Author Topic: TAR Unpopular Opinions  (Read 89188 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2015, 01:12:51 AM »
KAMI & KARLI <333333333333333333
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2015, 07:18:35 AM »
I think the TAR5 F/F teams (Charla & Mirna/Linda & Karen/Kami & Karli) we get was the best batch of F/F team so far. (With honorable mention to 11/17/25 batch of F/F teams)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2015, 07:26:10 AM »
I know I'm probably one of the few who likes it, but I love a Detour followed by a U-Turn at the end of the leg. :hides
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2015, 10:47:50 AM »
Amani & Marcus are boring and overrated

X

And they robbed Bill & Catie 1st place in Thailand too. :res:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2015, 01:49:44 PM »
I know I'm probably one of the few who likes it, but I love a Detour followed by a U-Turn at the end of the leg. :hides

I agree! I just hate it if the U-Turn is wrongly placed because of the leg design prior to it being linear. (TAR27 India 2 is a great example and so was TAR23's second UAE leg).

In cases like ALL of TAR22's U-Turns, they were really good due to the leg design and gave us fun competition!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »
I think Season 27 is better than 24. Don't hurt me!
Well, obviously :groan:

I like TAR26's Japan legs. The 90-minute premiere wasn't a waste in my opinion since I got to see more of all the teams. The 1st leg was underdeveloped, but not underwhelming. The 2nd leg was actually good since both detours are great and equally difficult, then the roadblock may be a bit boring, but it was not easy to do too!
Have we seen different legs :stare

I'm not sure what you mean. ??? :lol:
The entire leg was fricking linear. The noodle detour was an absolute joke of a task and is the worst task (involved in a detour/RB) EVER in my opinion. As for the roadblock, it was very (not a bit) boring, created absolutely zero drama whatsoever and was easy as well (that's why it was linear).
Only the chair detour was tolerable and challenging, though we saw rather little of it.

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2015, 04:55:30 PM »
Don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I do not like having four teams in the finales! I watched the RHAP recap of the last episode and it seemed as though they like it, so I don't know?

Should I be :hides or do people  :hoot: agree?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
Don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I do not like having four teams in the finales! I watched the RHAP recap of the last episode and it seemed as though they like it, so I don't know?

I think people like it if it saves one favorite team. In generally, no one really like it.

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2015, 06:34:58 PM »
IMO, the effectiveness of a U-Turn depends on the leg structure, tasks, and linear-ness more so than the placement.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »

I think people like it if it saves one favorite team. In generally, no one really like it.

I think my opinion would be unpopular if I say I like that twist coming once in a while. After all, NEL's are pre-determined.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2015, 08:16:54 PM »
I like TAR26's Japan legs. The 90-minute premiere wasn't a waste in my opinion since I got to see more of all the teams. The 1st leg was underdeveloped, but not underwhelming. The 2nd leg was actually good since both detours are great and equally difficult, then the roadblock may be a bit boring, but it was not easy to do too!
Have we seen different legs :stare

I'm not sure what you mean. ??? :lol:
The entire leg was fricking linear. The noodle detour was an absolute joke of a task and is the worst task (involved in a detour/RB) EVER in my opinion. As for the roadblock, it was very (not a bit) boring, created absolutely zero drama whatsoever and was easy as well (that's why it was linear).
Only the chair detour was tolerable and challenging, though we saw rather little of it.

Then my opinion seems to be unpopular. :lol: I saw a few shuffling of placements that leg, so I don't think it was bad. :lol:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2015, 04:18:16 AM »
Actually i really enjoy TAR 27 and this list one of my favorite season ever on TAR... The casts are great (except K/J, they are pretty bland for me, and i dislike Justin but somehow i enjoy how Justin raced  :funny: ) despite the editing and some linear leg... Some legs were exceptional...
what might have been

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »
Running.gif

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2015, 07:15:02 AM »
Actually i really enjoy TAR 27 and this list one of my favorite season ever on TAR... The casts are great (except K/J, they are pretty bland for me, and i dislike Justin but somehow i enjoy how Justin raced  :funny: ) despite the editing and some linear leg... Some legs were exceptional...
Out of curiosity, which ones?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2015, 08:25:04 AM »

I know it willl be very unpopular opinion :lol:

Leg 3,5,6,9,11 are great
what might have been

Offline Fruitegable

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2015, 04:15:08 PM »

I know it willl be very unpopular opinion :lol:

Leg 3,5,6,9,11 are great

There were some exceptional legs in the first half of this season, both in part to the editing and leg design. Like, 80% of the back to back double legs were awesome.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2015, 03:20:48 AM »

I think my opinion would be unpopular if I say I like that twist coming once in a while. After all, NEL's are pre-determined.

I actually LOVE the final 4 twist on 25, because I didn't follow the spoiler that season and was binge watching it after the season ended. So when this twist is revealed, it's one of the most shocking moment of my TAR watching experience. :lol:

But on 26, not so much. :/ Twist like this only worked for only one season.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2015, 06:20:54 PM »

I actually LOVE the final 4 twist on 25, because I didn't follow the spoiler that season and was binge watching it after the season ended. So when this twist is revealed, it's one of the most shocking moment of my TAR watching experience. :lol:

But on 26, not so much. :/ Twist like this only worked for only one season.
Back in season 25, we do not have the idea of Final 4 until its announcement on the episode  :funny:
The spoiler has no idea on why all the 4 teams are at Manila airport waiting for flight to LAX  :funny:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »
At that time we're spoiled that TAR26 have introduced F4 TBC before TAR25 penultimate leg was aired.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
This will be really unpopular but I look forward to seeing the interactions between Justin and Diana (if they return) and teams like Hayley and Blair (if they return)
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »
This will be really unpopular but I look forward to seeing the interactions between Justin and Diana (if they return) and teams like Hayley and Blair (if they return)

I sure hope [REDACTED] season-ruiner doesn't return. :res: Them and Blair & Hayley (<3) shouldn't even be in the same scene. :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
Since people were rooting for Logan & Chris, I think I can count this as unpopular:
I don't like Logan & Chris, so I'm glad they won a leg but not the race. :peek :hides :escape

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2015, 09:08:20 PM »
Marie VS Hayley  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »

I sure hope [REDACTED] season-ruiner doesn't return. :res: Them and Blair & Hayley (<3) shouldn't even be in the same scene. :lol:

If it means a Leg 1 U-Turn happens and Hayley U-Turns them out on Leg 1 then I would be all for it :lol:

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »
- I actually LOVED BJ and Tyler, Flight Time and Big Easy, the snowboarders, and the cowboys. I know these all-male teams seem to be universally disliked around here, but I'm willing to explain why I like them.

- I didn't mind Dave and Connor. I think people exaggerate how much they complain when in reality, a lot of the complaining about the U-Turn (and I wouldn't even call it complaining) was coming from the country singer. I think that was part of the point of the U-Turn; you have to use it wisely because if you don't you'll create an unnecessary enemy (or in this case 3) and I personally agree that it was stupid of Rachel to use it on Dave and Connor

- Not a fan of the Beauty Queens or Charla and Mirna Some of it comes from comments the BQs said, like the racist calling of Team Bama "the sistas". And for Charla and Mirna, I actually did like Charla, but Mirna was at times too mean-spirited.

- I don't mind three-peats in All Stars. As long as they're good choices, which I believe they were. I heard talk in RFF that they may bring the Brenchels back (or at least Rachel if they do a blind All Stars) and in my opinion THAT would be a bad three-peat

- I'm completely okay with the fact that they mostly ignore Canada, Mexico and the popular Caribbean countries in TAR US. I think one of the greatest things about TAR is that it tries to broaden the horizons of people looking to travel outside of popular/unoriginal destinations, and I think by going to a country like Canada, Mexico, or something like the DR just wouldn't do that. I also think if they do have legs in these countries they need to be penultimate legs so the team that is eliminated in them actually gets to leave the US.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:46:27 AM by nrh2110 »