Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 11 "It's Not Easy Beating Green" (Hong Kong; Macau)  (Read 76530 times)

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 27 Ep 11 "It's Not Easy Beating Green" (Hong Kong; Macau)
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2015, 05:07:16 AM »
I am wondering why does most of the team (mainly J/D, L/C, J/K) send their girl members (Kelsey, Diana, Logan) to perform the roadblock? If this is some sort of search and retrieve roadblock task in the water? shouldn't male be the best team member to perform? This came into my mind because I think male are strong enough and more stamina to perform this.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2015, 05:16:36 AM »
I am wondering why does most of the team (mainly J/D, L/C, J/K) send their girl members (Kelsey, Diana, Logan) to perform the roadblock? If this is some sort of search and retrieve roadblock task in the water? shouldn't male be the best team member to perform? This came into my mind because I think male are strong enough and more stamina to perform this.

Well Logan has to do it, she's the only team member left with 4 Roadblocks and no balance (her yelling at Chris in Poland is now 100% deserved if she messes up considering she was begging to do that one :lol:).

For the others, IDK, maybe it's because the clue seems like a dancing task? *shrugs*

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2015, 05:27:32 AM »

Well Logan has to do it, she's the only team member left with 4 Roadblocks and no balance (her yelling at Chris in Poland is now 100% deserved if she messes up considering she was begging to do that one :lol:).

For the others, IDK, maybe it's because the clue seems like a dancing task? *shrugs*

True! :funny:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2015, 05:47:45 AM »

Are you sure?
As I remember, Logan did RB in Argentina 1, Zambia, France, Netherlands and India 2.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2015, 06:14:30 AM »
I noticed that in twitter Tiffany & Krista looks so excited about the race. I see that they thanked everyone that are fan of them which roots for them.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2015, 06:36:06 AM »
 :yess:
I noticed that in twitter Tiffany & Krista looks so excited about the race. I see that they thanked everyone that are fan of them which roots for them.

what does that mean?   :umn:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »

Are you sure?
As I remember, Logan did RB in Argentina 1, Zambia, France, Netherlands and India 2.

Okay NVM wikipedia was wrong :x

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2015, 12:34:46 PM »
:yess:

what does that mean?   :umn:

I hope it doesn't mean that they're out.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2015, 12:37:16 PM »
I think the scenario laid out by paradoxinee is most conclusive and highly possible.

From the available information, it is obviously true that the detour happens before roadblock, because (1) Detour clue shown in Hong Kong at Shamshuipo; (2) all teams got roadblock make up when check in AND (3) Pitstop is in Macau

For detour, I wonder if it is after getting clue from Peninsula Hotel? That would be weird as there was no sighting that whole morning after Peninsula, maybe they went to somewhere indoor so no one noticed them. From what I guess, in Shamshuipo possible tasks they can do may be related to garment or electronic products? They got some markets for both around that area and are quite authentic Hong Kong scenes. Wish they would go at least either of them.

I just wonder the timing of the detour. As I recall there's a morning CX or Air India flights from Delhi to Hong Kong arriving 6am-ish, so that may fit the time when T/K are shown at Peninsula Hotel (around 8:30am), then it may mean that is the place they get the detour clue as well. After detour they will take ferry at either Central or Tsim Sha Tsui to Macau for the rest of the race. Ferry departs every half an hour so possible bunching up with them as well. That may be the time when J/D fall behind (possibly missing a ferry with all other teams on the previous one).

For roadblock, House of Dancing Water is actually a show like Cirque de Soleil but also with water element. The platform can be removed from time to time so that sometimes the dancers are dancing on the floor but suddenly they can also do stunts and dive into the pool when the platform is gone. It makes sense the roadblock is timed because there's one pool and all teams bunch up so must be timed to make them rotate in using it.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2015, 01:48:14 PM »
I speculate that K/J wins that leg, J/D arrives second with a penalty, T/K arrives third with a penalty,
L/C arrive fourth and find they are second, Making J/D third, & T/K eliminated.
This is yet another plausible theory, which proves how anything could happen this leg.

I actually can't wait for this episode and especially since I love Hong Kong! :hearts:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »
Press pics are up.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2015, 07:40:40 PM »
LOGAN & CHRIS SEEN AT BOTH DETOURS :O

"It's Not Easy Beating Green"--In Detour A, Chris (left) and Logan (right) must choose a fabric sample and a set of measurements for a tailored jacket. Once they cut all of the pieces correctly, they will receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"It's Not Easy Beating Green"--In Detour B, Chris (left) and Logan (right) must find a working cell phone in a bin in at the Apliu Street Flea Market in Hong Kong then call the number programed into the phone. They will then learn the location of the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Roadblock also confirmed before Pit Stop.

"It's Not Easy Beating Green"--In this Road Block, Krista (pictured) perform in a state of the art water production at the House of Dancing Water in Macau, China on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"It's Not Easy Beating Green"--After completing the Road Block, Kelsey (left) and Joey (right) make their way to the Pit Stop at Nam Van Lake Peir in Macau, China on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
It looks like both detour took place in Sham shui po
This is the first time a HK task is really related to the daily work of us Hong Kong people :yess:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2015, 09:13:25 PM »
If J/D are eliminated this leg, is it the first time final 3 including teams not winning any leg?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2015, 09:16:30 PM »
If J/D are eliminated this leg, is it the first time final 3 including teams not winning any leg?
One team of the final 3 will at least win one leg (leg11)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »
One team of the final 3 will at least win one leg (leg11)

Yeah, I forgot about that lol. So the question is: If J/D are eliminated this leg, is it the first time final 3 including teams not winning any leg, except penutimate leg?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2015, 09:25:45 PM »
Yeah, I can see it ending exactly like you guys have been saying:

1. Justin & Diana incur a penalty
2. Editing jumps back and forth between a countdown and team #4 rushing to the Pit Stop
3. Team #4 arrives JUST after the penalty ends. Like minutes.
4. Viewers rage at how close it was to getting rid of Green.

All-too-common scenario in the race :P

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2015, 09:47:46 PM »

I think Justin is sitting on where Tiffany is, so maybe they are indeed in last place. You won't worry that much if you know you're in first and we know how Justin behaves when they know they're in front.

I don't think he's *in* her seat:

but since there are two empty seats around her, that puts them as third and fourth.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2015, 09:49:51 PM »
*sighs* Tiffany is next to him =/

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2015, 10:05:35 PM »
*sighs* Tiffany is next to him =/

At least we know that Logan & Chris already left at that time and probably Kelsey & Joey as well, since I saw only two girls are behind Justin and Tiffany... cmiiw
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Blue Robot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2015, 10:22:19 PM »
Chris and Logan probably got first. Kelsey and Joey must have just have finished moments before that last cap, and Diana must be about to get it, considering K&J probably get at the pitstop just a few minutes before J&D. Earlier enough so they have time to debrief with Phil and tell him no one would cry if green was eliminated (Joey wasn't looking at the camera when he said that, so I'm assuming he was talking to Phil), but they were still at the mat when J&D got there, since they were seen side by side. Unless Kelsey and Joey got a penalty too, which doesn't seem very likely.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »
So Chris and Logan switch Detour but still get to RB the same time as K/J, T/K and before J/D  :o

Offline Blue Robot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
So Chris and Logan switch Detour but still get to RB the same time as K/J, T/K and before J/D  :o

I'm assuming they all (except J/D) got on the same flight (or whatever means of transportation they will be using), that's why they all get there at the same time and that's why Justin/Diana are so worried on the taxi

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2015, 10:34:04 PM »

I'm assuming they all (except J/D) got on the same flight (or whatever means of transportation they will be using), that's why they all get there at the same time and that's why Justin/Diana are so worried on the taxi

No, Detour is before RB, so I'm surprised that L/C are still at the RB at the same time as K/J, T/K even switch Detour. Maybe the ferry hold the others two teams for some time so L/C catch up.

Offline Blue Robot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »
I meant the transportation between Hong Kong and Macau.