Author Topic: a couple of comments on Survivor stuff, being a new poster  (Read 3210 times)

Offline iandude

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
a couple of comments on Survivor stuff, being a new poster
« on: August 22, 2004, 03:27:07 AM »
1. I only first started watching Survivor at Pearl Islands, so I've only seen that one and All-Stars. I got into it because my wife's seen every season since Australia as they happened, and now having seen Season 1, she has now seen each and every season. I also have a co-worker who loves Survivor, and we talk each and every Friday about the previous night's episode.

2. I looked on the CBS site at the new cast for season 9, and noticed a couple of things.

Twila reminds me a lot of Gerri from Australia, doesn't she?
How on earth will Jeff discern between the two Johns? They're both from LA, so unlike the two Robs from All-Stars he can't say LA John.
It should be interesting having a drill sergeant on the show, eh?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: a couple of comments on Survivor stuff, being a new poster
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 10:17:19 AM »
Glad to have you iandude!

I, personally, am looking forward to the drill sargent, and how he will fit into the group! He will definatly be the worker, and call everyone else lazy! Kinda like BB from Survivor 1!!!

It promises to be a great season!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 02:54:33 PM »
Welcome to the Forum iandude   *()* ..were glad to have you here  :)()

Twila reminds me a lot of Gerri from Australia, doesn't she?

Yes she does look like Jerri .. thats what I also noticed ..especially in the CBS promo..and LIL { Boyscout leader Lill} she reminds me of her too ..with a little Sue Hawk thrown in  ?:)?

How on earth will Jeff discern between the two Johns? They're both from LA, so unlike the two Robs from All-Stars he can't say LA John.
their looks are s o different ..my guess is he will just all them John P And John K??

It should be interesting having a drill sergeant on the show, eh?
Did you see this guy on the Early Show?? I hope he was kidding..lol..as posted by Texan in another topic..their does seem to be a military connection in the cast..maybe he'll be alright  :\/

Quote from Amber Brkich~
Previous "Survivors" say Masters might have tough going. When asked about Masters on Tuesday’s "CBS Morning Show," million-dollar winner Amber Brkich said, "You can’t be too bossy out there. Bossy ones get voted out quickly."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 03:02:53 PM »
This link should get you all to  the Early Show Promo ..for anyone that missed it ..

:)_{}

Offline iandude

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 02:16:07 AM »
Also, from looking at the cast list again, Scout(I think I'm referring to her) reminds me a lot of Kathy from Marquesas. Anyone else notice that?

Also, for this next season my wife and I already have a favorite who we'll be rooting for, like we did with Rupert from Pearl Islands. My wife's from the Bay Area, so the guy, Chad I believe, who is the teacher from Oakland will be our guy.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 11:11:16 AM »
 ^:)^ Yes Chad !! The man with that had part of his leg removed !! GO Chad.. :)() I hope he goes far  **:)**

Oh and more thoughts on who Twila reminds me of ..Deena ..she was on Survivor Amazon

{Pic from survivor fever }