Author Topic: The 'What Would You Do' (WWYD) Amazing Race Thread  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
The 'What Would You Do' (WWYD) Amazing Race Thread
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:33:11 PM »
Many times, we get to see a situation on the race and we're like... that's dumb/smart! I would/would not do that!

So in the most recent leg in Rotterdam, Denise and Earl James were placed in a situation where they either choose to:
1. Follow Cindy and Rick on the train with 2 stops to The Hague
2. Wait for their direct train to The Hague (and it got delayed 10 mins but they didn't know)

In the end, it seems like it wasn't their decision that paid off, but because Cindy and Rick got on the wrong tram. Otherwise, their decision would have eliminated them.

For me, I would have waited for the direct train as well (without knowing the 10 mins delay), knowing that if it's a foot race, I can't out run Cindy and Rick. What would you do?

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The 'What Would You Do' (WWYD) Amazing Race Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »
It is always easier to make decisions like this once you know the outcome :)  But I think I would take the direct train. Assuming I do not think I can outrun the the other team I need to distance myself from them.

But if I was confident in my ability to outrun the other team then the best strategy would be to take the same train as them in order to keep them close.

Of course both strategies could backfire as well.