Author Topic: TAR Unpopular Opinions  (Read 89141 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 09:08:20 AM »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline LFelix

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »
I did not see this before,but I'll start right off with a BANG:

TAR 27 is A LOT better than TAR 26

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 09:49:48 AM »
Here's what I had in mind, feel free to comment  :cheer:

1. I like Kelsey and Joey, sure they were bland and all they wanted was to win a leg, but it wasn't their fault because it was Justin and Diana that made them act that way by winning several legs. Had the green team been eliminated earlier we would have seen a different side of the reporters than what was actually shown.

2. As much as I hate Justin and Diana, would you believe me if I wanted them back for next season, but this time all the legs require at least one self driving part. And put them against some of the strongest teams that ever been on the show including Dave and Rachel, Nick and Starr and Meghan and Cheyne. Justin would surely crack under pressure always being left behind. Let's see how he likes it. It would prove where they stand against some of the best racers TAR has ever had.

3. Kelly and Christy were an awesome all female team that I liked, sad that they didn't get past India  :(

4. Michael and Scott were my favorite male team from TAR 25, too bad the injury and their stupidity took them out

5. I was sad when Tanner and Josh were eliminated, that double roadblock was unfair.

6. Mallory was unlikeable for me in season 24, she went several notches down after their elimination

7.  Tim and Marie's team dynamic amazed me, you never know what Marie could do next!

8. Amy helping out Nicole in Japan made me cringe

9. Nathan and Jennifer and Shana and Jennifer's elimination annoyed me to the point where I almost wanted to skip the finale for the first time.

10. I dislike Ron and Christina

11. I whined like crazy when Abbie and Ryan were eliminated, Josh and Brent winning however saved that season for me.

12. Brent and Caite are in my top 3 TAR 16 teams
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:10:21 AM by LeonardTheKoala »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2015, 09:51:38 AM »
I really can't blame you for number six, it was heartbreaking to see Mallory be angry and negative after being the happiest person on earth for two seasons :( Proves even more how crap TAR24 was.

And OMG @ 12 Brent/Caite <3 <3 <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2015, 10:34:28 AM »

1. I like Kelsey and Joey, sure they were bland and all they wanted was to win a leg, but it wasn't their fault because it was Justin and Diana that made them act that way by winning several legs. Had the green team been eliminated earlier we would have seen a different side of the reporters than what was actually shown.

2. As much as I hate Justin and Diana, would you believe me if I wanted them back for next season, but this time all the legs require at least one self driving part. And put them against some of the strongest teams that ever been on the show including Dave and Rachel, Nick and Starr and Meghan and Cheyne. Justin would surely crack under pressure always being left behind. Let's see how he likes it. It would prove where they stand against some of the best racers TAR has ever had.

I agree with number 1.  :hoot:
For number 2, your reason makes that opinion sound agreeable to me. :grins:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2015, 10:45:48 AM »
I dislike Charla and Mirna and Dustin and Kandace, rooted for Eric and Danielle to win and felt miserable thereafter cause all three teams sucked.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2015, 11:07:03 AM »

This is the big issue when you have dominant teams in a season: remaining teams look bland and, at some point, as a bunch of "incompetent" racers. But is only because they're overshadowed by them. Best example is Brendon & Rachel, who were reduced to be "secondary characters" in TAR20 but showed their real potential in TAR24.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »
1) I like Lyn & Karlyn and I love their feud between Dustin & Kandice and ushered another Dustin & Kandice feud with Charla & Mirna. <3 :shrug:

2) I like TAR22, and I think Bates & Anthony was a likable winner team with some UTR fun moments. :shrug:

3) TAR8 was seems fine with the inclusion of Weavers and Paolos despite the route and task was so awful.

4) I found TAR7 and TAR14 was overrated in retrospect after going a rewatch.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »
Now that somebody mentioned it, I just remembered. :ascared

I actually like TAR8. It has classic TAR elements with better editing when compared to today's editings. :lol: Anyway, I like TAR8 because I got to see a few kids race (at least there were some), some tourist attractions in the US that I didn't know of before TAR8 (and since I live outside USA, it was great seeing them), and because it introduced teams of 4. I wouldn't want another family edition to happen again though, because I think all that I've mentioned will only work once. ???

The disappointing parts were the linearity of most legs and several early eliminations, but it was a likable season to me overall. :)

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »
I dislike Charla and Mirna and Dustin and Kandace, rooted for Eric and Danielle to win and felt miserable thereafter cause all three teams sucked.

I never liked Charla and Mirna, not the BQ. They were so overated for me. But in TAR 11 I wanted ChaChaCha to win!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »
Now that somebody mentioned it, I just remembered. :ascared

I actually like TAR8. It has classic TAR elements with better editing when compared to today's editings. :lol: Anyway, I like TAR8 because I got to see a few kids race (at least there were some), some tourist attractions in the US that I didn't know of before TAR8 (and since I live outside USA, it was great seeing them), and because it introduced teams of 4. I wouldn't want another family edition to happen again though, because I think all that I've mentioned will only work once. ???

The disappointing parts were the linearity of most legs and several early eliminations, but it was a likable season to me overall. :)

Yeah I think TAR8 was generally more well received for overseas fans rather than US fans itself.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »
I actually really enjoyed TAR7 and TAR9.

I also felt that TAR7 had the most memorable finale leg.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2015, 03:50:53 PM »
1. I cannot stand Gary & Mallory in any of their appearances.
2. I like Dave & Connor and do not understand the hate directed towards them at all.
3. I prefer TAR24 over TAR26. TAR26 was the worst I have seen out of all of them.
4. I hated Hayley & Blair.
5. I did not enjoy Caroline & Jennifer in TAR22, and was in complete disbelief at their TAR24 appearance, where I hated them for getting so far and beating out others.
6. I'm not pleased with Amy & Maya's victory conditions...
7. Mirna is one of my least favourite people in the world.
8. TAR8 was fantastic.

I dunno, sometimes I'm surprised at what is considered POPULAR opinions, so I might just come back to the thread later.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
My choice for rooting in several seasons is really weird for everyone  :cheer:

Season 16 : I like Carol & Brandy :funny:
Season 17 : I like Nick & Vicki
Season 18 : The constantly-fighting goths  :funny:
Season 20 : Vanaessa & Ralph   :<3
Season 22 : Caroline & Jennifer  :<3 :<3 :<3 :<3

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Kelly and Christy are amazing <333333

And Brent and Caite are actually my #2 favorite team after Steve and Allie
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2015, 06:18:45 PM »
1. I cannot stand Gary & Mallory in any of their appearances.
6. I'm not pleased with Amy & Maya's victory conditions...
omg why

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2015, 07:05:26 PM »
I love the winner of TAR 26

what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2015, 07:38:32 PM »
8. TAR8 was fantastic.

Agreed, especially compared to what we've seen, TAR8 is actually a top tier season <3

I loved the entire cast especially the Weavers <3

Offline Masteracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2015, 04:10:34 AM »
1) Seasons 15 and 19 are two of my favorites. Both seasons contained highly competitive teams.

2) I think seasons 7, 18, 25 and 26 are overrated.

3) Sam and Dan, Natalie and Nadiya, Nathan and Jemnifer, Carol and Brandy, Tara and Wil, Terence and Sarah, and Gary and Dave are some of my favorite teams.

4) Majorly disliked Jet and Cord (3 peat + homophobic), Emily of Nancy and Emily (xenophobic #India), Frank and Margarita (borderline abusive)

5) Not so great racers that were overrated in some way: Chip and Kim, Jaime and Cara, Flight Time and Big Easy, Kynt and Vyksin, Mark and Bopper, Joey and Meghan, Tiffany and Krista, Shelly and Nici, Matt and Ashley

6) For this season: Tanner and Josh get wayyy too much love. They lost their competitive drive halfway through the race. Their performance did not impress me. Even though Justin and Diana have 7 first place finishes, I am skeptical of how great they actually are, because of the lack of competition this season had and also the nature of the leg designs. I would like to see them compete in an all star season.

7) I wouldn't mind seeing som previous winners in an All-Star season. Hello, i's called All-Star a.k.a the best of he best should compete. I.e. Rob and Brennan, Nick and Star, Tammy and Victor, Nat and Kat.

8) I cannot wait for season 28 and think it will be a surprisingly competitive season.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2015, 04:53:21 AM »
Tara & Wil are amazing. i remember I fought with my friend when we try to predict the winner of TAR 2. I picked Tara & Wil, he picked Chris & Alex. but whatever, Tara & Wil are amazing <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here