Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 10 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 28098 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Ep 10 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2015, 11:19:21 PM »
Quesa Dilla ‏@KillaDilla31  16m16 minutes ago
@LoganFazio I'm more confused by the balloon challenge. It looks like the cheerleader wasn't made to go back & reload balloons...why not?

KristaDeBono ‏@KristaKimberly  14m14 minutes ago
@KillaDilla31 @LoganFazio a lot of reasons that could not be shown on camera

Does this mean production gave them the pass because of what the local did :lol: <3

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2015, 11:25:32 PM »
I remember one of Logan's balloon flied out of the net but she just continued to go.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2015, 11:33:47 PM »
PLEASE EVERYONE!!

Remember that NO FUTURE SPOILERS can be posted or discussed in this thread. The rules are clearly posted every single week.

Enjoy the ep and the discussion, but keep in mind that people who read the show updates may not want to be spoiled for future eps.

This is a BIG DEAL so be careful, okay? Thanks!

multiple posts removed
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2015, 12:19:16 AM »
So I was listening to the recap on robhasapodcast. And the woman who does the recap for the website with Rob C. (from Survivor The Amazon)  was at Justin&Diana and Tiffany&Krista's viewing party. Apparently teams (she mentioned Krista&Tiffany) had a lot of problems during this leg mostly because of the local indian men were really touchy and persistent with the cheerleaders. We saw Krista asking a guy to "please go away" but it looks like he followed her most if not the entire duration of the detour. Apparently this guy was screaming at them during a long period of time.

I'm assuming production were not really that thrilled to know that teams were feeling insecure during their time on the race, especially if the girls had their personal space invaded so they just skip any kind of penalty involving the balloons especially when she did most of the task correctly and and outsider sabotaged her. The woman on the podcast also mentioned that the girls had their generator turn off by one of the locals but they had to redo it because the camera didn't catch the task being perfomed properly.

It looks like this leg was particularly troublesome for both the racers and production so they probably just wanted to finish filming for the day and keep going with the show.

Also Denise&James Earl were minutes behind Logan&Chris so If Tiffany would've been asked to redo the task I'm pretty sure that would've been the end for the cheerleaders.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »
I don't think a night leg in India was a very brilliant idea safety wise
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2015, 04:05:52 AM »
we have done night leg in India before I recall in India 1 of season 13
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2015, 06:46:54 AM »
Weakest leg at one of the worst season EVER  :stare Very linear, no chance for Denise & James Earl to catch up with the leading pack, and what the heck??? a U-Turn before the Detour??? Hell NO!
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2015, 06:59:55 AM »
Am I crazy for loving this leg but hating how linear it is

Like... it would have been 100000% better if they were bunched then released at like night with no U-Turn

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2015, 07:06:46 AM »

I just can tolerate this season anymore. Great cast & route, but Justin, tasks & editor ruin it

You guys all forget the misleading teaser. Maybe Justin and Diana arrive in the last place but another team got penalty lol
I have the same feeling, but i hope i'm wrong.

Justin in leg 1:  :'( :'( :'(
Justin Leg 2-10:  :hoot: blahblah blahblah
Justin next leg: back to leg 1. 
Me: :barf :barf

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2015, 07:07:36 AM »
and that pit stop location is  :gaah: They could've put the pit stop in another location, maybe someone's tuk tuk could get lost, that would have spiced up the drama  :(
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »
It was a glimpse of local culture...but I like scenery better. I think this leg was very difficult for the women.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2015, 07:21:45 AM »
It was a glimpse of local culture...but I like scenery better. I think this leg was very difficult for the women.
I agree. Both Detour tasks were physical and navigating the chaotic Indian streets (in both the RB and Detour) is easier for men than it is for women due to Indian societal attitudes.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2015, 07:26:12 AM »
The leg was so linear. :( Denise & JE didn't have a chance to stay unless some other teams had worse luck. Kelsey & Joey didn't have a chance to be 1st after the cab from last leg drove them off elsewhere. :whoop:

The tasks were great though, just like last leg. I like how the leg has a theme, an Indian wedding. :conf: The detour sides were equally difficult, and the roadblock was hard even though it was somewhat boring. Also, first night leg in a long while! :yess:

The U-turn on Logan & Chris was for Justin & Diana to save their friends Tiffany & Krista and Kelsey & Joey. I'm surprised with the latter one, even though I shouldn't be. :funny: Remember Leg 3 when they had an alliance to try taking out Tanner & Josh? :funny: Joey was even practicing his puppet mastering! :funny: At least that "alliance" saved Kelsey & Joey from being U-turned! :oh If it was a W-turn though, I wonder how it'd turn out since Logan & Chris could U-turn either teams behind them. ??? At least I'm glad a single U-turn changed the game, and made a new record. :funny:

The preview for next leg though... ??? It could be deceiving. Kelsey & Joey seem calm, but what if they were eliminated?  :o Justin & Diana and Tiffany & Krista were shown taking time at the roadblock. ??? Justin's pit stop reaction could mean they were eliminated or they were spared elimination. ??? Also, it seems that Justin & Diana were with another team at the pit stop. ??? I should view the Leg 11's preview thread soon. :grins:

The episode didn't excite me in terms of drama. I still like the tasks and their respective difficulty though. :hrt: One more thing I almost forgot: Kids!!!  :hearts: Yay!

Denise & JE had a sad elimination, but I see them as a weak team who only got lucky winning the 5th leg. It's like I want them to return, but I'm not sure if they deserve it since they really seem like a weak team. ??? As mentioned earlier though, Denise & JE could take the spot of Margie & Luke. I want Denise & JE for all-stars, but I think there are other teams who are better and more deserving. ??? I won't mind if they'll be back though. :) One thing is 99% sure, and that is the paparazzi not returning. :funny:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:30:15 AM by Platrium »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2015, 09:18:10 AM »
But glam stars Tiffany and Krista survived!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2015, 09:30:02 AM »
Once again, a disappointing Leg from a disappointing Season.  :groan:  Can't believe how many linear Legs there's been, and how many times a team was screwed by the awful Leg design.  (Legs 3, 4, 9, 10 I'm looking at you)  (:;)

The U-Turn before the Detour didn't bother me, but that was the only thing I think I didn't mind about this Leg.
Tiffany & Krista, & Chris & Logan surviving! <3  :hearts:
Justin & Diana winning AGAIN........  :barf

Definitely think the Preview for next week is misleading us.  There's no way it would show Justin practically collapse at the mat as if they've been eliminated, if they were actually eliminated.  My guess, they arrived last, minutes behind the 3rd place team, (maybe even a foot race) and the team in 3rd ended up getting a penalty.  If that's the case though I'm giving up.  :gaah:

Team Rankings:
Love: Tiffany & Krista, Chris & Logan
Dislike: Joey & Kelsey, Diana
Just Go Away: Justin
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »
That uturn before the detour would be so good if this is not a linear leg..

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »
The comment from Phil may be for Logan & Chris or Tiffany & Krista when they win a leg? Like they do not expect to win the leg or something.

I think that the comment could have something to do with eliminating the fourth team. Since we had two seasons in a row with a F4 final leg, the racers would probably expect the same this season and if we have a F3 final leg, then this would be a surprise for them.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2015, 10:58:27 AM »
Worst leg of this season.
It was so linear! I mean, the team who arrives first to the challenge will leave first. There's no chance to catch up. I think that's the reason of the U-Turn, to not make it that linear, but it didn't work.

So sad for James Earl and Denise... and so upset for the winings of Justin & Diana...

I'm just rooting for the girls. Go Tiffany & Krista!! <3
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2015, 10:01:46 PM »
Tiffany & Krista surviving  :cheer: but I'm bummed out that their alliances, Tanner & Josh and Denise & James Earl are already eliminated back to back.  :'(

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2015, 11:02:20 PM »
Just saw the episode last night....

Although i loved the night leg India, the task, and the theme, i hated that it turned out too be a boring linear leg with some shuffled placement because of U-turn...

I disliked Justin but I've to say that he was really a perfectionist man and I think he(&Diana) deserved that (with a help of linear leg lol)
what might have been