Author Topic: The Amazing Race 28 Edgic *spoiler-free zone* (The Season is Over!)  (Read 61431 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: The Amazing Race 28 Edgic *spoiler-free zone* (Ep 1 Analysis on Page 3!)
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
Agreed!
Though I'm unsure as to whether they release insider videos in the same manner as they edit the main show, i.e. portraying which team is the villains, inspirational or token bickering team. (I rarely watch them)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 03:21:20 PM »
Agreed!
Though I'm unsure as to whether they release insider videos in the same manner as they edit the main show, i.e. portraying which team is the villains, inspirational or token bickering team. (I rarely watch them)

They don't.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 09:26:01 PM »
In regards to secret scenes, they may matter (the entire Final Seven on the TAR27 Secret Scenes said Justin wasn't winning but thats more of FORESHADOWING and not EDITING per-se, as Secret Scenes are usually long unfiltered conversations), but since this thread is all about the edited episode, it's not really going to be examined quite yet. :tup:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 11:36:29 PM »
Sheri & Cole remind me of Hayley and Blair. Both were in the back of the pack from the beginning, get a little lost, over the top sometimes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 28 Edgic *spoiler-free zone* (Ep 1 Analysis on Page 1!)
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 04:06:45 PM »
Agreed!

They don't.

I think they totally do. The comments/edits/number of confessionals all point to the winners, IMO.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
The best way to put it is this thread(Editing and Logic) is for predicting who goes far/who doesn't based on the edited 43 minutes of the show.

Secret Scenes may point and foreshadow (TAR27 for example, all the teams in the Final Seven have said that Justin wouldn't win continuously in at least one secret scene per ep to the finale), but this thread is all about the edited 43 minutes of the show indeed.

Potential foreshadowing is still potential foreshadowing however, and any lead eventually would go somewhere!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2016, 08:20:17 PM »
Analysis will be posted in about 24 hours.  :hearts:

Expect to see some new winner contenders!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2016, 01:28:58 PM »
I think it's gonna be hard to edgic this one, but you can do it, gamer! :lol:
I'm a bit sad about the edit for Matt & Dana this episode :( There has been a tendency with Amy & Maya and Joey & Kelsey that their (winning team's) bickering is not shown...

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race 28 Edgic *spoiler-free zone* (Ep 2 Analysis on Page 2!)
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »

Episode #02:

Notes:
  • There were 34 confessionals/voiceovers this leg.
  • There were a whopping 543 cuts with teams saying something and 160 cuts of teams not saying anything but just being there on frame.
  • Hence, the median is an average of an overall 67.
  • Scott & Blair's screen-time pre-intro is not counted as I consider the episode to fully begin when Dana & Matt rip open the clue to fly to Colombia.
  • "Cuts" mean a scene where a team is shown for X seconds before cutting to another team.

Team-By-Team Analysis:

Burnie & Ashley more or less carried on their positive "honeymoon i love you 4ever xoxo" edit from the last leg, but they've been upgraded to OTTP simply because almost every time they got screen-time they would cheer on each other or kiss or hug or encourage each other while keeping about the same amount of screen-time. Still a team worth looking into for the following weeks. (They had 3 Confessionals and 49 cuts - a little bit stray from the median but they averaged a longer screen-time for some of these cuts so they're at a 3 visibility!)

On the flip-side, Zach & Rachel moved up a bit from being under the radar to showing up more by talking - despite having the same amount of screen-time more or less from the last leg. They're basically a weaker edit of Burnie & Ashley right now, as they give out the same "peaceful happy couple" vibes, but they are still a team to watch as of now like the former. Rachel's "second-person visibility" moment of her giving clothes to another team is similar to Amy & Maya giving Bethany shoes - something interesting to note as well. (They had only one confessional and 39 cuts. Nearly -20% of Burnie & Ashley's share!)

Speaking of winning edits, this was a relatively quiet week for Sheri & Cole. While a UTR edit would be a cause of concern, I'm still holding firm on them as top contenders. If the UTR edits continue, they may be another Jelani/Jenny (strong start then meh middle in terms of editing), but for now they are still very much my top contenders. The fact that they were also edited as relatively positive through what little screen-time they had (+ Sheri saying they're gonna keep on moving up at the Pit Stop) is also still very much a sign to keep them as #1. (They had zero confessionals and 32 cuts - very far from the median. They had the same share more or less as Zach & Rachel, but the difference is them having more non-speaking cuts than them.)

Brodie & Kurt simply broke out this leg. They continuously gave confessionals about their mindset, they did tasks well, they continued on their loud cheering, and got more screen-time than they did last episode. Definitely a great sign, and this surge in their edit leads me to put them on the winner contenders list for this week. Let's see if they can keep their edit up! (They had a whopping 15 confessionals/voiceovers (HALF of the entire cast's share this episode!) and 77 cuts!)

Another potential winning contender that emerged this week was Scott & Blair. Despite Blair still being as OTT as she was last leg, this week they gave more confessionals about their mindset + a good majority of their cuts are about how hard a task is or where they think they are at the moment + Blair giving a good majority of the game talk this leg (as mentioned by another poster, Blair continually gave out the "OMG X JUST GOT HERE LETS HURRY" quotes of the leg). Hence, despite Blair's yelling potentially being seen as Negative to irritate audiences, their overall game talk and positivity throughout most of the leg leads me to assign them a CPM rating and to bump them up as a distant third in the winner contenders right now. Let's see how their edit goes from here! (They received 3 confessionals/voiceovers and 76 cuts this leg!)

After nearly putting Dana & Matt as a winning contender last week, this week is a bad week for them.

The mere fact that their entire screen-time was mainly either:
A. Dana being incompetent and whining
B. Dana yelling at Matt
C. Dana giving out a confessional on how much it's hard to deal with Matt and her strong personality

Are all negatively construed things and they're OTTN this episode. They could STILL win, as this OTTN edit is very early on in the Race, but for now they are leaning a little bit on the No side for winning for me. Still a team to watch for though! (They had 3 confessionals of Dana talking about her personality in contrast to Matt + 87 cuts this episode!)

Considering another team at risk of falling off chances of winning is Jessica & Brittany. They didn't do much this episode and while they were there, they were just literally there. No toning, no confessionals, not even any game talk. Jessica & Brittany are UTR2 and slightly in danger after only a MORM3 first leg. They're still a team to watch for, but it's not looking good. (They had 1 Confessional and 39 cuts overall.)

After a very mixed first leg, Erin & Joslyn settle in a visible yet smaller edit.

Throughout the leg, Erin's story could be seen as over the top, and the fact that them the whole leg can be defined as the following:
-Do a task.
-Scream, Yell and act Excited

With about as much screentime as Brodie & Kurt last leg, and about the same content given out from them as the boys did last leg, Erin & Joslyn are OTT3 this leg. Still a team very much in it and to watch for. (They had one confessional/voiceover and 47 cuts - below the median but manage to crack 3 visibility by being on screen longer in their cut average.)

This leg, Tyler & Korey had more or less the same edit as they did last episode. Give happy confessionals, talk some game while doing stuff, etc. However, this time they had more screentime. Their second-person visibility is also something interesting to watch (irt Brodie/Kurt) but it can't be too much (Justin). Still a team to keep looking out for though! (They received 6 Confessionals/Voiceovers and 69 cuts - more than the median).

After eliminating Darius & Cameron as winners last week, they suddenly get a strong CP3 edit. They continuously gave voiceovers about their mindset + strategy while remaining toneless. But while this would normally be a good thing, they are still very much eliminated from winning for me. Why? Their UTR1 edit on Leg One was not only killer, it's the fact that the majority of the times they DID speak this week were not focused on them but only on outside shots or local shots or even shots of other teams with their voices just in the background! Hence, despite a normally strong edit, I'm sorry, these two are STILL not winning. They are very much the only team that aren't winning at this rate. (They received 13 confessionals/voiceovers and 82 cuts this leg. They are definitely more visible, but the aforementioned scenes of them just being voiceovers dropped them to a plain CP3 rating.)

Marty & Hagan are eliminated, so not much of a big analysis will be given on them, but they were eliminated on a leg where they would have otherwise been a team to watch had they survived. RIP Marty & Hagan, the first team eliminated from The Amazing Race 28! :torche (They received four confessionals/voiceovers and a total of 97 cuts - the most for a team this leg.)

Overall Notes:

-As mentioned last week, Sheri & Cole are a bit alarming edit-wise (of following in the footsteps of Tim & Te Jay/Jelani & Jenny/Jeff & Jackie/Jazmine & Danielle), but time will tell.
-Dana & Matt are following a slightly more visible and extreme edit of Logan & Chris in their first two episodes (Relatively MOR and quiet first ep then a random blowup on Leg 2). We shall see if they follow in the footsteps of #ThePapparazzi or forge their own path edit-wise.
-Darius & Cameron are living on borrowed time IMO. I don't see them lasting past the middle of the season, and that's being optimistic.
-The editing this episode was harder to analyse due to many teams being in the same shot. This analysis was after FOUR rewatches!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:28:51 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 28 Edgic *spoiler-free zone* (Ep 2 Analysis on Page 2!)
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2016, 08:35:12 AM »
Edgic posted above, feel free to comment and tell me if got some stuff wrong :tup:

If you want you can post your own analysis of stuff too!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

The first three posts have also been edited to reflect easier reading :tup:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »
This edgic is so spoiler heavy :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2016, 10:03:57 AM »
Great read once again! :tup:
I don't mean to diminish your great work, but had you been spoiler-free – THEN this would have been impressive :lol:

And regarding the above post, I think I would stay away from edgic if I hadn't been spoiled myself.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 08:59:58 PM »
 :hearts: love this gamerfan09 !!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2016, 10:45:20 AM »
:hearts: love this gamerfan09 !!

Thanks Candi!

(Had more time this week, analysis up tomorrow!)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tomorrow :lol:

But one thing's for sure, expect to see a winner contender dropped (even though it should be obvious who it is!) for now.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race 28 Edgic *spoiler-free zone*
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2016, 06:36:56 AM »

Episode #03:

Notes:
  • There were 27 confessionals/voiceovers this leg.
  • There were a whopping 556 cuts with teams saying something and 173 cuts of teams not saying anything but just being there on frame, much more than the previous episode.
  • Hence, the median is an average of an overall 73.
  • "Cuts" mean a scene where a team is shown for X seconds before cutting to another team.

Team-By-Team Analysis:

Dana & Matt continue their descent into OTTN territory. Last week was already crazy but this week continues it yet again. The mere fact that when they are shown on screen, it's always Dana going off on Matt or some variation of that + them airing Dana stepping near the merchandise of that one vendor at the Roadblock with no explanation leads me to assign them another OTTN rating for this episode.

However, as it's early on, it could go either way with a redemptive arc (Hayley & Blair, who I was pretty sure was winning lol) or a continuous destructive arc (Logan & Chris). We shall see, but it's not looking good for them right now.

(They had 2 Confessionals/Voiceovers and 56 Cuts - pretty far from the median but they averaged more screentime in those cuts than most other teams so their visibility is at a 3 right now.)

Brodie & Kurt follow yet another serving of their CPP edit last week. They ran a good leg, and they had confessionals/mindsets the whole time. They also had only six cuts without them saying anything, with the remaining 74 all having them saying at least a word. That's pretty much all I can add, but I will say that they're simply at a visibility of 3 because they hit the Pit Stop in first by the time the episode barely hit the halfway mark. I'm upgrading them as the #1 winning contender right now as a result... definitely something interesting to see if their edit can keep up!

(They had 4 Confessionals and 80 cuts, exactly the median of the episode.)

Zach & Rachel broke out this episode with their edit. From the beginning, we continuously got confessionals from them. We always saw their mindset. And most importantly, they survived the leg with this edit after two quiet legs. The very reason why I'm assigning Zach & Rachel a CP5 edit was because they were admittedly the focus on the episode (their messy leg). Normally, teams who run messy legs and survive tend to get a negative edit (see Hayley & Blair on TAR26 Germany, Misti & Jim on TAR25 Denmark, and most recently, Logan & Chris on TAR27 India 2.). But the fact that they still got the positive music at the Pit Stop + their plight was not played up for drama (instead of Rachel just crying and Zach staring we saw him say that it was alright and they could still catch up, etc.) and we had them as fully fleshed out characters this episode (particularly with their Detour and Roadblock game talk, which was the most from any team this leg). A great CP5 edit is due for them, and as they were relatively positive in the past 2 episodes, I'm upgrading them to third in the winner contenders. Let's see if they can keep it up!

(They had 4 confessionals/voiceovers and 114 cuts this episode (of which only 27 do not have talking) - way WAY above than the median and the heaviest edit of the episode.

Scott & Blair also make a surprising hit with their edit this episode. They were barely shown at the beginning, but starting from the Catacombs, we had their entire mindset throughout the leg (their strategy at the Detour + Blair and Rachel deciding not to tell Cameron anything + Blair being just positive at the Pit Stop to still be in with her dad). We had them as fully fleshed out, positively-edited characters (they got happy music twice :lol:), and this leads me to put them on the Number Two winning contender next to Brodie & Kurt for this leg. Let's see if they can keep this up!

(They had 2 confessionals and 86 cuts, 17 of which did not involve talking but were usually very quick 1-second shots to Blair at the Roadblock. Above the median!)

Tyler & Korey maintain their edit once again. They are highly visible throughout the episode, but ultimately they are stuck in their MORP rating. We never truly see them talk about game 100%. We only mainly see either Tyler laugh, throw in a confessional about how a task feels (but never how hard it is or what their strategy is to beat it), and get relatively positive music when they are on. However, they are still very much a team to watch due to their edit being consistently positive. But for now, they miss out on the Winning Contenders. Sorry guys!

(They had 4 confessionals/voiceovers, and 59 cuts (21 no talking) = Exactly near the median.

Erin & Joslyn, meanwhile, have another OTT episode. For starters, we see Erin freak out at the caves (which many casual viewers/fans would find annoying), and try to ditch Scott at the Roadblock (which garnered them negative SPV). However, we also get happy music with them at the Detour and them checking in at the Pit Stop with also aforementioned happy music. This, coupled with the fact that their only confessionals/voiceovers involve Erin's claustrophobia and Joslyn hoping Erin can do the Roadblock fast leads me to place them as OTTM this week. People with a lot of OTT edits usually don't win, but as they're not negative like Dana & Matt's, they're still a team to watch for.

(They had 4 confessionals/voiceovers and 99 cuts (of which only 12 didn't have them talking) - way above the median.

Sheri & Cole are unfortunately still very low-vis (visibility) at this point. Last week seemed to start an unfortunate trend, but this week was slightly better with what little screentime they had. The very reason they are MOR2 and not UTR is simply because we got a glimpse of their mindset a little bit at the Roadblock + the Detour. Them, however, ultimately having stuff aired out that would enhance their story (their penalty, the mere fact that their Pit Stop checkin was edited so poorly without any dialogue from them, Sheri's claustrophobia which was used to a good effect on Leg 1) leads me to remove them from the Winning Contenders for now.

They definitely seem to be going the Jelani & Jenny route of Leg 1 contenders fizzling out eventually, although they might resurge a bit should they go in the Race. When and/or if they do, it'll be something to check out. [For references, Jelani & Jenny got a semblance of a winning edit again from Leg 10 which was definitely far too late lmao.]

(They had zero confessionals and 44 cuts - pretty far from the median.)

Brittany & Jessica also follow Sheri & Cole's low-visibility, but they had a weaker edit than the latter. Why? Unlike Sheri & Cole, at the Detour they were mainly just shown either throwing the Tejo or cheering, only popping out during the Roadblock a little bit to help. Two UTRs in a row isn't good, and as this edit involves them never popping out on the winning contenders, I will unfortunately have to eliminate them as winners. Sorry girls!

(They had 1 confessional and 40 cuts - even lower than Sheri & Cole's. Additionally, 13 of those cuts had no talking - nearly 50% of their screentime.)

Burnie & Ashley won't quite be eliminated as quickly as Brittany & Jessica, but this week's outing was their weakest in terms of edit. I debated on placing them on OTTP, MORP, or UTRP, and I eventually settled on the latter. Why? They barely had screentime and when they did it was either them being a lovey-dovey dating couple or running or reading a clue. It's not a good sign for them, but the fact that it's a UTRP edit (and Amy & Maya exist) mean that I'm not quite eliminating them just yet. We'll see.

(They had 3 confessionals/voiceovers and 44 cuts - essentially they would be MORP but when you factor in the fact that most of their screentime (15 of those cuts (about 35%) have no conversation (and lasted relatively longer than their cuts WITH talking) and their confessionals/voiceovers are generic without leading to anything significant later on.)

Darius & Cameron were shown much more here than last week, but I called them not winning from the first episode and they were eliminated this week lol. It also wasn't a good sign that they were barely shown discussing game stuff (at the Roadblock/Detour), with their confessionals merely talking about how they want to stay in it AND most of their cuts not showing them talking. Hence, they had a high-visibility but relatively tame MOR4 edit. RIP Darius & Cameron, the second team eliminated from The Amazing Race 28! :torche

(They had 5 confessionals/voiceovers and 96 cuts (43 of which they don't even talk in!)

Overall Notes:

-Sheri & Cole seem to be following in the footsteps of early teams with a strong edit eventually flaming out. (Jelani & Jenny, Tim & Te Jay, Jazmine & Danielle). Definitely not a good sign.
-The editing this episode was even harder to analyse due to many teams being in the same shot, especially at the Roadblock. :lol: This analysis was after FIVE rewatches!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:58:05 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Feel free to comment if you felt I got anything wrong or clarify/add some stuff! :tup:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'll go into my explanation later, but I feel that Jessica and Brittany and Sheri and Cole's edits should be switched.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
What does SPV stand for?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Second person visibility.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I like your analysis this week gamerfan09! :tup:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't understand how Sheri and Cole got a MOR while Jessica and Brittany got UTR. The models explained their actions for helping Cole while we got nothing out of Alabama.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't understand how Sheri and Cole got a MOR while Jessica and Brittany got UTR. The models explained their actions for helping Cole while we got nothing out of Alabama.
Truth

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Truth

Definitely a valid point. I'll try to rewatch their parts before releasing Episode Four Edgic. But most likely my analysis for the two still stands :tup:

Thanks guys!

I like your analysis this week gamerfan09! :tup:

Thank you ovalorange!  :hearts:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I would also agree with ianthebalance, because I generally remember seeing the models more in leg 3. Sheri & Cole were the ones who were totally irrelevant to the episode and went UTR imo.