Author Topic: TAR Unpopular Opinions  (Read 10674 times)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Full Member
  • rosa diaz x gina linetti
Re: TAR Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2018, 02:38:47 AM »
Unpopular opinion - I don't mind celebrities coming on the race.
Yesterday James Corden and Adam Devine posted their race audition clip (Yes, I'm serious ! https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/VIDEO-Watch-Adam-Devine-and-James-Cordens-Amazing-Race-Audition-Tape-20180328)
And honestly, their clip was so funny. They looked really fun and I was like, you know it would be nice to see these two on the race !
And then I go to TARUS' facebook page. Oh. My. GOD. The entire comments section is people saying stuff like "Bring back the normal people," "I miss TAR when we use to have average joes and everyday people." "Stop having celebrities! They look very boring #IHateBBJody"
And I just couldn't. I like the normal people who race, but TAR isn't exclusively a charity show. I actually hated Jessica and Cody on TAR but I don't mind other celebrities !
These people don't understand that in earlier seasons we used to have phenomenal viewership - and s26-s29 our ratings plunged!!!
I was ecstatic when I found out TAR31 would take place but we need to do everything to ensure more seasons come. I honestly don't mind recruiting celebrities (in this case, the celebrities are themselves auditioning.) and if that's a move that brings in more viewers, I'm fine with that.
TAR Crossworlds, 2018.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2018, 09:22:41 AM »
Celebrity seasons of other shows have been a death knell.

And Corden is NOT even eligible to apply as he is a British citizen.

This is a stunt not an application.

Yes ratings dropped because of the time slots we were in. Celebrities are not the answer. WRP had high hopes for the social media season. And what happened? When a team was eliminated 99% of their fans went with them. I have talked directly with Elise about that...she said they learned a valuable lesson there.

Ugh.
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Full Member
  • rosa diaz x gina linetti
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »

Yes ratings dropped because of the time slots we were in. Celebrities are not the answer. WRP had high hopes for the social media season. And what happened? When a team was eliminated 99% of their fans went with them. I have talked directly with Elise about that...she said they learned a valuable lesson there.

Ugh.

but we need to do everything to ensure more seasons come. I honestly don't mind recruiting celebrities (in this case, the celebrities are themselves auditioning.) and if that's a move that brings in more viewers, I'm fine with that.

It's my opinion and I'm fine with celebrities on the race. The crux of my opinion is that I don't insist on people being normal and random, and that I don't mind celebrities on the race. As long as the team:
--> Is funny/ has some level of humor and doesn't take everything way too seriously
--> Isn't outright cutthroat and is willing to do everything including being rude to locals (*sigh* Paul & Steve)
--> Isn't racist/sexist/discriminatory on irrelevant bases
--> Isn't cocky or too arrogant about achievements

I don't give a damn if they are a Z-List celebrity, a drag queen, a coalminer, a cheerleader or WHATEVER, I'm FINE with them racing. I don't demand that they race, but all I'm saying is that don't exclude a person from TAR just because they are a celebrity.

Also, I know that he's a British citizen, which I have even acknowledged on the TAR 31 spec. thread.
TAR Crossworlds, 2018.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2018, 11:49:02 AM »
Violet, a celebrity edition wouldn't just happen naturally, i.e. those people don't regularly apply, otherwise I'm sure we'd be seeing all of them make it to the show (with production hoping to gain more attention). If such a season was in the works, it would be all recruits, and that's why most people are saying they'd rather have regular seasons.

Ugh.
Yeah, I think if the social media season didn't work (in terms of bringing in new viewers), then a celebrity edition will not either.
There was already huge backlash from fans who keep asking for more everyday people, so a celebrity edition might drive a big crowd away.
I expected that after S28, some of the personalities' fans who tuned in would continue watching other seasons, and that would boost the shows overall viewership, but there was really no impact.

We'll do best if we just have non-themed seasons for a few cycles.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:52:11 AM by Marionete »

Offline Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
  • GO ADMIRL LINDSAY HER HOTNESSS
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2018, 07:23:51 AM »
 [/quote]

Agreed! Also hate the twinnies.
[/quote]
I love the twinnies they are funny,carzy and i just love them them being elimnated in TAR 21 totally pissed me off and them being elimnated in all stars just pissed me off even more they could have killed all the task and totally win all stars and could have won both sri lanka legs.
The amazing race (us) the amazing race (Israel)

Offline Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2018, 07:46:31 AM »
OK I hate Amy and Maya in s25 in us version (don't judge me) but they to me are like the worst winners in TAR history even worse and josh and brent I just don't get why people like them first they sucked at Philipenes 2 and my maid (who is filipiono) watched the eposide with me and she was complain that philipenes is easy and why are Amy and maya srtuggleing i know its hot in philipenes but seriously should have been elimnated I think phil only allowed them to race in the finals is because amy or maya (I don't know whitch) got hurt at least they are a little better than my most unfravrotie team lyn and karyn 

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Carlton FC
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2018, 07:23:00 PM »
OK I hate Amy and Maya in s25 in us version (don't judge me) but they to me are like the worst winners in TAR history even worse and josh and brent I just don't get why people like them first they sucked at Philipenes 2 and my maid (who is filipiono) watched the eposide with me and she was complain that philipenes is easy and why are Amy and maya srtuggleing i know its hot in philipenes but seriously should have been elimnated I think phil only allowed them to race in the finals is because amy or maya (I don't know whitch) got hurt at least they are a little better than my most unfravrotie team lyn and karyn

How on earth, could you hate Amy and Maya?
LLLL

0 wins and 4 losses. 18th on the ladder. We Suck.

Offline Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »

How on earth, could you hate Amy and Maya?
They should be ELIMINATED but phil took pity on them and my fav brooke and robbie shouldn't been elimnated grrrrrrrrrr :furious:

Offline Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2018, 08:24:14 PM »
I don't know why but i hate a lot of teams that people sorta like or like
.sheri and coal (coal only i hate coal only)
.Amy and Maya
.Luke and Margie (don't judge me but i hate margie nothing agianst luke)
.lyn and karyn
.BJ and Tyler
.Erin and Josyln

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2018, 11:52:44 PM »
I’m floored that people still believe that the powers that be change NELs and twists on a whim

Phil didn’t take pity on them, production predetermined that they wanted to add the twist before the race started

They were super lucky with it, but it wasn’t because anyone chose to save them then and there
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:58:39 AM by DavidJunior »

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The Queen of Not Caring
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2018, 02:19:23 AM »
.Amy and Maya
.lyn and karyn
.BJ and Tyler
.Erin and Josyln

BJ and Tyler weren't even popular in this forum, but I get it. Karlyn of Lyn & Karlyn spent the entire race being nasty to everyone.

BTW, was it Amaya's fault that Brooke & Robbie got lost because of LA traffic? I love them both, anyway. Also what about the NEL of Leg 11 of TAR 26?
Life is beautiful.

Offline Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2018, 06:27:46 AM »
.Amy and Maya
.lyn and karyn
.BJ and Tyler
.Erin and Josyln

BJ and Tyler weren't even popular in this forum, but I get it. Karlyn of Lyn & Karlyn spent the entire race being nasty to everyone.

BTW, was it Amaya's fault that Brooke & Robbie got lost because of LA traffic? I love them both, anyway. Also what about the NEL of Leg 11 of TAR 26?
I didn't watch Tar 26 cause I swore not to watch it after Amy and Maya won but got back when Tvb pearl showed Tar 27 I watched back