, learning was always valued, but not formal education. My family was/is dysfunctional, to put it mildly. Inspiration in Life: I just adore Tia Torres of Pit Bulls and Parolees - talk about Survivors!

Hobbies: Working out (hiking and running), flying, snowmobiles, horses, boating, playing piano, rescuing Boston terriers and tortoises, juggling and reading, especially American and Roman history.

Pet Peeves: The idolization of garish, repugnant and supercilious people-like the Kardashians; pets as fashion accessories; apathy-don’t just talk about doing it, do it and help make the world a better place.

3 Words to Describe You: Relentless, erudite and Spartan.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? Chanel No. 5 as I know how bad we will all smell, dental floss because I love clean teeth and it has multiple uses and a big stuffed Boston terrier.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Coach. Period.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Money, because poverty sucks and money equals power to a point. Also, I relish an adventure.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have military training in summer and winter survival, shelter building, fire making, food procurement, torture training and a superior will to survive. Plus, I’m fun too! I’m a card carrying member of the Reading Juggler’s club, so I’ll teach them how to juggle.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Like Hannibal Lecter, I have good manners and am pleasant company. However, that doesn’t mean I won’t scramble your brains. One million dollars means freedom, which is priceless to me. I’ll give up, let go, surrender- when I’m dead!

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
Re: S32: Debbie Wanner (Brains)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »
Lady coach <3 strong older female, but her mouth might get her in trouble on that Brains tribe.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »
Her swimsuit gets a toot from me

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 03:26:28 PM »
omg lol hates people who love the Kardashians :lol: <3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 04:40:23 PM »
Debbie what a goddess <333
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 05:38:28 AM »
I think we will love Debbie! :D
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »
Survivor: Kaoh Rong - Meet Debbie Wanner

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l2S7TiBVwik" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l2S7TiBVwik</a>

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »
My pick to win.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 06:19:51 PM »
Following Episode 1: While it appears Debbie is a "super-fan" of the show, she did not follow a few of the basic tenants of the early stages of the game. It is mind-boggling that season after season, there seems to be a few contestants who talk too much too early and do not recognize how they are being perceived by people they just met. She made waves by claiming expertise in all aspects of the game, which can be difficult to prove to a group of castaways who are likely super-fans as well. She also failed to conceal the eccentric aspects of her persona, which any rational person knows they must do to win favor among a group of peers. In any situation, to establish good relationships, people must find common ground and develop a comfort level. Debbie was unapologetically quirky self and forced her tribemates to adjust to her on her terms. People who make snap judgments would consider this to be an unfair burden to assume.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 06:39:58 AM »
ok.

She was as glorious as expected.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 07:18:24 AM »
Following Episode 1: While it appears Debbie is a "super-fan" of the show, she did not follow a few of the basic tenants of the early stages of the game. It is mind-boggling that season after season, there seems to be a few contestants who talk too much too early and do not recognize how they are being perceived by people they just met. She made waves by claiming expertise in all aspects of the game, which can be difficult to prove to a group of castaways who are likely super-fans as well. She also failed to conceal the eccentric aspects of her persona, which any rational person knows they must do to win favor among a group of peers. In any situation, to establish good relationships, people must find common ground and develop a comfort level. Debbie was unapologetically quirky self and forced her tribemates to adjust to her on her terms. People who make snap judgments would consider this to be an unfair burden to assume.
Shush.
This seems like it was written by a pretentious casual fan.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »
Following Episode 2: Debbie continues to assert her too-big-for-the-island personality without apology and is destined to be voted off, despite Peter's confessional about how she is worth keeping around because of her lack of game-playing ability. It is clear that she is unconcerned about building consensus among her tribemates, and she will probably irritate others in the game in a similar manner if she reaches a point when tribes are switched or merged.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 09:31:08 AM »
Who knew she had so many strategic skills in her <3

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 09:32:45 AM »
DEBBIE IS STAR <3 Here's hoping she's not medivac'd but it looks to be a male next episode..
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »
Following Episode 3: Debbie has been the star of the season so far, not just for her seemingly nutty rants about her expertise in all aspects of survival, but now also for revealing that she is a very adept game-player who handled the impending visit to tribal council flawlessly. She did not allow her true feelings toward Liz to be seen during their discussion at the well. She read other emotional cues which she then used to secure a voting strategy against Liz and Peter. She established confidence with Aubry and Neal simply by expressing her good feelings toward them and not revealing any strong grievances toward Liz and Peter, which would have made her a perceived powder keg. While Debbie might have worn on her tribemates for perceived arrogance about survival, she was the most amiable when it came to discussing voting strategy.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 05:08:42 PM »
Following Episode 4: Debbie's distress following the reward challenge was eye-opening mainly because she appears to be at a dangerously low weight. While she continues to make zany comments to the camera in her confessionals -- and quite humorously she is credited with a different occupation every time she is captioned -- she appears to be in complete control of her message to her tribemates, including smoothing over things with Peter following the vote and showing genuine interest in friendship with Aubry and others. A concern is whether any of the other eight castaways who might be her new tribemates viewed her vociferous cheerleading for her tribe at challenges, saying things like "Brains power," and garnered a bad first impression.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »
This woman continues to show new unknown game skills :lol:
Her handling Peter after the TC was an awesome strategic move and this episode showcased even further that she's got really close bonds with Joe and Aubry individually.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »
I really want her to win it.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 07:49:56 PM »
She has a winner edit so far.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 08:09:02 PM »
She keeps getting better and better.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 06:08:19 PM »
Debbie Wanner (new Chan Loh, formerly in "Brains")
Following Episode 5: Being in a numerical stalemate might seem somewhat daunting to most castaways, since they are pressed to create new bonds. Yet Debbie seems very calculated and simultaneously non-threatening while doing so. As she did with Aubry and Neal, Debbie seemed to establish a genuine bond with Cydney, the former "Brawn" member most aligned with her life experience. By virtue of that, she gained a working relationship with Jason, even though they do not appear to be a personality match. Having Cydney as a potential long-term ally can only benefit her. On top of that, she has shown herself to be very good at challenges on a newly configured tribe that appears like it should win virtually any type of challenge put forth in front of them (in comparison to the new Gondol tribe). Debbie was fortunate to find herself with new tribemates whom she can find an affinity. She and Neal continue to work well together, and they are away from their former tribe's cancer Peter. ...How much did the reconfiguration hurt or help Debbie's chances (scale of 1 to 10, 1 hurt very much, 10 helped very much)? 10.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 06:16:54 AM »
How can you say switch helped her 10/10 when she was in control in Beauty and now it seems Brawns are the swing vote? Cannot find any logic in there sry

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 02:08:32 AM »
She is slowly but surely ascending to my Top Ten Survivors ever omg :lol:

She's an AMAZING personality, AND she PLAYS a great game without being boring at ALL. <333333333

Go Debbie!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 07:05:45 AM »
I absolutely love that she wants a girl to win this. :)
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses