Author Topic: TAR Unpopular Opinions  (Read 89143 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2018, 07:54:51 AM »
If you sort the contestants list on Wikipedia by age, Jody's the oldest person ever to Race. I wish they did, too :(

Just a sweet grandmother and her granddaughter. That kind of team we don't get anymore.

Gra1162

« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2018, 08:00:39 AM »
If you sort the contestants list on Wikipedia by age, Jody's the oldest person ever to Race. I wish they did, too :(

Just a sweet grandmother and her granddaughter. That kind of team we don't get anymore.
IKR she's 79 now :(  shes one of thoose Parent/child teams that don't whine that much (looks at ron/DAve)

if she figured out where the pantary is they could have stayed longer and make it further :(

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2018, 04:14:22 PM »
idk if this is an unpopular opinion but i loved jody and shannon from TAR 16 even though they lasted 2 legs  :lol:

I really wanted them to return but jody would have been too old

I also liked Jody & Shannon!

It's the grandparent team (one member, Jody), that we don't get to see anymore! :(  :funny:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2018, 07:13:05 PM »
Here's one:

I could never get into TAR 17. The first episode/leg felt super amateur to me and that tainted the rest of it.

Gra1162

« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2018, 08:38:31 PM »
speaking of TAR 17 i really liked andi and jenna the recently reunited mother/daughter, i mean they were great to watch with amazing backstory but got really bad luck with their taxi to the pit stop resulting in their elim if they survived it it will change tar 17 alot and Nat and KAT would not have won.

and speaking of nat and kat, even though they were the first f/f winners they were so boring and cost brook and clair the win

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2018, 04:29:17 PM »
I actually kind of agree with Jro's sentiment on the first leg overall being kind of 'bleh' for 17.

For me, the draw for that season was more character- or I guess competitor- driven than story/challenge driven.

Andie and Jenna were an early favorite for me because of their unique dynamic, but the dynamic between Brooke and Claire around the watermelon scene was what drove it home for me.  The task itself was pretty run of the mill, and the accident- though cool- was fleeting, but the way Brooke was empathetic yet resolute in the fact that Claire needed to AND COULD continue on through the task was character building gold.

I instantly knew that I was rooting for them as far as they'd go, and I would tune in each week to see how they'd do.

But the route and tasks of that season (outside of first visits to Ghana and Bangladesh, and a welcomed return to Oman) was meh.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
TAR17's Sweden and Russian Legs were good.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2018, 03:18:44 AM »
Russian legs are highly praised by so many users here, especially leg 7 involving the Russian mysteries

Gra1162

« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58:26 AM »
Russian legs are highly praised by so many users here, especially leg 7 involving the Russian mysteries
I liked the clown leg too

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2018, 01:28:50 PM »
and speaking of nat and kat, even though they were the first f/f winners they were so boring

"For the record, I have a MD, not a PhD."

"I love you, Chad - it was nothing personal!"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:04:25 PM by Granth »

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
But the route and tasks of that season (outside of first visits to Ghana and Bangladesh, and a welcomed return to Oman) was meh.

The premiere did a better job showing off England than 7.

Kiruna is still the only good full Swedish leg to date (and Narvik's underrated).

We finally got to see the daytime beauty of Saint Petersburg.

The HK episode might be the hardest NEL ever.

South Korea needed a revisit even more than Oman, and Los Angeles need to host a finale instead of a Starting Line.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »

More like great, as was the rest of the season outside possibly the last two episodes.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »
and speaking of nat and kat, even though they were the first f/f winners they were so boring

"For the record, I have a MD, not a PhD."

"I love you, Chad - it was nothing personal!"

Fixed. Nat knocks people out for a living, not knock back books.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2018, 07:05:32 PM »
Doctor Strand's quotes refute the misconception that she and Doctor Chang are boring in any case.

Gra1162

« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »
Doctor Strand's quotes refute the misconception that she and Doctor Chang are boring in any case.
I liked kat but not nat but together asa team meh

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2018, 02:49:59 AM »
Eric & Danielle are the most underrated winners ever, especially Eric. Firstly, Eric at the time was the only person to run the race twice and not get eliminated. They are the most underdoggish winners, because of all the stuff that happened to them. Getting kicked out of a plane, falling behind almost a day, getting yielded twice. That is a lot to overcome. Also I personally liked them better than the boring Dustin & Kandice, who have absolutely no personality ever. Also I wish Lyn & Karlyn replaced Dustin & Kandice for the All-Stars spot, since they made history by being the first FF team to make it to the final 3.

Gra1162

« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2018, 05:10:39 AM »
Eric & Danielle are the most underrated winners ever, especially Eric. Firstly, Eric at the time was the only person to run the race twice and not get eliminated. They are the most underdoggish winners, because of all the stuff that happened to them. Getting kicked out of a plane, falling behind almost a day, getting yielded twice. That is a lot to overcome. Also I personally liked them better than the boring Dustin & Kandice, who have absolutely no personality ever. Also I wish Lyn & Karlyn replaced Dustin & Kandice for the All-Stars spot, since they made history by being the first FF team to make it to the final 3.
People will hate me for this but Lyn karlyn are my most unfavoutite team cause they were loud and deserved to go home idk top 5 or top 6 I couldn't even bring myself to calm down when I see them every time I see them I like scream crazily like Nikki Graham and was glad they didn't win

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2018, 05:59:12 AM »
Lyn/Karlyn were like my favorites of their season. I thought they were a cool representation of the first all-female team to make the F3 in the US version. For similar reasons, although they finished 4th, Linda/Karen from S5 were one of my favs on their season.

As for what the thread is about, here is an unpopular opinion:

Art & JJ should be cast on every season.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »
TARCAN to outlive the original!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #244 on: December 16, 2018, 02:34:09 PM »
Reminder please...this is NOT a spoiler topic!!   NO 31 or 32 SPOILERS here!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: December 16, 2018, 04:34:19 PM »
I dislike Kevin & Drew.
I don't mind Jonathan & Victoria.
I like Eric & Danielle and was ok with them winning.
TAR25 is extremelly overrated season.
I like Amy & Maya, but can't respect them as a winners because of that out of nowhere twist which saved them in F4. 
I really HATE forced funny segments at PitStop which started around TAR25.
I HAAAAATTEEE open starts.
Not really a fan of super early NELs in last seasons. I think season with late NELs are more intense.
TARCAN6 is worst season of TAR which I've seen and I'm pretty sure TARCAN7'll take its crown.
Even though I love TARUS, I would rather have it cancelled than trashing it by gimmick seasons like TAR26/28/31.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #246 on: December 16, 2018, 04:50:30 PM »
Not really a fan of super early NELs in last seasons. I think season with late NELs are more intense.

I completely agree with this, I liked how in the older seasons, eliminations were every other leg at the last legs of the race. Although predictable, It does help seeing the teams have more and more pressure on them. I don't get the love for early Non-Elimination legs at all.

Does it make a season drag? Yes, but at least it gives a team you really like, that made it to the final 6 or 5 in last place in one of these Non-Elimination legs at least one more leg to race.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #247 on: December 16, 2018, 05:54:56 PM »
The reason I like early NELs is because it prolongs the race lifetime of early-to-middle boots, so we get to know those teams better. A lot of the early boots feel forgettable due to late NELs.
Also, I'm a fan of legs with more teams racing, as to me THAT is more intense.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #248 on: December 16, 2018, 11:47:41 PM »
The reason I like early NELs is because it prolongs the race lifetime of early-to-middle boots, so we get to know those teams better. A lot of the early boots feel forgettable due to late NELs.
Also, I'm a fan of legs with more teams racing, as to me THAT is more intense.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #249 on: December 17, 2018, 12:25:21 AM »
Reminder please...this is NOT a spoiler topic!!   NO 31 or 32 SPOILERS here!

I put it in a spoiler thing though lol