Author Topic: TAR Unpopular Opinions  (Read 89183 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2017, 03:23:41 PM »
The snowboarders?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »
Dave and Connor. Everyone hates them, but I love them

Three-peaters should be in All-Stars

I cannot stand Brooke and Scott or Flo and Zach  :escape

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2017, 05:41:20 PM »
The snowboarders?

Andy & Tommy, the snowboarders. Actually, most of the forum are indifferent to them.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »

Three-peaters NEVER should be in All-Stars

Fixed. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2017, 06:23:35 PM »
Because there are many great teams that can return, yet they choose returning teams for third time???

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2017, 01:20:26 AM »
I have some more. (Please don't hate me!!!)

Johnathon and Victoria were my favourite from TAR6. Yes, he was an ABSOTULE PIG pushing Victoria in Germany, but the way they raced!!!

JUSTIN AND DIANA ARE KING AND QUEEN!!!

I don't like Kym and Alli  :escape

TAR Canada needs to go full overseas next year, or I don't follow it and watch it. Simple as that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2017, 01:42:13 AM »
You need to watch that again. Jonathan was a despicable person and abusive during the race. Racing skills in no way overshadow that basic fact.

I believe he has grown and changed since then, I hope so. I can't even think that about that season without shuddering.

I am sure TARC will be devastated if you don't watch. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2017, 01:45:52 AM »
More!

- So the consensus I'm getting from here is that TAR 26 is well-liked around here? I haven't been here very long so idk. But in my opinion, WORST SEASON EVER (though I haven't seen 8 which seems to be universally disliked).

- Don't get why people love TeamLoLo so much. They were pretty much bland and uninteresting. Only memorable thing about them to me is the Zanzibar detour.

- HATE Max and Katie. And I'm not even a JJ or Joey and Meghan fan. I just think that Max is a c*cky d*ck. And Katie just gives me bad vibes.

- Do not like Ernie and Cindy. Very bland and Cindy is whiny.

- Brooke and Scott - I sound like a casual, but I hate Brooke and was glad Scott won because he deserved it for putting up with her s***

- Art and JJ - I liked them, with the exception of when they got mad at Dave and Rachel for the U-turn . I also really loved how they gave half of their prize to Mark and Bopper.

- So Shelley and Nici are liked around here? I don't understand why. I really tried to like them because, being from Michigan, there's so few Michigan people on TAR and I wanted to root for a team representing my state but incidents like Copenhagen and then Marrakech leg 1 made me dislike them so much.

- I do not like Nick and Starr. They were probably my least favorite team that season.

- Leo and Jamal are one of the best teams ever.

- Don't like Nathan and Jennifer. Like, that relationship was absolutely not healthy. They were saying some REALLy s***ty things to each other and it really was not cool at all.

- I agree that it's f***ed how Abby and Ryan stole the win in the first leg, but I hated how they were unnecessarily ganged up on. Speaking of which, HATE the Twinnies, probably the most annoying team ever and they almost ruined 21 for me. I was ecstatic when Josh and Brent beat them out in France.

- The casting for 23 was mostly awful. With the exception of the football players, the childhood friends, Tim and Marie, and Leo and Jamal, everyone was unmemorable or awful. Also, on the note of TAR 23, don't understand why so many people have Tim singing in Vienna as a most memorable moment? Pretty unmemorable for me, but maybe that's because I'm a music composition major.

- Even though I too am sick of gimmick seasons, I think 28 had a great cast, with a variety of personalities and with the exception of like 2 teams everyone was likable. Then again they are internet personalities, so they have to be likable.

- I don't like the first season.

- Why do people like Kelly and Jon?

- I don't understand why people love Jon and Kris so much. Maybe it's because they were one of the few decent teams in a season with a terrible cast, but they were pretty boring and unmemorable.

- TAR 9 is my favorite season. Great map, great cast, great tasks, and really fun to watch.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2017, 03:30:49 AM »
But Nick & Starr isn't even popular around here...  :didimiss:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2018, 08:51:32 PM »
A lot of time my team to root were a minor choices compared to the others  :funny:

TAR 30 : Yales  :cheer:
TAR 22 / 24 : Caroline and Jennifer  :luvya: (these two are one of my all-time favourites)
TAR 20 : Vanessa & Ralph (I like Vanessa's bitching)
TAR 18 : Kent & Vyxsin (Their bickering moments were hilarious)
TAR 16 : Carol & Brandy (their mean and evil spirit actually amazed me compared to those dull Cowboys and Detectives  :2hearts:)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2018, 10:05:03 PM »
I also can't stand Vannessa and Ralph, Carol and Brandy and Kent and Vxysin

Gra1162

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2018, 12:00:28 AM »
I can’t stand Erin and Joslyn they were just boring and Erin just likes to brag like oh I am so good a paragliding NOT and in Geneva they gave the wrong flag to the models eliminating them (I love the models)also can’t stand joey and Meghan ugh Meghan especially in all stars whining about cowboys giving express pass to the singers instead of them I love Dustin and Kandice I really like cut throat people they are not here to make friends I hate Lyn and Karyn Karyn especially because she also whines about being sucky and blondes lucky they are just a bad team should be elim in China or Mongolia undeserving finalists

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2018, 12:42:34 AM »

I am sure that hating Vanessa & Ralph and Carol & Brandy is quite not an unpopular opinion?

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2018, 06:47:49 AM »
I can’t stand Erin and Joslyn they were just boring and Erin just likes to brag like oh I am so good a paragliding NOT and in Geneva they gave the wrong flag to the models eliminating them (I love the models)also can’t stand joey and Meghan ugh Meghan especially in all stars whining about cowboys giving express pass to the singers instead of them I love Dustin and Kandice I really like cut throat people they are not here to make friends I hate Lyn and Karyn Karyn especially because she also whines about being sucky and blondes lucky they are just a bad team should be elim in China or Mongolia undeserving finalists

I got a very vague vibe of what you're trying to convey BUT I AGREE. Erin & Joslyn were the most boring FF of season 28 and Brittany and Jessica had actual personalities you know. People who call out Brittany and Jessica for asking help in the roadblock on leg 4 don't get it - The thing was, Jess & Britt didn't need help doing it. In fact she was actually able to do it by herself and had even caught up with the teams. But she saw people working together and together they were working faster. So in an attempt of desperation she asked them whether she could join but Erin (or Joslyn I don't remember) declined. Everyone she asked were like  "no... we need a scapegoat-safety cushion so that we can not be eliminated!" and it was so unfair because Jessica and Brittany were actually such a fun team.
I didn't quite understand what you told about Lyn and Karlyn but Dustin and Kandice  :2hearts:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2018, 07:12:22 AM »
I like them because they are always bickering within each others or with the other teams and provide us with dozens of drama  :cheer:

I like mean and evil-spirit teams like Charla & Mirna  :2hearts:, Maxie :cheer:, Marie :conf:, Brenchel (s24 only) and Vanessa  :cheer:

Teams I always dislike:
- Drama-free racebots like Cowboys / Andy & Tommy / Zac and Justin / NBA(S23)   :duno:
- super annoying camera-focused people like Joey (s22/24) / Tyler & Korey / Justin (s27)
- whiny people like Dave  :jam:/ Cedric / Rachel R. (S20)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:18:01 AM by cbacbacba1 »

Gra1162

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2018, 07:45:39 AM »
I like them because they are always bickering within each others or with the other teams and provide us with dozens of drama  :cheer:

I like mean and evil-spirit teams like Charla & Mirna  :2hearts:, Maxie :cheer:, Marie :conf:, Brenchel (s24 only) and Vanessa  :cheer:

Teams I always dislike:
- Drama-free racebots like Cowboys / Andy & Tommy / Zac and Justin / NBA(S23)   :duno:
- super annoying camera-focused people like Joey (s22/24) / Tyler & Korey / Justin (s27)
- whiny people like Dave  :jam:/ Cedric / Rachel R. (S20)
I totally hate justin(tar 27) he always whines that they don't get 1st place ugh this game is not how you perform in the process its how u end ugh i also hate jazmine and danielle from tar 27 too brags about that sonce they are athelics they can do everything quick and win it (not) they came in the bottom 3 times and finally elimnating them good ridance even their flim crew were happy they got elimnated cause of running

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2018, 07:48:14 AM »
Wait, I thought Brenchel were much nicer in S24? :cmaslol

I totally hate justin(tar 27) he always whines that they don't get 1st place ugh this game is not how you perform in the process its how u end ugh i also hate jazmine and danielle from tar 27 too brags about that sonce they are athelics they can do everything quick and win it (not) they came in the bottom 3 times and finally elimnating them good ridance even their flim crew were happy they got elimnated cause of running
What are you eve saying??? :groan:

Gra1162

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2018, 07:50:31 AM »
What i am tryig to say is their crew got really tried of running and chasing them and are happy they go the boot

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2018, 07:59:08 AM »
Take that to your own speculation thread lmao

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2018, 08:27:17 AM »

Rachel is nicer in s24 when she encouraged Luke. However, she still kept her mean girl element in several circumstances,  like not showing Dave and Connor the clue direction at the Spanish steps, u-turning Dave and Connor and throwing sand at Dave & Connor digging site (Howcome all of them are related to Dave and Connor  :funny:)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2018, 08:40:01 AM »

Rachel is nicer in s24 when she encouraged Luke. However, she still kept her mean girl element in several circumstances,  like not showing Dave and Connor the clue direction at the Spanish steps, u-turning Dave and Connor and throwing sand at Dave & Connor digging site (Howcome all of them are related to Dave and Connor  :funny:)

It was a desperate situation. Dave & Connor is a strong team, so it's understandable.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »
I think I might've said it before (too lazy to go through and look), but as you can tell by my profile pic, BJ and Tyler are my favorite team ever. They were great racers, especially in a season with a team as strong as Eric and Jeremy, lived in the moment, were mostly nice to everyone else (except maybe MoJo, but them being mean was more of a silly meanness), interacted great with the locals, were hilarious, and all in all just really fun to watch. If they ever do a winner season, I would love to see them brought back. That's one the main reasons I loved Team Fun in TAR 29, they gave off BJ and Tyler vibes.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2018, 03:12:42 PM »
I think I might've said it before (too lazy to go through and look), but as you can tell by my profile pic, BJ and Tyler are my favorite team ever. They were great racers, especially in a season with a team as strong as Eric and Jeremy, lived in the moment, were mostly nice to everyone else (except maybe MoJo, but them being mean was more of a silly meanness), interacted great with the locals, were hilarious, and all in all just really fun to watch. If they ever do a winner season, I would love to see them brought back. That's one the main reasons I loved Team Fun in TAR 29, they gave off BJ and Tyler vibes.

I do agree, I think BJ and Tyler are one of the best winners of all time, and I personally liked TAR 9 because of them. They were always so energetic. Even when they were last at two non-elimination points, they still kept their positive attitudes. They were always so nice to everyone. They took every moment and appreciate what the world and the race had to offer. I would rank them as one of my favorite M/M teams alongside Kevin & Drew and Oswald & Danny. We need more M/M teams like BJ and Tyler in my opinion. I think TAR 9 is a great season too because it had one of the best routes in the show's history, also it started and ended in the same location, Red Rocks Amphitheater. Also the locations were amazing. The first visit to Japan is my favorite Japan leg, and for the longest time Greece was a TAR 9 exclusive country until TAR 29, 20 seasons later. I do agree on the "All-Winners" season to bring them back. They also made one of the most memorable quotes in the show's history as well, "TTOW."

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2018, 05:11:51 PM »
HATE Brenchal!

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2018, 06:25:07 PM »

I do agree, I think BJ and Tyler are one of the best winners of all time, and I personally liked TAR 9 because of them. They were always so energetic. Even when they were last at two non-elimination points, they still kept their positive attitudes. They were always so nice to everyone. They took every moment and appreciate what the world and the race had to offer. I would rank them as one of my favorite M/M teams alongside Kevin & Drew and Oswald & Danny. We need more M/M teams like BJ and Tyler in my opinion. I think TAR 9 is a great season too because it had one of the best routes in the show's history, also it started and ended in the same location, Red Rocks Amphitheater. Also the locations were amazing. The first visit to Japan is my favorite Japan leg, and for the longest time Greece was a TAR 9 exclusive country until TAR 29, 20 seasons later. I do agree on the "All-Winners" season to bring them back. They also made one of the most memorable quotes in the show's history as well, "TTOW."

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS. TAR 9 is probably my favorite season, it had such a great map, such great tasks (I really hope we see the Oman underground oven task again), and it was just so enjoyable to watch. When MoJo finally got eliminated, it was a great moment. The second Australia leg was fun to watch because of the footrace and the pranks they tried to pull on each other. I see TAR 9 as an almost perfect season, it would just need a visit to Africa to make it perfect.

Also a side note, I forgot I changed my profile picture, so that part doesn't make sense anymore  :lol:

HATE Brenchal!

Agreed! Also hate the twinnies.