Author Topic: TAR Unpopular Opinions  (Read 89146 times)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2015, 05:05:18 AM »
I agree that 25 is a bit overrated. I mean it's fun and very satisfying with great cast. But I wouldn't say it the best season Post-AS. (I still think 26 is a bit better than 25. But 26 > 25 >>>>>>>> 27)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2015, 05:23:02 AM »
TAR25 is the TAR12 when it comes to overrated seasons :lol:

I really enjoyed both, but I really don't see them as "OMG OMG BEST EVER" like many people do.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2015, 05:54:59 AM »
still better af than tar 27 :funny:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2015, 06:40:04 AM »
I just hated Shelley & Nici from Season 25. The mom, Shelley is an absolute joy, her humour is great and definitely a cool mom. Nici however, is just downright rude and disrespectful to her mom Shelley which is obvious and even displaying her pathetic tantrum in Denmark infront of Phil, the Danish greeter and the dogs plus on worldwide TV. The secret scenes also showed her being rude. Among them is in U.K. where she said to Kym to go away after Kym is looking at the computer Nici is using to look at information on getting to Denmark with Kym saying "Nici is nasty" to Alli in the car.  I would have preferred Dennis & Isabelle beat them in London. They were a whole lot better. They took it personally with Keith & Whitney "bumping in line" even bad mouthing them and U-Turning them, reminds me somehow of the Dave & Connor moment/s from Season 24 whining about Brendon & Rachel.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:56:36 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:29 AM »
I just hated Shelley & Nici from Season 25. The mom, Shelley is an absolute joy, her humour is great and definitely a cool mom. Nici however, is just downright rude and disrespectful to her mom Shelley which is obvious and even displaying her pathetic tantrum in Denmark infront of Phil, the Danish greeter and the dogs plus on worldwide TV. The secret scenes also showed her being rude. Among them is in U.K. where she said to Kym to go away after Kym is looking at the computer Nici is using to look at information on getting to Denmark with Kym saying "Nici is nasty" to Alli in the car.  I would have preferred Dennis & Isabelle beat them in London. They were a whole lot better. They took it personally with Keith & Whitney "bumping in line" even bad mouthing them and U-Turning them, reminds me somehow of the Dave & Connor moment/s from Season 24 whining about Brendon & Rachel.

So Shelley & Nici is real life but poorer version of Regina's mother and Regina George from Mean Girls?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2015, 07:15:58 AM »
   Brent & Caite beating Carol & Brandy.

   Nick & Vicki, not the smartest and not the strongest but sure they gave a lot of entertainment. Them making Top 4 amazes me. They told their taxi driver in Ghana “Do you know where the Arctic circle is?”

   I like Vanessa & Ralph more than Brendon & Rachel in Season 20

   Josh & Brent should never have won

     I like Abbie & Ryan

   Bates & Anthony were likable winners but boring though

   Tim & Marie, particularly Marie is somehow annoying how she manipulates other teams but she is a good strategizer.

   Brendon & Rachel were likable in Season 24 compared in their original season of Season 20. The same goes for Leo & Jamal of Season 23, they were likable in Season 24.

     The composite team of Mark & Mallory is terrible. It brought out the worst in the both of them. The original teams (Bopper & Mark and Gary & Mallory) were absolutely likable and awesome.

   I dislike 2 people in Season 25 namely Jim & Nici.

   Lisa & Michelle had actually potential in my opinion. They had “Brooke & Claire” vibes. However, the footrace and the “revenge”of Michael & Scott took them out.

   Dennis & Isabelle were only the few “Dating” teams I liked and rooted for, too bad the punting task and meltdowns ruined them.

   I don’t get the hate on Hayler & Blair, they were the “rightful winners” of Season 26

   Tanner and Josh’s elimination was absolute unfair. What kind of Speedbump is that, a Double Roadblock. It definitely sealed their fate.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:26:00 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2015, 07:36:24 AM »
Nobody hate Hayley & Blair. They are hilarious!
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2015, 07:39:02 AM »

The casuals hated them for the reason that Hayley always shouts at Blair. But here on RFF we love them. Hayley is a queen.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2015, 08:26:13 AM »

The casuals hated them for the reason that Hayley always shouts at Blair. But here on RFF we love them. Hayley is a queen.

Queen Hayley and King Blair <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2015, 08:26:46 AM »
TAR20 <3 <3 <3

So underrated :(

Plus:

- I like Jessica & John from TAR22. I know the Express Pass move was the most stupid thing ever, but still love them. On TAR24 were so much better.
- I don't know why people love Shelli & Nici either. They were nice, but that's all. Not a team to love.
- I hate Josh & Brent win. They didn't deserved. Twins should have been in their spot in the final.
- I like TAR8. Maybe it's because i'm not american and it's still a new country for me. I like the cast, except the difference of ages. I would have loved all teams of parents and sons with similar ages.
- I wasn't rooting teams that had a 3rd chance on TAR24. 3 chances are too much, while there are a lot of better teams that only played once.
- The same with Uchenna & Joyce. Let other teams grab the million. They already had theirs! xD
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2015, 09:18:03 AM »
I didn't like Keith & Whitney but I didn't hate them during TAR25. They're just not my type. I hated Lisa & Michelle and their move on the Firefighters though, but I was really glad they were the 1st boots.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2015, 10:08:13 AM »
   Brendon & Rachel were likable in Season 24 compared in their original season of Season 20. The same goes for Leo & Jamal of Season 23, they were likable in Season 24.

     The composite team of Mark & Mallory is terrible. It brought out the worst in the both of them. The original teams (Bopper & Mark and Gary & Mallory) were absolutely likable and awesome.

   Tanner and Josh’s elimination was absolute unfair. What kind of Speedbump is that, a Double Roadblock. It definitely sealed their fate.

P sure these are popular opinions

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2015, 11:01:07 AM »
Oh, I forget one!

- I like Lisa & Michelle from S25. They were fierce and fighters. I prefer them rather than two blondes going after any M/M team to help them on any challenge.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »
I really like Dave&Connor. I know Dave conplained and talked alot about his age and kept reminding us of his achilles. But they were good racers and supportive to eachother.

Their overall story of beating cancer, being eliminated because of Dave's achilles to then comeback and be one of the best teams on S24 to win it all as the first Father/Child team in the  US version for me was great.

I get the complains but I really like them and was rooting for them from the beginning.

:peek

Offline LFelix

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2015, 01:44:18 PM »
I really dislike Caroline & Jennifer in BOTH appeareances. They were HORRIBLE racers in all aspects and everytime needed someone to help/carry them to the position they actually finished. You can argue all you want,but they are the team that raced more legs in TAR history (23) without winning A SINGLE ONE.

Another team that most people tend to like and I don't know why are Amy & Maya. They only won the race because the last leg was horribly designed,they were not good competitors and,to complement that,they were not funny/interesting characters to the race at all.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2015, 09:39:59 PM »
I really dislike Caroline & Jennifer in BOTH appeareances. They were HORRIBLE racers in all aspects and everytime needed someone to help/carry them to the position they actually finished. You can argue all you want,but they are the team that raced more legs in TAR history (23) without winning A SINGLE ONE.

I agree with you, but I never noticed that record. :o

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
All of my opinions may be unpopular here in RFF lol Just give some
- I love Dave & Connor, Tyler and Laura and both teams are hated by a lot of people here in RFF. The same may go to Abbie & Ryan, Vanessa & Ralph case.
- I don't like Brenchel in season 20. They are much better in season 24. But please, no more appearance in any reality game.
- I don't like Nadiya and Natalie both season. But I like Natalie on Survivor.
- Amy and Maya are overrated. I prefer the Cyclists or Wrestlers over them. They are nice, positive and have a good underdog story but other teams are much better than them.
- I do feel the hate for Justin are too much and over the place.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »
- I find Phil's hosting style annoying sometimes.

Example: in the latest episode, TAR 27 Episode 11...

Tiffany & Krista arrive to the Pit Stop in last.
Phil: Justin & Diana had a penalty and we were counting down the minutes for you.

OK?? Way to make them feel even worse...

Another example: in Episode 9 of the same season...

Tanner & Josh arrive to the Pit Stop in last.
Phil: Your only chance was if someone else U-Turned Justin & Diana.

IDK, some of the things he says just feels like they shouldn't be said.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2015, 08:56:50 AM »
I absolutely HATE it whenever Phil does those "live standups" :res: So cheeeesy..

I found Bill & Cathi annoying.
Charla & Mirna were pretty weird as well :gnome
Shelley & Nici were an average team and I was influenced by RFFers, too :lol:
And yeah, I found TAR25 overrated as well. And I would get it if it had aired INSTANTLY after the season-which-shall-not-be-named, but some time had passed, so :didimiss:
I liked Maria & Tiffany.
My favourite F/F team EVER. :luvya:

P sure these are popular opinions
Yeah, some things that are being said on this thread - even the casuals on FB could figure them out :funny:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »
I adored Vanessa & Ralph <3 <3 <3

<3

I was against Brendon & Rachel in TAR20 oopsies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2015, 09:37:16 AM »
There's this "RFF influence" about the super mega ultra hate on 2 teams, specifically Dave & Connor and Justin & Diana. Unfortunately, or fortunately, no matter how I force myself into the influence, I don't seem to hate them that big. :nut: :peek :hides

Dave & Connor were really good in TAR22, despite all the cancer talk. Their race ended badly and unluckily, so I think they deserved a 2nd chance, which came. During TAR24, they were still okay for me. They may have had the editors' hearts by having them receive the protagonist edit while Brenchel getting the antagonist edit. I was still fine with both teams despite that. The only thing that made me dislike Dave & Connor in the end was when I noticed their roadblock count. It was a horrible 5-8 imbalance. :groan: Part of it was TAR's fault about the ruling, but what the heck! :res:

I'm actually fine with Justin & Diana, no matter how I force myself to "hate" them. :stare During Leg 1, they were pathetic with that stupid mistake. They won Leg 2, so yay! First win! The edit during the earlier legs actually made me think of Tanner & Josh as the villain instead, so I thought: Too bad, Justin & Diana didn't win Leg 3. They may have won Legs 4 and 6 after that, but there were no prizes, so they were still pathetic. Leg 7 they finally won a prize again, so yay! Leg 8 itself was on their side, and Leg 9 didn't like Kelsey & Joey, so lucky them, and Leg 10 was linear, so I ended up rooting for Kelsey & Joey especially on how Justin & Diana won Legs 8, 9, and 10. Leg 11 came, and they finally didn't win. :yess: However, I thought an end like Andy & Tommy's was coming for them, too bad it didn't. I tried to hate Justin & Diana after all the commentaries in Episode 11, :funny:  but I can only come up to a dislike. (I'm rooting for Kelsey & Joey due to their awfully many 2nd places. :hoot: )

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2015, 09:39:45 AM »
In what way were Brendon & Rachel the TAR24 antagonists? :lol:

Casuals were SIDING with them during that atrocious season, they only really started being against her from Spain onwards when she started to melt down again lol

I really don't see how Dave got a positive edit considering he was absolutely 100% OTTN on the leg he got U-Turned and the subsequent legs. Editors mellowed them down on 11 and then they won those two final legs along with the hearts of the casuals back :res:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2015, 10:21:58 AM »
Dave & Connor had a winner's edit. ??? Brenchel weren't antagonistic (and IIRC it was a strategic U-turn rather than a personal one), but they happen to have the edit where they became targets.

That season was really a mess. :lol: From casting, to route, to tasks and leg designs, even in drama, it was overall horrible.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2015, 11:09:35 AM »
I suspect things like Brenchel unsuccessfully trying to steal the taxi during the finale were production's last-minute attempts to paint them as unlikable (tbh it would've been easier if Dave weren't making petty comments about Rachel every five minutes so...)

Also...I...dont' really like TAR7 at all

:peek

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »
I always love Brendon & Rachel in both seasons. I remember I was rooting for them to win the Las Vegas finale. Too bad they had an acute taxi problem and once again finished 3rd. On TAR20, they are pretty good actually, could possibly win some legs if Dave & Rachel weren't there.

As for Dave & Connor, I don't have any problem with Connor, I thought that he is a strong racer and he was the X factor that bring this team to win 2 legs on TAR22 and eventually win the "all stars". Dave is the major problem for me. He couldn't do a damn thing. The 8-5 roadblock was ridiculous and he is supremely boring. All the talk he made during the race was:

-Cancer(okay, this is tolerable)
-Injury(come on... don't bring this subject again)
-Brendon & Rachel U-Turning them as signs of disrespect to him
-Accidental alliance to kicked out Brendon & Rachel's ass from the race
-He is old
-Forced Connor to do every roadblock, even the easy one
-WHINE!  :gaah:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:37:58 PM by Andre »
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone