Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 9 LIVE Updates and Commentary!  (Read 33024 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Ep 9 LIVE Updates and Commentary!
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »
I think the producers hoped that somebody would U-turn some team other than the one having the speed bump. That would probably have given us a very exciting struggle between those two teams to not be last. Alas somebody used the U-turn on the team with the speed bump, thus sealing their fate.

But I must say that I'm disappointed with all the posts here whose only purpose is to say how much the poster dislike one specific team. If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything.

I disagree. If you're putting yourself in public view you're opening yourself up to criticism. The point of the viewers having an opinion is to praise and/or criticize.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
I now think I know where the best season ever rumours probably started from, but just alarmed by the fact that as a fan himself, he would think that his season would become OTHERS favourite season considering the tasks, and mediocre teams.

Right? :lol: :lol:

Justin posting that he wanted to win every leg in his thread(lol at no qstns last week) has really spoiled this season for me.

Did you really expect him (or any other racer) to say "I want to finish 5th!" If you have a competitive bone in your body, you want to win.

If I had a messup Leg 1 like that I would be relieved to not be first boot, not upset/mad I didn't win the first leg, but that's just my modest opinion.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
I liked the Pit Stop -- too bad there was no real footrace or anything. It seemed like based on the location, production was hoping for one.

There was a potential one with Logan/Chris and Kelsey/Joey, as they checked in almost the same time. But oh well :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2015, 09:59:45 PM »
Justin posting that he wanted to win every leg in his thread(lol at no qstns last week) has really spoiled this season for me.

Did you really expect him (or any other racer) to say "I want to finish 5th!" If you have a competitive bone in your body, you want to win.

If I had a messup Leg 1 like that I would be relieved to not be first boot, not upset/mad I didn't win the first leg, but that's just my modest opinion.

AMEN. (using this word too since it has been thrown around so frequently)

Online maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2015, 02:48:21 AM »
I disagree. If you're putting yourself in public view you're opening yourself up to criticism. The point of the viewers having an opinion is to praise and/or criticize.

Sure criticism is fine. But a post saying that the poster hate one specific team and hope they are eliminated is not criticism, that is just a random negative opinion. Unfortunately there is already too much hate in the world already so we do not need any more.

Besides we have the bitch moan and squeal thread for that kind of posts.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2015, 06:01:25 AM »
I think the speed bump was not fair and was too time consuming. I note that this is the first time we see the speed bump this season (latest ever appearance).

If you mean this is the latest appearance of a Speedbump EVER, then it's not.  S26 had a Speedbump in Leg 10.
And I think it's tied with S18, as the latest ever first appearance in a single Season.

Oops sorry, I meant latest appearance of the FIRST Speedbump. Missed that first word, LOL.
No, TAR23 had a Speed Bump on Leg 11 :lol:

Offline boggart

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2015, 09:43:57 AM »
hi all!
This is my first time to leave message here!
Tanner and Josh is one of my favourite teams this season, sad to see them go

By the way, I have just visited Justin and Diana facebook, and saw some guys commenting that Tanner and Josh actually didn't taken the extra minute to read the instructions. The guys said Tanner and Josh can actually both do the rockblock at the same time. Just wondering if anyone of you has any idea about his comments? Is it really true?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2015, 10:12:05 AM »
 :welcome: to RFF boggart!!  I had not heard that but will def check it out! Thanks for the heads up!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline boggart

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2015, 07:20:44 AM »
hey thanks georgiapeach for your warm welcome!!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2015, 07:55:16 AM »
hi all!

By the way, I have just visited Justin and Diana facebook, and saw some guys commenting that Tanner and Josh actually didn't taken the extra minute to read the instructions. The guys said Tanner and Josh can actually both do the rockblock at the same time. Just wondering if anyone of you has any idea about his comments? Is it really true?

There is no way we know if the instructions said that they could both do the roadblock at the same time. But in my opinion, if they could both do the roadblock at the same time, then it is not really speedbump because they would finish even before some teams without any delay. Maybe Josh could do the RB after Tanner finished the first stage of RB?

Offline boggart

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2015, 09:59:50 AM »
hi all!

There is no way we know if the instructions said that they could both do the roadblock at the same time. But in my opinion, if they could both do the roadblock at the same time, then it is not really speedbump because they would finish even before some teams without any delay. Maybe Josh could do the RB after Tanner finished the first stage of RB?
I agree with u totally... if they can perfotm the toadblock at the same time, it is not a speedbump at all... i dunno why those guys come up with such idea...

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2015, 07:01:42 PM »
Actually, going back when I watched it, my understanding was both of them should do the task but it's not clear when the other can do it or they can do it simultaneously. If that was the case, I think it's still will consume energy not necessarily the time.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2015, 10:36:20 PM »
I think it will still be considered a speedbump even if both of them do it at the same time. It drains the energies of both racers.